Official AT&T Vivid ICS RUU from HTC

Search This thread

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!

Make sure that if you have a custom recovery that is is updated & double check that it is. Write the version numbers down to confirm, both before & after.

There was an early recovery that could not (CANNOT) be overwritten without flashing a modified PH39IMG file first, then flashing stock or new modified recovery.

If you update with your device with that original recovery, you may be very sorry.

shackman716

Aug 20, 2010
Dunkirk, NY
Ok so I put the ICS that Pirate put up before he got mad and took it down. Doing what I had to do in order to get that on my ohone, does that,mean I'm already set to use this RUU and get the "official" ICS update if I so choose?

Sent from my HTC Vivid using xda premium

shackman716

Aug 20, 2010
Dunkirk, NY
Ok that's what I had thought, just all this talk of different recoveries and stuff started to confuse me lol... Thanks for the help

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

W

Wild Child

Run the ruu...Unsure of which tools exactly are for just rooting youl, have to either call att for a simunlock code or purchase one from online

After reading some of the posts - I have a few questions.
I have a stock AT&T Vivid. I believe I can just install the following directly - correct?
http://dl3.htc.com/application/htc_vivid_att_RUU_3.26.502.56_US.exe

Then after upgrade to ICS -- can some one point me to the correct direction to ROOT and SIM UNLOCK the Vivid after I upgrade to ICS?

Thank you!

ntluan

Apr 6, 2011
Can Tho
Hello, i have a Raider 4G (Korea branded) phone, may i update to ICS by this RUU, i'm in stock rooted 2.3.7 and custom recovery.

mcchico

Dec 1, 2006
ICS Root

Run the ruu...Unsure of which tools exactly are for just rooting youl, have to either call att for a simunlock code or purchase one from online

Thank you

So, just to confirm, I assume that "YES" I can run the update on stock AT&T (no rooting required) and then after I upgrade to ICS any RUU will root -- nothing special to root ICS?

Thank you!

homeslice976

Feb 25, 2010
Central Pennsylvania
Thank you

So, just to confirm, I assume that "YES" I can run the update on stock AT&T (no rooting required) and then after I upgrade to ICS any RUU will root -- nothing special to root ICS?

Thank you!

RUU=ROM Update Utility. These are full builds released from HTC that will NOT have root. A lot of custom ROMs are built from an RUU, but rooted during the cooking process.

emoandy

Feb 14, 2006
thanks works great! a little slow on my virtual machine windows but that's not the ruu's fault, it's my lack of memory. one thing it doesn't tell you is to put it into fastboot mode.

smartechno

Jun 17, 2010
do we know if Rogers Raider can work with this ?
anybody with rogers already flashed this, please confirm.

thekalby

Feb 25, 2011
MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!

Make sure that if you have a custom recovery that is is updated & double check that it is. Write the version numbers down to confirm, both before & after.

There was an early recovery that could not (CANNOT) be overwritten without flashing a modified PH39IMG file first, then flashing stock or new modified recovery.

If you update with your device with that original recovery, you may be very sorry.

What do you mean by this? That before I run the ruu, I need to update CWM to the newest version?

Top Liked Posts