Signature image restrictions

Search This thread

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
He must put that on his Tapatalk signature..

I don't want to report it, no reason for it. I just can forward a link to his profile/post to an admin/moderator if interested and care about this aspect.

Last edited:

_Variable

Jun 10, 2012
Manila
The sent from... signatures are built in the app.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app

deathnotice01

Feb 19, 2012
Cebu

2jg1p1c.png

...now that is taking the p*$s!

holy sweet mother of bovine!
that's one fat arse sig!

but my vote is limiting the sizes of both signature and images,
a little size restriction won't butt hurt anyone

.:QueNNch:.

Apr 5, 2012
Nottingham
SIMPLY

USE

SPOILERS

and

most

people

know

that

[ HIDE ] ...content.... [ /HIDE ]
^ omit the spaces ofcozze ^

(i think this post filled up the screen too) ;)

Reactions: Romulux

Eures

Sep 2, 2012
Signatures should be smaller than the avatar

Signatures should be smaller than the avatar, it is logical.

In recent years we have seen websites with footer very high, even higher than the head, but a post in a forum thread must have always the head bigger than the footer, because the signature can not interrupt the flow of reading, and this is achieved only if the signature is smaller than the avatar... ;)

B

Bruce Wayne

Signatures should be smaller than the avatar, it is logical.

In recent years we have seen websites with footer very high, even higher than the head, but a post in a forum thread must have always the head bigger than the footer, because the signature can not interrupt the flow of reading, and this is achieved only if the signature is smaller than the avatar... ;)

Are you serious?
Xda restricts avatar sizes to 80*80 pixels.
Find me a signature of size less than that.

Also stop bumping old threads like this. You post your suggestions in feed back/recommendations thread.

A Hero Can Be Anyone, even a MUFFIN

Eures

Sep 2, 2012
Are you serious?
Xda restricts avatar sizes to 80*80 pixels.
Find me a signature of size less than that.

Also stop bumping old threads like this. You post your suggestions in feed back/recommendations thread.

Yes of course!.. :) Xda could restrict signature sizes to less than 80*80, or you may decide to emphasize the signature because it is cool, but then it is useless to argue about the size of the signature, I think...

Eures

Sep 2, 2012
Unfortunately I can not follow you... Anyway, if the avatar is 80x80 pixels, the signature image could be, for example, 80x40, why not?...

B

Bruce Wayne

But you dont like Signs more then 80*80 or 80*40..??:silly:

@[Bruce wayne]: Buddy, I think still we dont have signature size pixel notice from Admin..??:confused:

Not yet. I believe they just asked to report big sigs whenever you see them. Anything more than 400-450 pixels should be considered big.
And also I got rid of that [square bracket]. Its just Bruce Wayne now.

A Hero Can Be Anyone.

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
But you dont like Signs more then 80*80 or 80*40..??:silly:

@[Bruce wayne]: Buddy, I think still we dont have signature size pixel notice from Admin..??:confused:
they said you should report according to your judgment. As until now users judgment was quite good enough.. anything of height more than 200/250 and width more than 800 would be big I feel.. well, people have different tolerance level. So if you feel the sig is bit big or bigger than the sig should be..

just send a friendly pm to that user to reduce it and state the reason.. if he doesn't change in 2 days.. then you can report him.. I have asked some.. believe me, they change it.. most of them didn't think it was big.. that's all..

Reactions: D™

GermainZ

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Aug 3, 2012
they said you should report according to your judgment. As until now users judgment was quite good enough.. anything of height more than 200/250 and width more than 800 would be big I feel.. well, people have different tolerance level. So if you feel the sig is bit big or bigger than the sig should be..

just send a friendly pm to that user to reduce it and state the reason.. if he doesn't change in 2 days.. then you can report him.. I have asked some.. believe me, they change it.. most of them didn't think it was big.. that's all..

+1

Also, letting them know about people having different resolutions then theirs and the sidebar to the right is usually a good idea. Many don't take that into consideration. A screenshot helps, too. :)

Reactions: iamareebjamal

D™

May 23, 2012
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ Watching You @!@
I recently discussed the same with a MOD, according to him Sign must be in 600 Pixel including ur text, Image & everything.
Even I have seen people are having full page Sign. I will let you know through PM @Deadly buddy.

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Are my sigs big?

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Sent from a dark and unknown place
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100

Nup..dont seems so..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We do police image sizes to an extent. if one is larger than it needs to be, we'll ask the member to reduce the size or remove it.

But remember you can hide signatures from being shown in your profile settings. http://xdaforums.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
    Many complain they can't see my signature hidden in spoilers
    I'd like to complain that I can.
    I know this board is HUGE and I'm just one voice, but I wanted to get this out there.

Signature images should be disallowed.
    That, or sig image sizes need to be heavily restricted.
    It has gotten really out of hand as of late and makes the forum a scroll-fest. It is unnecessary and downright frustrating when surfing via a phone or tablet.

Case and point... 2 posts. One with one word, one with a very short sentence. 2 posts take up the ENTIRE screen. Come on...

xda-huge-sigs.jpg

Neither image adds anything useful to either poster's content and neither image is really useful for anything else.
    Even more annoying is some user's sig images eat up an entire page by themselves. When half a thread's space is eaten up with worthless sig images, it just makes the board look like a cluttered mess.

Venting over.
    I know this board is HUGE and I'm just one voice, but I wanted to get this out there.

Signature images should be disallowed.
    That, or sig image sizes need to be heavily restricted.
    It has gotten really out of hand as of late and makes the forum a scroll-fest. It is unnecessary and downright frustrating when surfing via a phone or tablet.

Case and point... 2 posts. One with one word, one with a very short sentence. 2 posts take up the ENTIRE screen. Come on...
    Neither image adds anything useful to either poster's content and neither image is really useful for anything else.
    Even more annoying is some user's sig images eat up an entire page by themselves. When half a thread's space is eaten up with worthless sig images, it just makes the board look like a cluttered mess.

Venting over.

The first signature doesn't look too big IMO.
    The post would be of same length without the signature.
    Can't really say something about the second signature, as it does not end at the end of your screenshot.
    So that could in deed be too big.

Extremely big signature should be reported to the forum specific maoderator (FSM), but if you feel that it is only "a little bit" too big, than you can PM the user in a friendly way.
    I have done this several times like: "You have a very nice signature and a really good looking picture in there. Maybe you can even improve your signature by using a smaller picture or optimizing the arrangement of the parts in your signature so that your post can be read better. And this could also save some space in the threads as well."

All users that I PMed like this answered very pleased that they feel thankful for my tips and changed their signatures.
    Maybe I was lucky ... but if you provide your help to optimize their sigantures, most people will at least tolerate it IMO.
    Their signature extended takes up my full screen, which is ridiculous, I think some People don't grasp the point of a signature.

Ha yep they sure don't.
    @Chukudu seriously, remove that gif. Also reduce the font size pls.