Custom roms - no mobile network

Search This thread
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

I cant get any mobile network on any custom rom. It does work on the ICS beta but its not a great rom imo. I have flashed jellybean, xpress ics rom, dark ics rom, and ICS 4.04 all from Shadowsnipers tutorials on youtube. Roms work perfect but never any signal - im with Meteor in Ireland. I tinker with the settings GSM only etc or wcdma or both but I get error when looking for mobile networks. Another problem I have is any custom kernel I use to flash a rom ( Lupus, Doomlord ). It installs the rom, but instead of rebooting, It always boots into recovery. The only way I can install a rom is by using the boot.img that came with the stock beta gapps addon on ics beta. When the rom is flashed, I have to flash boot.img again without recovery ( from stock ics beta )...then the rom loads perfect apart from the NETWORK...Main problems is why cant my device reboot normally in the first place after i install a zip from sd card through lupus/doomlord/cwm auto. I have followed the instructions 100%. wipe cache , dalvic, system restore and advanced settings - but no change..would that be the cause.??... looks like stuck on stock 2.3.4 ...

wedgess

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
Hi,

I cant get any mobile network on any custom rom. It does work on the ICS beta but its not a great rom imo. I have flashed jellybean, xpress ics rom, dark ics rom, and ICS 4.04 all from Shadowsnipers tutorials on youtube. Roms work perfect but never any signal - im with Meteor in Ireland. I tinker with the settings GSM only etc or wcdma or both but I get error when looking for mobile networks. Another problem I have is any custom kernel I use to flash a rom ( Lupus, Doomlord ). It installs the rom, but instead of rebooting, It always boots into recovery. The only way I can install a rom is by using the boot.img that came with the stock beta gapps addon on ics beta. When the rom is flashed, I have to flash boot.img again without recovery ( from stock ics beta )...then the rom loads perfect apart from the NETWORK...Main problems is why cant my device reboot normally in the first place after i install a zip from sd card through lupus/doomlord/cwm auto. I have followed the instructions 100%. wipe cache , dalvic, system restore and advanced settings - but no change..would that be the cause.??... looks like stuck on stock 2.3.4 ...

Im on the same network with no problems. What kernel of mine are you using (gb, gb/ics, ics beta, or jb) Did u flash the recommended ftf. Try wipe all partitions in cwm → advanced→ mounts.. then format system and do your wipes. or
sudo fastboot erase userdata && sudo fastboot erase system then wipe you caches and flash ROM.