[Don't steal my phone] Another thief protection software

Search This thread

SGH-i200

Aug 31, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Google Pixel 2
QVGA-friendly edition?

I just installed DSMP on my i200 WM Standard (non-touch) device.

The problem is that this device has an QVGA resolution (320x240). That cuts the part of the dialog with the password box. There is a scrollbar but I can't use it...

It don't look like this on my screen. Password box cut off...
Shot1.jpg

Maybe you can build a QVGA-friendly edition?

Thanks in advance! :)

SGH-i200

Aug 31, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Google Pixel 2
HD2, testing interface, build into ROM possible -> RemoteTracker

I would like to get a testing interface to simulate the commands.

Then it would be easier to test and figure out which functions aren`t working on some phones.

On the HTC HD2 "whereRU" doen`t let the phone ring :mad:

GreeT`s

If you want HD2-compatibility, testing interface, build into ROM possibility look at this one:

RemoteTracker - Antitheft software

RTRegCreator - Create DLL to cook into ROM

popol256

Nov 18, 2005
For HD2 owner, if you have 2s to test, please download the last version (from sourceforge website), and click on the "?" icon on the main interface, then on the "Ring test" button.
You'll get a message stating why it failed, then post it here, so I can, at least understand the issue.

popol256

Nov 18, 2005
@sgh-i200, I've made a skin for such screen size. It's strange it's not selected by default.
Let me few days, I'll check this part. BTW, please send me a PM with your email so I can send you a test version.

skorzo

Apr 10, 2009
This is my problem:

When I select "Automatic Detection" on GPS tab then my Gps light (i have a TytnII) never blinks and latitude and longitude are never locked.

If i manually select any port (except for number 4) i get the same: Gps light never blinks and coordinates are not locked.

But when i select port number 4 (my gps port..) then light begins blinking BUT Dsmp says: No usable GPS found, using CellID

What happens? Thanks

Last edited:

popol256

Nov 18, 2005
I don't understand why it doesn't work for you. I'm using the official API to get GPS info (for automatic stuff)
I'm even parsing the GPS's NMEA sequence when you're setting a port manually.

Can you try open source GPS reading software (like mobile justice or remotetracker or opencellid client), to see if one of them works on your device so I can read their code and figure out what differ ?

Currently, I don't have too much time to work on DSMP, but I'll resume working by end of month.

skorzo

Apr 10, 2009
Thanks popol256, it could be great if you can work on checking this because I really like your app.

I've trying Mobile Justice and it works like a charm, it is so quick locking the GPS and sending the SMS.

(Mobile Justice does not allow deleting all the data, so that's why I like DSMP)

Regards.

popol256

Nov 18, 2005
@skorzo,

This is strange as it's almost the same code as MJ. In the attached archive, I've put the EXACT same code as MJ. Please extract the exe and save in your \windows folder (it should overwrite the existing version).
Try to choose "auto" in confdlg, as MJ only use "auto" mode. The confdlg should show the GPS pos once it's locked.
Let me know if it fixed it for you.

@SGH-i200,
I've looked in the current code, and there is a dialog for landscape mode too. I don't know how I can make a QVGA version, as there is no size specified in dialog at all.
I'll try to find out how to do so.

Attachments

• DSMP.zip
    33.4 KB · Views: 12

Owec

Mar 26, 2007
Kromeriz
problem GPS gpsGate GPS fix failed CellID:[]

I have I mate 8502 with internal GPS. I must use gpsGate then I can use program with support gps (googlemaps). But I dont know what I must set in DSMP if I want recieve GPS position over SMS. I tested send SMS command "pos", when phone recieved sms, LED diod was still green ( orange signalized GPS active ) . Why google maps start GPS reciver in my phone and DSMP not?

SGH-i200

Aug 31, 2009
Sony Xperia XZ1
Google Pixel 2
DSMP - QVGA-friendly edition

I just installed DSMP on my i200 WM Standard (non-touch) device.

The problem is that this device has an QVGA resolution (320x240). That cuts the part of the dialog with the password box. There is a scrollbar but I can't use it...

Maybe you can build a QVGA-friendly edition?

I build that edition by myself! :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSMP_QVGA_SP.zip
    37.9 KB · Views: 6
  • dsmp_qvga_sgh-i200.jpg
    dsmp_qvga_sgh-i200.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 180

screamor

Mar 13, 2009
Great work ...

Hi.

First i want to say thank for developing such great program. It works for me.

But a instruction will be useful to install it quietly and automatically from the SD card after a hard reset, with the configuration first made when setting up. I think this will be protection enough in my case. So if the "thief" iss smart enough to reset it, it will go on working. and until he knows whats happening you have what you need. The commands pos and whereRU are enough to find that badboy:cool:

so long thanks alot 4 this great software.