[ROM] IncDoes MIUI - "Complete UI Overhaul" [v0.4] Oct-6th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jasek78

Jul 28, 2010
FT Gordon
Hello all. I'm not a noob, but haven't posted much. I was wanting to try this ROM so I updated my radio, and was updating the hboot and it is now stuck in HBOOT. What can I do to get out of this? can I flash an older HBOOT? I don't know if there was a problem with the download of the HBOOT at the beginning of this thread, but I am hosed. I have a lot of experience in flashing ROMS, etc. and I'm a linux developer with about 20 years experience, so I'm not wet-behind-the-ears here. Someone please help me out, my baby is crippled!!!!

Thanks

Rob
had the same problem when i flashed mine, if i remember right when in recover, since you are gonna flash a new rom anyhow you can... mount usb mas storage from recovery, then pull the PB31 off your sd card and put the new rom on there, then you want to wipe data and factory reset, install the rom from zip and then reboot and you should be fine :)

Fretless

Jul 22, 2010
Tennessee
Love the rom, but heres some things i found:

Phone audio only works with speaker phone selected

The phone application (dialer) is horrible, with no easy link to contacts, no favorites bar. If you could put in the stock phone app that would be amazing, even an apk.

Love the icons. Using launcher pro makes this very usable, but the UI on its own is decent. After 2 days with two incdoes roms, im back to virtuous for a while.

This could turn into something really great.

shortbushemi

Oct 22, 2007
Correction the are aosp roms
Froyo vanilla if im right are ones with some of sense still peiced in

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App
vanilla is aosp
a rom without sense is usually referred to as senseless.

but people have been calling sense removed roms as vanilla cause its more like vanilla with sense. still not true vanilla.

khukman

Jun 5, 2009
Tampa, FL
Back on my feet (Whew)

Thanks for talking me through that, this is the first time that I have ever gotten into a funky state like that. I'm SOO thankful for this forum. How boring would life be with a stock phone and no toys to play with? Thanks a million!!! (BTW, the ROM is now installed and working!)

Rob

necosino

Feb 19, 2009
Phone audio only works with speaker phone selected

Mine is working fine? I did a full wipe and installed this ROM fresh.

The phone application (dialer) is horrible, with no easy link to contacts, no favorites bar. If you could put in the stock phone app that would be amazing, even an apk.

Drop down the dialer and there is a contacts button in the bottom-right.

If you hit menu there are a bunch of chinese option menus, not sure what they do. :)

Nazgul07

Oct 16, 2009
Thanks for talking me through that, this is the first time that I have ever gotten into a funky state like that. I'm SOO thankful for this forum. How boring would life be with a stock phone and no toys to play with? Thanks a million!!! (BTW, the ROM is now installed and working!)

Rob

What happened to you happened to me about 3 hours ago.... I was freaking out thinking I had a brick lol. ... I flashed hboot .92 and got stuck in hboot and recovery but the rom wouldn't load, so I adb pushed the newest radio hoping that would help, but nope.... finally just pushed the ROM to my dinc and wiped/installed.

Not once did I think to ask for help... lol I guess I could have really *ucked up my phone.

Anyway, the rom is running beautifully! I'll be using this rom as my main for a long time. Hopefully it will just keep getting better! Thanks ID!

Jaughknee

Jul 28, 2010
I've got this rom installed and yes its a great UI really cool and different. My main problem I'm having is fc's of the google services framework when launching google talk. This prevents talk from launching at all. I've cleared data for the talk app and for the google services framework as people have suggested this for other problems. No luck. Any ideas?

Sent from my Incredible using XDA App

Status
Not open for further replies.