Steps to change your 1st Boot Splash Screen

Search This thread

vyap

Oct 20, 2006
How to flash your device for changing splash screen won't hard-reset your device. But you should still make a backup .

i. Create the wallpaper 480x640
Advice : when the Raphael starts, you can see 3 red lines (R, G, D number versions) : the 100 low pixel are black, whatever your wallpaper... that's why, I suppose, every splash screen I saw are always black
And you should take care of that (just use the 540 high pixel, and leave the 100 low black)

ii. If not already done, convert the image to a .bmp (just use paint and save as a 24 bit bmp)

iii. Run rsbbmp.exe, the RSB<->BMP converter, to convert your .bmp to a .rsb
Just clic on "Add files", select your .bmp files, and then, "convert all"
This will create a .rsb file in the same folder as your .bmp file

iv. Run Splash-RSB Converter.exe, the RSB<->NB converter.
Choose the VGA option. This will create a .nb file in the same folder as your .rsb file

v. run NBHutil.exe, the NB<->NBH converter (the NBHUtil.xml file have to be in the same folder as NBHUtil.exe).
On first tab "Build NBH", in the "Target Device" list, choose "Raphael" (at the end of the list).
Then, on the right on the windows, you'll have the "NBH Items". Clic on the "..." button of splash item. An "Open" windows pops up : select the .nb file that you just created. Finally, clic on button "Build NBH!"
This will create a .nbh file (in the location that you choose).

vi. Copy/paste this file in the same folder as RaphaelCustomRUU.exe, run it & follow instructions as usual for a flash of your Raphael.

vii. Enjoy

Attachments

• NBHUtil.zip
    74.3 KB · Views: 5,142
  • RaphaelCustomRUU.zip
    580.4 KB · Views: 6,333
Last edited:

vyap

Oct 20, 2006
Splash

Diamond splash tools, able to convert to nbh but when when u flash to Touch Pro, promth message " wrong device ID"

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
I want to backup my current splash first just in case something happens and I need to bring it back again (t-mobile). Anybody has one already or has procedures in extracting the splash from your ROM?

tamAyT

Feb 2, 2007
Yes, thank you for reminding me ;) but I've flashed some rom and now have an AT&T bootsplash :p