on same rom since '12. help me update software to '14

Search This thread

suicidedoordavid

Dec 8, 2010
Can someone give me some guidance on which direction I should take here? I've been rooted (did it myself) for over 2 years and using the same Rom since late 2012.. since then I haven't been updating any because I liked the ROM. Lately the phone has been bugging a bit and I feel I need to update everything.

Attached are pics of my setups and where this phone software stands. I attempted obtaining Soff via a few different methods 5 months ago but something failed in each attempt, so I gave up and reverted back to the same Rom where I had stability.
I've been reading about different methods of updating my radios and applying a new Rom, but with so much different information out here, I've gotten confused quite easily.
Should I unroot and go back to stock to get a clean slate? And if so, what's the most up to date unroot method? Last one I saw was 2012 version.

Can someone show me the steps I need to take to avoid bricking my phone to get the latest software? I read about sense 5 a bit and that looks interesting. I also read the thread recently about the guy that purchased a used EVO LTE and his experiences. I don't know if his experience applies to my situation since his Rom looks to be newer than mine.

All help and pointers are appreciated.

suicidedoordavid

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I'll look at sense 5 and see if that's the way I want to go. I first need to get soff before doing anything.

Esteban234

Jun 4, 2014
help flashing new firmware

I need help flashing the new firmware+recovery on hboot. Can someone explain how to flash the zip using hboot for me .

G

GuestK0087

I need help flashing the new firmware+recovery on hboot. Can someone explain how to flash the zip using hboot for me .

All of the information you need is available by searching for it. Please search and read before asking for help. Also, remember, Google is your friend. Thanks. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Esteban234

Jun 4, 2014
All of the information you need is available by searching for it. Please search and read before asking for help. Also, remember, Google is your friend. Thanks. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sorry I'm new... But I tried searching maybe I'm wording it wrong . Also if you wouldn't mind telling me if opening a cmd promt on windows while phone is in fastboot usb and typing "Fastboot flash zip" is the right way of flashing it the firmware w/recovery from captain throwbacks forum.Thanks in advance!

Last edited: