Which Emulators with Controller?

Search This thread

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
For Mame Which is the best that works with firetv? Is this a good one? MAME4droid(0139)-1.6.1-MULTI.apk. Any other recommendations?
Also is there one for Sega Master System? brings up memories from the old days. :fingers-crossed:

ThatsMajor

Oct 13, 2009
For Mame Which is the best that works with firetv? Is this a good one? MAME4droid(0139)-1.6.1-MULTI.apk. Any other recommendations?
Also is there one for Sega Master System? brings up memories from the old days. :fingers-crossed:

RetroArch has been pretty good so far, although I experience issues with key mapping

Gahar

Apr 30, 2014
Bridgeport
I use a Bluetooth Red Samurai gaming controller i picked up from GameStop for $15 for all Android games and Android emulator. No problem and in the back of the controller you have the option of switching from Keypad to Game pad mode.

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
If you are rooted, try installing the stock 4.2 settings.apk and pairing from the bluetooth category there. That's what I had to do to get my bluetooth keyboard to pair.

I would very much like to know where i can find this stock 4.2 settings.apk? And why the firetv needs to be rooted? (Mine is btw)

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
I've repurchased the amazon's controller and it works very well. I'm glad I got the controller that works. RetroArc works very well as well. Back to my old days of wonder boy :)

martian21

Sep 12, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Two Controllers?

Has anyone been able to get two controllers connector for two player games? Would love to be able to play some old school ROMs with my son.

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
Has anyone been able to get two controllers connector for two player games? Would love to be able to play some old school ROMs with my son.

Yes Retroarch version with mame 2014 rom and two firetv amazon original controller works well. I made a custom build and signed the apk with one click signer. here is the link. I've tested it with double dragon.. I couldn't get two players to work with the official mame4droid.

Works very smooth except when too much screen draw happens. I hope they made a quad core retroarch version. its so close. what game are you looking to play?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzSAltRGg2Raa0lIR193eTV3TEk/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

martian21

Sep 12, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Yes Retroarch version with mame 2014 rom and two firetv amazon original controller works well. I made a custom build and signed the apk with one click signer. here is the link. I've tested it with double dragon.. I couldn't get two players to work with the official mame4droid.

Works very smooth except when too much screen draw happens. I hope they made a quad core retroarch version. its so close. what game are you looking to play?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzSAltRGg2Raa0lIR193eTV3TEk/view?usp=sharing

Thanks! I don't have any controllers yet but was thinking of picking up a couple so I could re-live my NES glory days. Would be great to be able to multiplayer. Contra comes to mind.

navigates

Jun 28, 2014
Yeah thats nice. Contra surely was a nice one. I can't think of any two players. I'll get contra tonight and give it a try. any other suggestions?
My old ones are sega master system with transbot and captain silver. with pico. works very well except the stick dose not work and have to use the arrow keys.

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
Retroarch doesnt seem to work on the Fire TV Stick. Creashes when loading anything or going into settings. Anyone care to confirm?

retroben

May 19, 2014
Fultondale
Which version?
The 1.0.0.2 version works fine,but the later builds still have botched control mapping and some cores refuse to work.
If you have root and know what you are doing,you can install the latest version of retroarch and copy the cores and get back 1.0.0.2 to paste them into it for access to things like Yabause.

Takenover83

Nov 6, 2009
Which version?
The 1.0.0.2 version works fine,but the later builds still have botched control mapping and some cores refuse to work.
If you have root and know what you are doing,you can install the latest version of retroarch and copy the cores and get back 1.0.0.2 to paste them into it for access to things like Yabause.
Pretty much no one has root on the Fire Tv Stick. I tried version "RetroArch-armv7-v1.0.0.2-r34.apk".