[ROM] I747UCUFNE4_AT&T 4.4.2 Stock ROM & System Dump

Search This thread

stslimited84

Dec 13, 2014
If you are still on CM12, yes flash this ROM. I would not try more than once more before going all of the way back to a stock recovery. Enewman17 posted a download link for a stock recovery in this thread. That is a thread on updating to NJ1 (unecessary for you) but I believe in the pages it states that the recovery is the same as for NE4 - check and be certain.

Better yet might be to post in a new Q&A thread and see if anyone else agrees or disagrees about going all of the way back to stock recovery. I would not want to lead you into wasting your attempts and put you in the spot of being unable to unlock. If you do start your own post, feel free to summarize all of the above however you want.

Flashed the rom and it seem to go through fine. I get the stock boot loading screen with the att sound (3 beeps) and the att globe but it stays stuck on this loading screen. Not sure what the problem is.

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Flashed the rom and it seem to go through fine. I get the stock boot loading screen with the att sound (3 beeps) and the att globe but it stays stuck on this loading screen. Not sure what the problem is.

Got your pm btw... try this out. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001611561 flash this ne4 restore. I think I should update the op with this restore... either way if you have the unlock code from the carrier it should work just fine on any stock tw Rom.

stslimited84

Dec 13, 2014
Last edited:

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks for your reply. To clarify, flash the above file in twrp and that should rectify it or flash that then another file?

Yeah just flash with twrp, and it will restore the system, boot and recovery... Btw you'll need to Odin recovery again once you unlock and your ready to flash a new Rom or restore your backup. The restore I just linked is completely stock, no root... nothing so if it doesn't work to unlock I'm afraid I don't know what to do.

stslimited84

Dec 13, 2014
Yeah just flash with twrp, and it will restore the system, boot and recovery... Btw you'll need to Odin recovery again once you unlock and your ready to flash a new Rom or restore your backup. The restore I just linked is completely stock, no root... nothing so if it doesn't work to unlock I'm afraid I don't know what to do.

Just flashed the file and having the same issue as before where the phone hangs on the screen with the att globe after the att sound plays and now no twrp :(

**Edit - accessed stock recovery and formatted user data after the flash. Currently running initial setup :)

Unlock code was accepted

Last edited:
Reactions: radoo7701

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Just flashed the file and having the same issue as before where the phone hangs on the screen with the att globe after the att sound plays and now no twrp :(

**Edit - accessed stock recovery and formatted user data after the flash. Currently running initial setup :)

Unlock code was accepted

Awesome!
Far as your pm about Odin... here are the links for the tar images for twrp http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/d2att
link for odin http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1722686 install on your pc
link for supersu http://download.chainfire.eu/696/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip

Transfer the super su zip to your sdcard.

Open Odin

The op of the link you'll see a screen shot of odin. in the top left box when you phone is connected it will say something like COM3
in the right hand side you see a list of buttons Bootloader, PDA, Phone, CSC. Check the box next to PDA and then press the PDA button and load the twrp.tar file into that slot. press flash and wait till it's done.

Now the phone will reboot when it's done... BE READY! once the phone starts to reboot you need to hold the POWER, HOME, and Volume UP to enter recovery, flash the super su zip. Now your ready to go.

n_alvarez2007

Oct 31, 2012
www.youtube.com
Need working debrick img for old I747

My S3 bricked using the original files posted in this thread. It rendered my S3 completely useless and I was forced to use and older phone to tie me over until my contract was up. I really miss Android and wanted to play with my S3 again. However, it is still bricked since, at the time, I never found a working solution.

Could someone link me to a working debrick for the i747 without the need for a JTAG? I flashed the Kitkat modem that bricked a lot of people's S3 models. Any links or helpful guides would be appreciated.

radoo7701

I was having the same issue on my in-law's S3. This worked for me. Also since it was on NJ1 modem/bootloader I had to flash the NJ1 update in the stock recovery to get Wi-Fi working again.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
I have stock rooted 4.1.1 with TWRP can i just download zip in OP+Kernel and flash and be on 4.4.2?

Thanks

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
I have stock rooted 4.1.1 with TWRP can i just download zip in OP+Kernel and flash and be on 4.4.2?

No, you have to update incrementally, also you need to have the i747U & not i747M, what does your baseband say in settings, about phone?

I would just recommend unrooting your phone and download the 4.4.2 ota

Before you do anything you may wish to consider, if your phone is not carrier unlocked, using the free method to take care of this: How to unlock your I747 (AT&T Galaxy S3)firmware 4.1.2 (FIRMWARE DOWNGRADE INVOLVED!) You would not be downgrading since you are on 4.1.1. This unlock could never hurt, and survives upgrades.

If you are wanting to update to KitKat it will take several steps to get there. As @canodroid15 suggested you will need to go incrementally. The simplest way may well be as chitown835 recommends, unrooting and then taking each OTA in turn. I'm not sure, but you may also find you need to return to a stock recovery to receive the OTA updates. This will step you from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 to 4.3, at which time you could then flash then ROM followed by the ktoonsez kernel. Or you simply take the next OTA to 4.4.2. Generally you are forced to wait a day between each OTA. This waiting period can be shortcutted by changing your system time/date after each OTA.

If you do not wish to unroot or remove TWRP to go through each OTA you will still need to update the bootloader and modem incrementally. Use caution, the bootloaders and modems are not the same for the i747 (AT&T) and the i747M (Canadian and Mexican variants). IF you are on the i747 go through each step. If you are on the i747M I would suggest doing the same, though it may not be required until you reach 4.3. To reduce chances of problems update the bootloader and modem together, keep them at the same version. Once you are at 4.3 you could do as you asked: flash the ROM and then the kernel.
Prerequisites include a minimum of a 4.3 bootloader and modem. If you are not on the official 4.4.2 bootloaders and modem then you will need to flash ktoonsez kernel. http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1756776
Check the first post of the thread. It states that you must be on at least the 4.3 (MJB on the i747, or MK5 for the i747M) before flashing this zip. If this is the route you take, be sure you do not get the stock image dump from the first post, it includes the bootloader and modem, your day would be ruined if you are on the i747M.

youssefkr

Feb 17, 2014
hello all , I followed this tutorial successfully and flashed 4.4.2 with no problem whatsoever . Today I tried some lollipop custom rom and decided to go back to this rom , so I flashed the zip file with TWRP but I always get this error :
installing busybox
set-perm : some changes failed
E: error executing updater binary in zip
error flashing zip
Can someone please help me , I am stuck here

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
No, you have to update incrementally, also you need to have the i747U & not i747M, what does your baseband say in settings, about phone?

Sent from my OctOS d2att
Beware "The Kraken"

I would just recommend unrooting your phone and download the 4.4.2 ota

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

Before you do anything you may wish to consider, if your phone is not carrier unlocked, using the free method to take care of this: How to unlock your I747 (AT&T Galaxy S3)firmware 4.1.2 (FIRMWARE DOWNGRADE INVOLVED!) You would not be downgrading since you are on 4.1.1. This unlock could never hurt, and survives upgrades.

If you are wanting to update to KitKat it will take several steps to get there. As @canodroid15 suggested you will need to go incrementally. The simplest way may well be as chitown835 recommends, unrooting and then taking each OTA in turn. I'm not sure, but you may also find you need to return to a stock recovery to receive the OTA updates. This will step you from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 to 4.3, at which time you could then flash then ROM followed by the ktoonsez kernel. Or you simply take the next OTA to 4.4.2. Generally you are forced to wait a day between each OTA. This waiting period can be shortcutted by changing your system time/date after each OTA.

If you do not wish to unroot or remove TWRP to go through each OTA you will still need to update the bootloader and modem incrementally. Use caution, the bootloaders and modems are not the same for the i747 (AT&T) and the i747M (Canadian and Mexican variants). IF you are on the i747 go through each step. If you are on the i747M I would suggest doing the same, though it may not be required until you reach 4.3. To reduce chances of problems update the bootloader and modem together, keep them at the same version. Once you are at 4.3 you could do as you asked: flash the ROM and then the kernel.

Check the first post of the thread. It states that you must be on at least the 4.3 (MJB on the i747, or MK5 for the i747M) before flashing this zip. If this is the route you take, be sure you do not get the stock image dump from the first post, it includes the bootloader and modem, your day would be ruined if you are on the i747M.

Thanks.

I installed all the ota and updated one by one, and than rooted, installed TWRP and flashed this rom.

Reactions: canodroid15

dyangster

Mar 8, 2014
I'm trying this upgrade on my T-mobile T999 (galaxy s3). I have a few rookie questions that hopefully can be answered. I assume I cannot use Odin to do the flash/upgrade and I have to boot into recovery mode to complete this upgrade.

Can I make 3 new folders (rom, kernel, modem) that contains the *.zip files in them on the SD card and try to install each one by one, in that order? Is this how I should do it?

Thanks for any help in advance.

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
I'm trying this upgrade on my T-mobile T999 (galaxy s3). I have a few rookie questions that hopefully can be answered. I assume I cannot use Odin to do the flash/upgrade and I have to boot into recovery mode to complete this upgrade.

Can I make 3 new folders (rom, kernel, modem) that contains the *.zip files in them on the SD card and try to install each one by one, in that order? Is this how I should do it?

Thanks for any help in advance.

You are correct, you would flash these from a custom recovery, not with Odin.
Making separate folders to store each, or storing all of them in the same folder will depend on what your recovery supports. I have seen some instructions advise putting the zip files in the root folder of your device. Most recent recoveries should support the multi-folders option, even if they are on the external sdcard.

CAUTION: Make sure you use a modem for your device. Do not use one for the i747. Likewise, if you are using a 4.3 bootloader instead of 4.4.2 firmware, make sure you use a custom kernel for your device. Does ktoonsez's kernels also support the T999?

dyangster

Mar 8, 2014
According to some folks, there are some rom, kernel, and modem combo listed in OP that will work for this T999. Can I use the Samsung recovery (home+ power+up) on the phone or do I need to find some "custom" recovery? Do I need to flash in any particular order?

dawgdoc

Nov 27, 2013
According to some folks, there are some rom, kernel, and modem combo listed in OP that will work for this T999. Can I use the Samsung recovery (home+ power+up) on the phone or do I need to find some "custom" recovery? Do I need to flash in any particular order?

It's been a long while since I looked at the thread for Ktoonsez' kernel, so I did so just now by following the link in the OP of this thread. Ktoonsez JellyBean kernel does support the TMO SGS3. Therefore you are good with using it if you are on a Jellybean bootloader. You do not need a custom kernel if you are on a KitKat, 4.4.x, kernel.

Samsung's recovery will not flash the files, you will need a custom recovery such as TWRP, Philz, or CWM. Use one designed for the T999 unless you find where an i747 recovery specifically states that it can be used on the T999. Bear in mind that there are more than varieties of the T999. You may need to use Odin to flash the custom recovery of your choice.

What bootloader and modem are you on currently? (version# and code: 4.3/MJB for the i747 is Jellybean and would require a custom kernel. 4.4.2/NE4 is KitKat and would not require the custom kernel) If you are in doubt about your current bootloader and modem, post back before flashing anything. If you need the modem; flash bootloader and modem (prerequisite), then rom (step 2 of OP), then kernel (step 3 of OP). Otherwise, if you are on KitKat firmware, only flash the rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I747UCUFNE4_AT&T 4.4.2

This project is abandoned by the developer

This is a completely stock rom, nothing has been removed.
    Only changes include.
    • Root
    • Busybox
    • Permissions for ext. sdcard added for all apps.

Prerequisites include a minimum of a 4.3 bootloader and modem.
    If you are not on the official 4.4.2 bootloaders and modem then you will need to flash ktoonsez kernel. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756776

Directions:
    1. Factory data reset
    2. Flash ROM
    3. If your still on 4.3 bootloader flash ktoonsez kernel immediately after the rom.
    4. Let phone boot up, go through start up etc...
    5. Open SuperSU, Let it disable Knox. If it gets stuck, press the home button and reboot the phone and try it again. It will work the 2nd time.
    6. Nothing else to see here.

Flash in custom recovery.

Stock DeOdex
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934549032

Stock Kernel, insecure, init.d, sdcard R/W, selinux permissive
    http://www.mediafire.com/?oooglrsrna0vony

I747UCUFNE4 debrick.img
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549813

PHP:
    I747UCUFNE4_4.4.2 system dump
    Zip contains: system.img, boot.img and NON-HLOS.bin
    Not flashable.
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549356
    By all means you are all welcome to use the entirety of this and everything I upload without permission. Enjoy!
    this ROM completely broke my phone. doesn't turn on in any way shape or form. 0/10 do not recommend.

Sent from my XT1028 using XDA Free mobile app

I dont understand ppl. U guys know what u r getting into when u root ur phone. And every dev says I take no responsibility if u brick. These guys put a ton of time into these roms. They also have jobs and families. Enewman17 and talkingmonkeys r probably still awake from yesterdays mess trying to fix it. I haven't jumped to the ne4 yet but I will soon and for that I say thank u. All of this goes for u to doc thank u:confused:
    Heres the deal folks. Stay on your 4.3 bootloader and modem you're on running this. Don't update with an ota or anything. No new modem or any of that. Not sure how it works with the stock kernel because I wasn't taking the chance with it not being insecure. So long as you're on mj2 or mjb with the mjb modem this will work. Or the i747m equivalents or NE6 should work too. I747 or i747m also because I used kt747 kernel and not stock which leaves some without wifi.

Also need to add that those of you already on either of the new updates can use this too.

Service and wifi work fine off mj2 bootloader and mjb modem for me. And heres my debloated 615 mb build with 4 way reboot native and a few build.prop and feature tweaks. Should tide you over until later today. Don't flash a stock kernel, bootloader or modem until we let you all know its safe.

I need to fix the symlinks in the updaterscript tonight too. To install make sure system isn't mounted before you flash. Someone else has said unmount cache too.

Debloated DL (615 mb): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549689

MD5: a32a89309cf5ef449e1377120eaf59f9
    Hey guys, I may have missed it while playing catch up, but if not, this will help those who have bricked and need the 4.4.2 KK debrick.img.

Someone who has FULLY updated to the new build NE4 needs to flash the linked file via custom recovery. This will create a new debrick.img on your sdcard that you can then upload to help rescue the dead devices here. If the new debrick.img has already been found, disregard this.

T999_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_Debrick.zip

I know it says T999 in the file name, but it should work for the I747 just the same.

Hope it helps!
    Samsung-sgh-i747_i747ucufne4 dump

This is my personal DUMP of SAMSUNG-SGH-I747_I747UCUFNE4
    Included is:

aboot.mbn
    boot.img
    modem.bin
    recovery.img
    rpm.mbn
    sbl1.mbn
    sbl2.mbn
    sbl3.mbn
    system.img.ext4
    tz.mbn

All packed in an Odin Restore TAR.

LINK: DOWNLOAD
    MD5: 058604FA65CA746DA2DADBBE61FBA975
    Just an alternative. MODs please delete if its out of place!

LJ