[Q] USB charges off PC, but doesn't connect in mass storage mode

Search This thread

shrinath_m2

Jan 23, 2012
So this seems to be the same problem lot of people are facing and solving it by various means... Here is a list of things I have tried, but still not working -

1. connect to PC after selecting "connect to pc" in settings > more > usb connection
2. revert to stock rom and stock kernel using mobile odin and try to do (1)
3. restore nandroid from 2 months ago when it was working
4. cleaning with qtip (dry)
5. tried usb switcher app
6. tried newest jb 4.1.2 from eyebee's thread.

Any thing that I left out other than service center?

cadcat

Account currently disabled
Sep 9, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Usb Fix

I fixed two other Notes and a SII by this simple method:
Look into the microusb connector on your phone, and see if the pin in the middle is centered. If not, bend it straight (Carefully!).
Yes, I know it sounds stupid, but it seems people just slam the usb connector into the slot, bending it down... This causes the phone to charge but not to see the usb connection.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: shrinath_m2

shrinath_m2

Jan 23, 2012
Look into the microusb connector on your phone, and see if the pin in the middle is centered. If not, bend it straight (Carefully!).
Yes, I know it sounds stupid, but it seems people just slam the usb connector into the slot, bending it down... This causes the phone to charge but not to see the usb connection.
Hope this helps.

Checked... Its straight, but its placed at 2/3rd towards bottom - Not bent, but is placement itself is at 2/3rds..
Tried to bend it towards top, didn't workout...
What next?

R@J$3K#@R

Nov 27, 2011
Melbourne
If you were rooted and have cwm,then go to cwm and select mount and storage<mount usb storage and connect it to your pc

shrinath_m2

Jan 23, 2012
If you were rooted and have cwm,then go to cwm and select mount and storage<mount usb storage and connect it to your pc

Hmm.. Something new you taught me, but didn't work.. Am I supposed to go "into" that mount usb storage screen and connect after I am in that "if you leave this page, we'll unmount" screen or before entering that screen?

Edit -

Never mind, tried both, both failed to work. I assume if it was working, I would have heard a beep from my laptop at least.. It didn't find any new device in both cases.

Last edited:

mistajoe83

Apr 16, 2012
Perak
try using new cable. or borrow your friend's cable see if its working. its the basic to check thing but many forgotten.

mistajoe83

Apr 16, 2012
Perak
you installed stock rom.. but didnt work..... so then it is not the firmware
you tried diff cable....but didnt work.. so then it is not the cable.

so then it must be your phone..
can it connect to mtp?

tool46x

Jul 19, 2008
this may sound funny but it worked for me. take out the battery and the sd card. leave it out for a couple minutes. then reboot

shrinath_m2

Jan 23, 2012
this may sound funny but it worked for me. take out the battery and the sd card. leave it out for a couple minutes. then reboot

Didn't work :( Left battery out for more than 2 minutes. Did you have to press power button when battery is out? Anything else at all?

you installed stock rom.. but didnt work..... so then it is not the firmware
you tried diff cable....but didnt work.. so then it is not the cable.

so then it must be your phone..
can it connect to mtp?

No MTP, no Mass storage :(
Only charging or hanging it by the micro usb cable, thats all :p :(

azzledazzle

Dec 12, 2010
XDA Sucks !
What happens when you connect charger to the mains ? If you go to Settings > Battery does it say Charging (AC) or Charging (USB) ?

Ive been having similar issues, But i just thought it was my cable, So ive ordered a new one, Cant confirm yet as I havent received it !

shrinath_m2

Jan 23, 2012
try using PC odin to flash a new ICS / GB rom and test
You serious? How do I connect to PC odin if usb is not detected? I can flash using mobile odin, I tried flashing Indian ICS - LR9, flashed Indian CSC, stock kernel too.. Nothing connects.

What happens when you connect charger to the mains ? If you go to Settings > Battery does it say Charging (AC) or Charging (USB) ?

Ive been having similar issues, But i just thought it was my cable, So ive ordered a new one, Cant confirm yet as I havent received it !

You might be on to something here - It says Charging (USB) even if connected to wall socket! Should it say (AC)? :eek:

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
You serious? How do I connect to PC odin if usb is not detected? I can flash using mobile odin, I tried flashing Indian ICS - LR9, flashed Indian CSC, stock kernel too.. Nothing connects.

You might be on to something here - It says Charging (USB) even if connected to wall socket! Should it say (AC)? :eek:

yes I am. even though the phone when normally booted won't be recognized by pc, but when in download mode, it usually does as I have had the same problem but that happens to me since I enabled the mass storage mode and then neither worked. mtp or mass storage.

when connected to charger, it shows ac and when connected to pc it shows usb

shrinath_m2

Jan 23, 2012
yes I am. even though the phone when normally booted won't be recognized by pc, but when in download mode, it usually does as I have had the same problem but that happens to me since I enabled the mass storage mode and then neither worked. mtp or mass storage.

when connected to charger, it shows ac and when connected to pc it shows usb

Hmmm... seems like I am out of luck here. It goes into download mode, when connected to pc, no ding in pc or no yellow box in Odin... :(

And yeah, wall socket says charging from usb!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

shrinath_m2

Jan 23, 2012
Gave to samsung service center today. Dumb fellows, they replaced USB connector in device, (thats what they said) but still its not connecting to PC. They didn't even flash a firmware. Just replaced connector and gave it back :(

nsarjien

Jul 6, 2012
istanbul
shrinath_m2

I have the same problem here with my n7000.

Its happened after flashing ics roms. N7000's have some kind of faulty chips which causes emmc brick bug. But the issue we're having is a USB Brick.

Flashed many kernels & roms etc. but still no signs of life :crying:

Different cables & pcs, no luck..

As we are able to use mobile odin only, i flashed stock GB and sent for warranty. I always avoided to trigger binary counter so it was easy for me.

However, results were disappointing. Technician guy said that usb port is working and there is connection between both devices but something blocks usb connection. There were some unremovable files which shouldnt be there and they couldnt delete it as the section was read only accessible.

ADB isnt functioning too..

I guess the only possible way is to find a tech guy capable of replacing emmc to solve the issue from source..

Please let me know if there are any updates from your side.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Usb Fix

Hope this helps.