Search This thread

Skwerl23

Aug 10, 2011
There was word that Samsung will release touchwiz 5.0 for t0lte

Sent from my GN2 using XDA app.

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
I don't think anything works yet. Just go to the thread and see.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I'll post new build this evening most probably.
Gps still isn't working, and for some people there are issues with 3g. 2g and lte are fine though.
Using this as daily driver since Friday now.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk

Goatblaster

Aug 14, 2010
Gatineau
I noticed CM12 popped up today as available. I didn't really need to back up anything, so I said screw it and downloaded and flashedit over CM11 (I keep my install pretty clean). It got stuck at boot screen with the cid guy. I though ah well, it failed, I'll have to wipe and start from scratch.

So I wiped everything in TWRP, and I mean everything - internal storage, data, system, caches, etc...etc.. Tried to install again. Waited 20 minutes, still stuck at cid boot animation.

Ok so ROM is borked I'm thinking. It is the first CM12 for t0lte.

So I download TWRP 2.8.4.0, the latest, and try again. Nope. I download the latest CM11 build from 2 nights ago (which was previously on the phone, I updated all the time), and now even THAT won't boot! Complete and total wipe in TWRP, CM11 that I know works because it was on it before, and it won't boot past animation. ...errr...

I'm heading out for a few hours now so I'm going to leave it try to boot plugged in, see if it eventually comes up. 30+ minutes a few times though and no boot isn't promising. I'm also downloading the stock rom from samfirmwares and odin to flash completely back to stock if I have to, see if I can get it to at least boot from there.

Anyone else have this problem? I'm not too concerned, I know it's first day, just kind of didn't except something to go so wrong with my flashing that I can't even properly revert to CM11 after a complete and total system/cache/data/internal wipe.

Back in a few hours, hopefully phone comes back to life, lol.

Goatblaster

Aug 14, 2010
Gatineau
Update - Ok so I think I figured it out. I don't think it liked me flashing with TWRP 2.8.2.0 initially, or just didn't like that I flashed on top of CM11, whatever reason. But after I upgraded to 2.8.4.0, it didn't like using that TWRP at all to flash this CM12. I reverted to stock and it was fine, then tried changing the recovery - it would flash it successfully but then....no recovery. I go into recovery and it was just a black screen. Device would still boot up into android fine though.

So I reverted to the latest officially released TWRP on the TWRP site which is 2.8.0.1 and flashed again. This time, no problem with recovery AND no problem flashing CM12. Anyway, thought I'd share in case someone else ran into this.

Now to hunt down proper GAPPS ;)

Reactions: z28tovette

dirtsky

Been running the 1/22 nightly and I have a high battery drain from android system. I'm having a hard time trying to track down exactly what process is really draining the battery.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422023198836.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1422023198836.png
    119 KB · Views: 103

Goatblaster

Aug 14, 2010
Gatineau
Been running the 1/22 nightly and I have a high battery drain from android system. I'm having a hard time trying to track down exactly what process is really draining the battery.

I've run 21, 22 and 23 now today. I had some high battery drain but the following solved it for me. Disabled all haptic feedback (settings -> sound & notification -> other sounds -> basically toggled everything off. Also, the big drain was from settings -> location -> google location reporting -> turn off location reporting and location history.

Hope this helps.

Everything is working perfectly for me, except, as I've read many people are having, it can take a while and have trouble actually getting a data connection on 3G/LTE. Other phones / builds etc having this issue (e.g. - https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/problems-with-the-new-modem-included-in-cm12.239097/). Should resolve itself over time. I still can make calls and txt and such, but data has been a bit flakey. Sometimes toggling airplane mode and data service off and on helps a little, but it's hit / miss.

edit - oh, I also use the privacy guard to prevent facebook from accessing my location. :p

dirtsky

I've run 21, 22 and 23 now today. I had some high battery drain but the following solved it for me. Disabled all haptic feedback (settings -> sound & notification -> other sounds -> basically toggled everything off. Also, the big drain was from settings -> location -> google location reporting -> turn off location reporting and location history.

Hope this helps.

Everything is working perfectly for me, except, as I've read many people are having, it can take a while and have trouble actually getting a data connection on 3G/LTE. Other phones / builds etc having this issue (e.g. - https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/problems-with-the-new-modem-included-in-cm12.239097/). Should resolve itself over time. I still can make calls and txt and such, but data has been a bit flakey. Sometimes toggling airplane mode and data service off and on helps a little, but it's hit / miss.

edit - oh, I also use the privacy guard to prevent facebook from accessing my location. :p

Well I've went as far as what you said. I've also pretty much disabled all location based services from running in the background or atleast have it ask me for location services.

dartos5536

Dec 31, 2012
Anyone noticing chrome seems more glitchy with CM12? Other than that everything seems to be great. Runs smoother than cm11.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

Goatblaster

Aug 14, 2010
Gatineau
I didn't have an issue with Chrome, but yes I agree, everything was silky smooth and loved the new features. I had to revert to CM11 though as a daily driver as my data connection was flaking out pretty badly. Seems a common issue, depending on carrier / modem. Looks like when I went to a clean CM12, it's still using the kitkat modem since no newer modem exists for, well my carrier I guess? I'm with Bell. I was getting the occasional solid LTE connection, but the 3G / H+ was very intermittent - too much so that it was basically unreliable.

Good news is I hear samsung is going to make an official release of CM12 for Note 2, which should have a lollipop modem.

If anyone has a fix in the mean time, please let me know. I tried manually inputting APN settings (even though the automatic ones looked 100% correct), tried from a clean install of CM12, etc...

dartos5536

Dec 31, 2012
I didn't have an issue with Chrome, but yes I agree, everything was silky smooth and loved the new features. I had to revert to CM11 though as a daily driver as my data connection was flaking out pretty badly. Seems a common issue, depending on carrier / modem. Looks like when I went to a clean CM12, it's still using the kitkat modem since no newer modem exists for, well my carrier I guess? I'm with Bell. I was getting the occasional solid LTE connection, but the 3G / H+ was very intermittent - too much so that it was basically unreliable.

Good news is I hear samsung is going to make an official release of CM12 for Note 2, which should have a lollipop modem.

If anyone has a fix in the mean time, please let me know. I tried manually inputting APN settings (even though the automatic ones looked 100% correct), tried from a clean install of CM12, etc...

Wish I could help you. Service/data connection seems to be fine for me on AT&T. Are you saying samsung is teaming up with cyanogenmod?

Goatblaster

Aug 14, 2010
Gatineau
Wish I could help you. Service/data connection seems to be fine for me on AT&T. Are you saying samsung is teaming up with cyanogenmod?

I may try the NE5 AT&T modem instead, see if any luck there.

No, I mean that Samsung is coming out with an official lollipop release for the Note 2 - http://www.androidsilverprogram.com/2014/07/List-Of-Smartphones-Getting-Android-L-update.html , so it will be getting an official lollipop modem bundled with it

dartos5536

Dec 31, 2012
Anyone having problems with GPS on CM12 nightlies? I just tried today's (20150206) nightly and still having problems. Maps always loses the connection when trying to use GPS and isn't reliable at all, never had that problem. GPS is on high accuracy mode. Is there something I'm missing? Was thinking of wiping and flashing clean to see if that helped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2 (JB), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Official CyanogenMod Wik: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/T0lte_Info

First time installing CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy Note 2 LTE (GSM), or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM10.1 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1:
    - Copy CM10.1 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Reboot

Upgrading from CyanogenMod 10:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Copy GApps and CM10.1 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - Reboot
    - Wipe data of clock app
    - Reset everything under Settings -> Date & Time otherwise editing alarms might cause FCs

Downgrading to 4.1.x ROMs:
    - After flashing your 4.1 ROM, flash the attached file to move your sdcard content out of the 0/ subfolder.

CM10.1 official nightly builds:
    http://www.get.cm/?device=t0lteatt

Google Apps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#t0lteatt/cm10.1/next

TEAMHACKSUNG SUPPORT CHAT
    Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=teamhacksung-support

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

If you're going to reuse our work, which we're doing for free, be fair and give proper credits.
    This is the only payment we're really demanding and we deserve it to be mentioned because of the countless hours we've put into this project.
    Open-Source doesn't meant Out-of-Respect!!!

cqzsTl.png
    ciPQWl.png
    Smpv0l.png

o5NZFl.png
    eAJJIl.png

If you want to donate a few bucks for the work we're doing in our freetime, goto teamhacksung website and hit the big donate button.
    Thanks to all donators!
    Great friggin' news:

Yep, we did it again! Our opensource audio HAL seems to work almost fine.
    Incall earpiece, speaker, mic and bluetooth are working. A2dp works also.
    Since Google Now works properly i assume the Camcorder will be fine, too.
    Headset is working as well.

Download: cm-10.1-20130125-UNOFFICIAL-t0lte.zip
    Please test it.

Known bugs:
    - mic mute broken during calls

you got codeworkx and sbrissen to thank for kick starting this. :highfive::highfive:
    Members yet another Development Thread Cleaned of the OT/Drama/Not Needed type posts, shall we get back to development. And consider this your Warning any more of these not needed type posts, I will be passing out "treats", Thank You.

BTW how about Members attempt to fix their own problems with a little homework and searching. Instead of posting and waiting on others to come up with your solutions. Thanks
    Thanks, I just installed ForceKernel (OC TO 1,920Mhz) and then run some benchmarks and it's much slower than Perseus, I used to get in Perseus around 7,500 in Quadrant and now I get around 4,500 to 5,500, am I doing something wrong ?

NOTE: I am using SetCPU and the Governor is "pegasusq"

world is going to end because your ePenis has narrowed because of less score?
    that's damn hard.
    Please test if this fixes audio over bluetooth for you:
    cm-10.1-20130120-UNOFFICIAL-t0lte.zip