[Q] Easy fix for u guys, too complicated for me. PLEASE HELP, I'm here waiting 4 U

• Thread starter JustRootDontCustomRomIt
  • Start date
Search This thread
J

JustRootDontCustomRomIt

8 months ago I got my Sprint S4 i9505. I installed CyanogeMod when they released that "1-Click Root" app. So here I am today about 8 months of using cyanogenmod and I've went back to stock. I used Odin and installed the original stock firmware 4.2. Odin said everything was successful.

I'm trying to update to 4.4 KitKat then have it rooted but I have a problem. I'm on stock 4.2.2 right now but the Wi-Fi isn't turning on. "Prevention Information" is keeping it from turning on.

I don't know where to go from here because I have a feeling that something else is wrong. Maybe the "baseband" or "kernal" version is wrong? I have no idea and anything I do further will either mess things up further or brick it. Should I install KitKat using Odin and hope everything gets fixed?

I am a complete noob! I do not feel like going thru hours of research and understanding definitions in hopes of finding out my problem. I beg someone knowledgeable to get me out of this situation ASAP. I have paypal money, whatever it takes.

Last edited:
J

JustRootDontCustomRomIt

Here is my info: 4.2.2 - baseband L720PUAMF9 - Kernal 3.4.0-442222

J

JustRootDontCustomRomIt

Ripping my hair out kind of feeling...I absolutely hate dealing with this **** anymore. never again.

Please, help me out if you understand your way around this stuff.

Obagleyfreer

Jun 29, 2012
Wellington
Should I install KitKat using Odin and hope everything gets fixed?

Yes, yes you should.

Go to Sammobile.com and download latest 4.4 KitKat firmware.

Boot to your custom recovery and format system, Cache and Data.
Then POWER OFF your device.
Boot back up into download mode.
Flash 4.4 firmware with Odin (lots of info online to do this)
Once flashed boot into stock recovery and perform a factory reset.

You should be good to go.

P.S- don't bump threads more than once in 24 hours.

Last edited:
J

JustRootDontCustomRomIt

Yes, yes you should.

Go to Sammobile.com and download latest 4.4 KitKat firmware.

Boot to your custom recovery and format system, Cache and Data.
Then POWER OFF your device.
Boot back up into download mode.
Flash 4.4 firmware with Odin (lots of info online to do this)
Once flashed boot into custom recovery and perform a factory reset.

You should be good to go.

P.S- don't bump threads more than once in 24 hours.

hey, I love you man. Going to start this process right now.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
YEA. yes sir. I need kitkat. But I've been googling and there is no kitkat firmware download for the sprint i9505. whats going on?

1. Go to recovery Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons) and wipe data/factory reset (pic 1)
  2. Register/Sig in in this page: http://www.sammobile.com
  3. Download this FIRMWARE and extract (unzip) the firmware file
  4. Open Odin
  5. Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons. Volume up next)
  6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
  7. Add the firmware file to AP / PDA (only file named .tar or .md5)
  8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
  9. Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes (pic 2)

Attachments

• recovery-mode-galaxy-s4.jpg
    recovery-mode-galaxy-s4.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Fix-bricked-T-Mobile-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-SGH-T999-with-Odin-580x426.jpg
    Fix-bricked-T-Mobile-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-SGH-T999-with-Odin-580x426.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
J

JustRootDontCustomRomIt

1. Go to recovery Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Up buttons) and wipe data/factory reset (pic 1)
  2. Sig in in this page: http://www.sammobile.com
  3. Download this FIRMWARE and extract (unzip) the firmware file
  4. Open Odin
  5. Reboot phone in Download Mode (press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons. Volume up next)
  6. Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
  7. Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
  8. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
  9. Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes (pic 2)

I guess you have to be registered to find the sprint firmware. But hey I'm going to get to this and see if it goes smooth. Don't forget about me, It's gonna be a while until I download this firmware.i love you bro.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I guess you have to be registered to find the sprint firmware. But hey I'm going to get to this and see if it goes smooth. Don't forget about me, It's gonna be a while until I download this firmware.i love you bro.
When u will be logged in the webpage only click the link in the step 3 and it go directly, only u have to press DOWNLOAD button and wait :)

J

JustRootDontCustomRomIt

When u will be logged in the webpage only click the link in the step 3 and it go directly, only u have to press DOWNLOAD button and wait :)

50 mins to go....i might see u tommorrow because ill have to sleep in about 2 hrs. my friend, your help is an A+

J

JustRootDontCustomRomIt

We did it my friend!!! We're on KitKat! :highfive:

Okay, now. I just need to root the phone and that's it! :cowboy:

Do you think my baseband version is up to date for rooting? or my kernal version?

Baseband: L720VPUFNAE
Kernal: 3.4.0-481102 (jan 28

am i ready to root?

J

JustRootDontCustomRomIt

We did it my friend!!! We're on KitKat! :highfive:

Okay, now. I just need to root the phone and that's it! :cowboy:

Do you think my baseband version is up to date for rooting? or my kernal version?

Baseband: L720VPUFNAE
Kernal: 3.4.0-481102 (jan 28

am i ready to root?

Can I follow this guide? http://dottech.org/152151/how-to-ro...n-android-4-4-2-kitkat-sph-l720-sprint-guide/
His model is L720TVPUBNAF but mine is L720VPUFNAE...Can I still follow his guide?

J

JustRootDontCustomRomIt

I couldn't wait anymore and i did it. WE ARE ROOTED :highfive: and on KitKat.

I would just like to say that you can fool me once, but you wont fool me twice. Good ridance cyanogenmod and every other unofficial firmware. I will NEVER use unofficial firmware nor will I EVER recommend it.

I am JustRootDontCustomRomIt, and as my farewell to XDA (you're all great), Dont use unofficial Roms, Just Root. Peace.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I couldn't wait anymore and i did it. WE ARE ROOTED :highfive: and on KitKat.

I would just like to say that you can fool me once, but you wont fool me twice. Good ridance cyanogenmod and every other unofficial firmware. I will NEVER use unofficial firmware nor will I EVER recommend it.

I am JustRootDontCustomRomIt, and as my farewell to XDA (you're all great), Dont use unofficial Roms, Just Root. Peace.
Congratulations :)

Last edited: