Mind bottling issues.

Search This thread

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Guys I'm having serious issues with my phone suddenly. Random permissions issues, tons of random reboots. Media player errors. I took the logcat from my latest reboot and have attached it to this post.

It all started last night when I trouble shooting my unresponsive power button after boot. I booted into TWRP and ran "fix permissions", which tanked my root access and none of my xposed modules would work.

Since then I've formatted all my partitions and reinstalled everything. But still issues persist. Latest Carbon nightly, elementalx kernel. Any one willing to take a look will have my thanks.

Sent from Carbon'd N5

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
EDIT: Sorry I was on my phone when typing the post, I'm at a computer now and have attached it to this post.

Sent from Carbon'd N5

Attachments

• 2014-05-09-12-46-10.txt
    453.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

a logcat wont be very useful, considering we arent looking for anything in particular. a last_kmsg would be useful, if your phone randomly rebooted(run a last_kmsg after you boot up from a random reboot).

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

The logcat is not at the link

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

its a bad link, but if you take off the very end(ends with 4), then its a good link https://app.box.com/s/xcn40km66khli4dedzq4

Reactions: unsivil_audio

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Ok, so I've seemed to alleviate most of my issues by doing wipe, this time running a factory restore in between. Just experienced another random reboot though. Got the last kmsg though.

Attachments

• Lastkmsg.txt
    235.5 KB · Views: 3

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Ok, so I've seemed to alleviate most of my issues by doing wipe, this time running a factory restore in between. Just experienced another random reboot though. Got the last kmsg though.

are you using a dongle?

btw, you meant to title this thread mind boggling, not mind bottling. they both mean two completely differing things :)

simms22

Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Lol, it was a reference to "Blades of Glory".

No, I'm not using a dongle by the way.

ah, i see, was making me smile anyways :)

your reboot was caused by a kernel panic. kernel panics can be caused by just about anything. luckily, the reason for the kernel panic is listed right by where it happened. what caused it i have no idea. it is probably rom, kernel, or app caused. oh, the reason i asked if you use a dongle, because it lists a dongle driver not long before the error.

[ 8024.798704] D-cache data parity error

[ 8024.798740] D-side CESYNR = 0x00002582

[ 8024.798802] Kernel panic - not syncing: L1 nonrecoverable cache error detected

unsivil_audio

May 4, 2011
Sheridan
Oh well I suppose. Seems to be back to running smoothly for the most part anyways. For as many mods (apps) that I run, I suppose there is bound to be some conflict. I appreciate you taking the time to look though.

Top Liked Posts