// Android 4.2.2
// Current Version [ 4.2.7 ]
// All Languages

pow86.jpg

1180diw.jpg
2eqf7y9.jpg

MIUI ROM 4.2.7 Full Changelog
[Lock screen, Status bar, and Notification shade]
New - Added the option to customize carrier name (Settings-Notifications-Additional settings-Edit service provider name)
Optimization - Improved pulldown notification shade and displayed some information in the status bar

[Weather]
Fix - Location issues of places outside China

[Security Center]
Fix - Display error of phone internal storage in Cleaner

MIUIv5 4.2.7 Download
2-14-2014: MIUI v5 4.2.7

Working:
- Everything
* Make sure to enable ADB debugging if you encounter MTP issues.

MIUI General FAQ

Q: How do I root this?
A: Enable root in the perm manager, which can be found in the security folder.

Q: Why is G-Apps not listed for Download?
A: Too Bloaty, add a Google account and install the play store as an APK, I suggest using Aptoide to find it.

Q: 4G LTE isn't working
A: Load the Phone, dial *#*#4636#*#*, goto Phone information, Set preferred network type to LTE/CDMA auto (PRL).

Q: Help! Phone/SystemUI/Keyboard Isn't working/Is Force Closing!
A: Make sure to do a completely clean wipe, also I'm not sure how well this will work if flashed in CWM.

Q: The Browser looks terrible.
A: Settings -> Advanced -> User agent string -> MiOne (It Renders much better & more naturally!)

Q: My Filesystems won't mount/My PC can't see my device/My phone won't act as a MTP/USB Mounting isn't working!
A: Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable Development / USB Debugging (switch both to on)

Last edited:
T

Tquetski

Misc. Notes

No need to flash any kernels or do any witchcraft, everything should be fine

Last edited:

UserDemos

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL
Misc. Notes
Well, this is highly experimental and may require Kernel modding, It may not boot, or it may boot with full functionality.

PLEASE Give feedback even if it is stable[/B ]and I'll do my best to get this in working order If It's broken, but I followed procedure so it should def. not cause any hard bricks.

I've always wanted to try it, but just curious: isn't MIUI on V4 now? Have they updated MIUI for 4.2 yet?

T

Tquetski

I've always wanted to try it, but just curious: isn't MIUI on V4 now? Have they updated MIUI for 4.2 yet?

This is MIUI V4, but the build number they are most recent with is 3.11, although I'm using 3.8 as a base for compatibility purposes.

Really, MIUI V4 spans from 2.6 - 3.x.xx I believe

T

Tquetski

Camera should work, and Yeah It's based on Epinters CM10, I don't know if MIUI has 4.2 support yet- keep me updated on the working order of this rom because there have been 7 DLs but nobody has said that it isn't functioning...so...

T

Tquetski

So many force closes...
unfortunately android.phone has stopped
Themes
MiuiHome

And have no NAVIGATION BAR

Baddabing, I know what the cause of these issues are, they are actually not too hard to resolve and do stem from the same thing. the fact that I got this close means I'll probably have this rom functional much sooner than I thought.

For now I will pull the link to this build while the next build is pending, thank you for the feedback!

T

Tquetski

Ok, new build is up.

Pretty sure I engaged in too much bull**** with merging and code changes last time to cause the android.phone Force Quit.

Home and Themes FC were a Shelld related issues which now should be resolved.

Edit: Keep in mind a lot of MIUI porting is trial and error, great patience will be needed for a perfect port of this, because of the nature of this one build could fix one thing but break others.
The best way to get a stable port of MIUI is to do everything right the first time, so I'll be trying different things in order to find that golden place of stability.

Thanks again to the folks willing to give feedback, It is more important than any of the things I do in any project.

Last edited:
T

Tquetski

Is it home, launcher? The way you respond will help me determine if I really have to edit your kernel which is starting to feel like an inevitability lol :l

T

Tquetski

Guys, I'm going to bump this to ask if in the builds I posted, did the status bar appear in any of them?

As soon as this single bad issue is resolved I will be able to bring a fully functional MIUI to this device, I've already created a kernel for this device to be used exclusively with MIUI roms, but before I make the next test build, did the second fix the status bar?

The next build will include the kernel either way, but if this one is fine outside of needing the kernel I see no reason to re-port : P

Again, ALL FORCE QUITS ARE KERNEL RELATED and not indicative of progress If you do not have a MIUI kernel, all I need for people to watch for is a working status bar :) It appears midway through rom setup, it does not initially appear right away, so I'd appreciate it if folks would wait to get to the MIUI launcher before commenting on if the bar may or may not be missing

albinowalrus

Aug 12, 2008
The status bar is visible for me. I installed 0.2 Alpha.

Also none of the on-screen buttons work. I'm not sure if this is related to the force closes, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

Last edited:
T

Tquetski

Ok! New build is up, as with the other two builds I have also re-ported this from the ground up.

Fixes SHOULD include all phone lights, Force Quits in Home and Themes have been fully resolved.

This Rom includes a MIUI specific Kernel as well :D

Edit: Now that I've taken the effort to make a Kernel for this rom It is only a matter of time before It's fully functional, If you were to use this kernel in 0.2 of this rom it would resolve all FC issues relating to home launcher and other system components.

I felt the need to ground-up it due to the LED light framework error, which should be fixed here but I can't be positive,I need full bug reports asap : )

Last edited:

Krizid

Sep 10, 2011
constant reboot during power up. wont even reach logo. tried to wipe everything 2 times but still not working.

T

Tquetski

constant reboot during power up. wont even reach logo. tried to wipe everything 2 times but still not working.

Frontal keys are a *****, Krizid is testing before I post a release, the next forum post will likely be a functional rom, stay tuned : )

Last edited:
T

Tquetski

Progress Report

MIUI is currently fully functional

MIUI currently needs a kernel. If anyone here can unpack and repack this phones boot.img without causing a bootloop
contact me asap, a kernel or way to run shelld is all that is left

So either

1) MIUI Kernel to call Shelld

2) Some other means of calling shelld

Let me know if anyone has ideas!

T

Tquetski

Progress Report
2/26/13
Broken
- Unable to hang up calls
- System UI Force Quit upon editing Navbar properties
(Not a big deal, just annoying)

MIUI Kernel has been completed, It's possible I may be able to post a build tonite or tomorrow.

T

Tquetski

OK folks, I'm posting a build of this for observation purposes and also for the kernel, in case other people want to help debug this, or make their own MIUI to speed up the time this phone can have a fully functional MIUI : D

Once again, this is an alpha that does mostly work, but is broken in places that really need fixing, I will post another build when this enters beta :D

UserDemos

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL
OK folks, I'm posting a build of this for observation purposes and also for the kernel, in case other people want to help debug this, or make their own MIUI to speed up the time this phone can have a fully functional MIUI : D

Once again, this is an alpha that does mostly work, but is broken in places that really need fixing, I will post another build when this enters beta :D

What's MIUI based on? CM10? Just curious...

Isn't MIUI V5 due out March 1st? Will you be able to to simply add merge code like CM does currently for future releases?

Also, as someone hesitant to switch to anything other than stock (which is so functional)...how does MIUI incorporate Google Apps?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re: [Rom]MIUI 3.2.8 XT925 ALPHA

Hey I got this to boot on the 926 I know this ROM is not meant, I get an error saying unauthorized

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda premium
    Hello!

Its there any way to make a dual boot, just for testing?

I just installed Safestrap, did a backup from my stock rom, enabled the slot 1, copy the backup there and boots fine.
    Installed MIUI on slot 1, but when boots, stucks on black screen. ):

Yes, but only if all the roms use the same kernel as the "stock" rom.

If you do it then don't expect help because none of us power users want to deal with help and support questions...or noobz.

Oh

And 4.3 MIUI :p

/yes, I know... 4.2.2.....
    I cant find permisions to enable root
    How do I flash this ROM?
    I'm trying to flash to my XT925 Unlocked bootloader with Twrp 2.5 recovery from external sd card but had no luck.
    It says failed
    I would really appreciate if you could give me some guidance.
    What are the prerequisites to install this rom on my XT925?
    I used TWRP v2.6.3.0 with no issues at all, so I would give that a shot first...
    thanks for your response. I will try it later today and post results.

The only version available of twrp 2.6 is for xt926 and mine is xt925.
    It says that it has worked on the xt925.
    Is that the one you installed?

Other question:
    I read on the firsts post from OP that this ROM drains more battery than normal android CM.
    How good is battery life with this rom compared with others?
    2.6 should be fine I think
    As far as the battery drain, I haven't noticed a difference between miui and other roms, It's been a daily driver for me and I'm a power user. I still only need to charge it at night...