[Q] [ROM][4.4.2][WIP] CyanogenMod 11.0 [UNOFFICIAL] - "XY aplication has stopped"

Search This thread

KoFiler

Mar 30, 2014
[Q] [ROM][4.4.2][WIP] CyanogenMod 11.0 [UNOFFICIAL] - "XY aplication has stopped"

Hi all,
I finally made "functioned" KK + gapps (Gapps-KK-4.4.0-Signed-UpdatedWithGtransport.zip) + cronmod (int2ext+) + overclock (806) on my WFS.

..but..I find that "Google play services" and "Hangouts" sometimes get an error about that the specific app stopped working, I also find that sometimes occurs an error with "Exchange services" (first boot + one more time yesterday).

Am I doing something wrong? Is here any fix for this? I find same problem with "Google play services has stopped" also in AOKP after I started using Hangouts (but I am not pretty sure about that this was the reason).

Thanks all for help! I will appreciate it! :)

dompham

Feb 13, 2014
Hi all,
I finally made "functioned" KK + gapps (Gapps-KK-4.4.0-Signed-UpdatedWithGtransport.zip) + cronmod (int2ext+) + overclock (806) on my WFS.

..but..I find that "Google play services" and "Hangouts" sometimes get an error about that the specific app stopped working, I also find that sometimes occurs an error with "Exchange services" (first boot + one more time yesterday).

Am I doing something wrong? Is here any fix for this? I find same problem with "Google play services has stopped" also in AOKP after I started using Hangouts (but I am not pretty sure about that this was the reason).

maybe u should use Gapps-KK-4.4.0-Signed.zip (without "UpdatedWithGtransport"
link

AFN

Jul 4, 2013
Hi all,

+1

dompham

Feb 13, 2014
What is the "right way" of "reflashing gapps" please? Can I simply boot to recovery and flash new gapps or there is for example needed wipe etc.?
i'm not sure...in my opinion, backup data--> flash rom again --> reboot into homescreen --/recovery--> flash Gapps. done.
hope it work...

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
Hi all,

The right way to flash gapps would be installing it alongside the rom, but KK is giving errors with setup wizard......so you will have to boot into the rom once and then flash gapps. The problems may also be caused by the overclock, try running the Rom at the normal frequency (600 mhz) and see if the errors stop

Reactions: KoFiler

KoFiler

Mar 30, 2014
The right way to flash gapps would be installing it alongside the rom, but KK is giving errors with setup wizard......so you will have to boot into the rom once and then flash gapps. The problems may also be caused by the overclock, try running the Rom at the normal frequency (600 mhz) and see if the errors stop

I found out that mobile "automaticaly restart" in one moment, than after boot it gives me some error about "sim card" and that the restart is needed.. so I again restarted, now I am booted and no error (..yet).

So you think that the problem is with overclock? And if I want to try flash suggested gapps above, is it really necessary to wipe and reflash rom? Can't I just go to recovery and flash (install) new gapps over actul gapps?

Thanks all again!

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
I found out that mobile "automaticaly restart" in one moment, than after boot it gives me some error about "sim card" and that the restart is needed.. so I again restarted, now I am booted and no error (..yet).

So you think that the problem is with overclock? And if I want to try flash suggested gapps above, is it really necessary to wipe and reflash rom? Can't I just go to recovery and flash (install) new gapps over actul gapps?

Thanks all again!

I believe the automatic reboots are caused by the overclock.
It would be better to just wipe the rom before flashing the other Gapps package, flash them when you have booted into the rom atleast once after wiping

KoFiler

Mar 30, 2014
It would be better to just wipe the rom before flashing the other Gapps package, flash them when you have booted into the rom atleast once after wiping

So suggested method is:
1. Go to recovery
2. Data wipe (format)
3. Cache wipe
4. Advanced -> Dalvik Cache wipe
5. Boot rom (no need to flash again rom and patcher?)
6. Go to recovery
7. Install gapps

Am I right?

Btw. what gapps do you use? Because I start thinking that the problem was overlock :confused:

Btw2. is it normal that after first boot "Exchange.........." stopped? It appears only one again from yesterday :eek:

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
So suggested method is:
1. Go to recovery
2. Data wipe (format)
3. Cache wipe
6. Go to recovery
7. Install gapps

Am I right?

Btw. what gapps do you use? Because I start thinking that the problem was overlock :confused:

Btw2. is it normal that after first boot "Exchange.........." stopped? It appears only one again from yesterday :eek:

Correct
About the "Exchange services" error, I experienced it as well on CM11, currently running OmniROM which doesn't show this.

KoFiler

Mar 30, 2014
It seems like the problem was overclock, how is it posible? (almost second day without errors)

csoulr666

Jun 30, 2011
Aligarh
It seems like the problem was overclock, how is it posible? (almost second day without errors)

Pushing anything over it's normal limits can cause problems. This especially holds in the case of processors, overclocking can cause heating and possibly malfunction due to "more-than-normal" clock speeds. It's would be kinda be like not sleeping for two days straight, your brain goes haywire and in extreme cases might shut itself down

kanav96

Dec 17, 2013
solan
www.bestmobilephones.co.in
Pushing anything over it's normal limits can cause problems. This especially holds in the case of processors, overclocking can cause heating and possibly malfunction due to "more-than-normal" clock speeds. It's would be kinda be like not sleeping for two days straight, your brain goes haywire and in extreme cases might shut itself down
im having issues with both the olliver rom and non olliver rom (in thread)
even without flashing gapps im getting a setup wizard has stopped issue and i havent overclocked my device . i just flash roms oh and i have cwm 6.0.4.8

KoFiler

Mar 30, 2014
even without flashing gapps im getting a setup wizard has stopped issue and i havent overclocked my device . i just flash roms oh and i have cwm 6.0.4.8

Probably you installed it badly.

"Correct way" to install CM 11:
1. Install (flash) ROM + patcher (because of function camera)
2. Normally boot
3. Boot to recovery and install (flash) GAPPS
4. Normally reboot
..and no setup wizard will apear ;) maybe only "Exchange services has stopped.." error, but its probably "normal"..;)

Last edited:

aWFSuser

Dec 31, 2013
Howrah

You flashed Gapps before? You will have to format system before flashing the ROM. As unlike other roms the updater-script of this rom does not format system, so the gapps remain.

kanav96

Dec 17, 2013
solan
ok so currently im using cm11 by olliver for wfs and ive noticed that the scrrenshot feature and the halo feature are not working . (ss feature dosent even show up ) anyone having same issues or having solution?

kanav96

Dec 17, 2013
solan
Hi all,

Ignore the exchange services quote and your issues might be due to improper clean up of prev. Rom.. how did you clean it up?

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Thanks all again!

So suggested method is:
    1. Go to recovery
    2. Data wipe (format)
    3. Cache wipe
    6. Go to recovery
    7. Install gapps

Am I right?

Correct
    About the "Exchange services" error, I experienced it as well on CM11, currently running OmniROM which doesn't show this.
    So there is no need to flash again rom + patcher? :) only things what I write?

No you won't have to do that IMO