[Q] Help Root and SOFF

Search This thread

Jun1orV

Sep 8, 2009
I just got the HTC M8 for Verizon and been trying to unlock bootloader\S-Off running Software number 1.55.605.2 and tried the method and tried the firewater not having any luck. I did get temp root with weaksauce but when I get to last part of "/data/local/tmp/firewater" in cmd it just stays there don't get the options to continue. I do have usb debugging on, the root option or grand over adb was allowed on the phone as well as fast boot on settings Is checked off. Any body have help that can provide or what to look for.

Wired4Fun

Sep 19, 2010
I just got the HTC M8 for Verizon and been trying to unlock bootloader\S-Off running Software number 1.55.605.2 and tried the method and tried the firewater not having any luck. I did get temp root with weaksauce but when I get to last part of "/data/local/tmp/firewater" in cmd it just stays there don't get the options to continue. I do have usb debugging on, the root option or grand over adb was allowed on the phone as well as fast boot on settings Is checked off. Any body have help that can provide or what to look for.

I really struggled with it too. Maybe this will help?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52496519

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Jun1orV

Sep 8, 2009
Thanks i will give it a try

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheRectified

Dec 16, 2010
Chicago, IL
Its not working for me either. The second I do the CHMOD command firewater disappears from the TMP folder. :confused:

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Nevermind, I fixed mine.

I downloaded the ZIP with a whole folder structure in it. This time I just created a C:\ADB folder and moved the ADB and firewater files into it and it worked. :)

Jun1orV

Sep 8, 2009
Its not working for me either. The second I do the CHMOD command firewater disappears from the TMP folder. :confused:

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Nevermind, I fixed mine.

I downloaded the ZIP with a whole folder structure in it. This time I just created a C:\ADB folder and moved the ADB and firewater files into it and it worked. :)

Lucky ive had no success when i go threw the process and ch the commnd i get permission denidd but dont see anything on my htc to grant besides getting the grant for adb shell ?

TheRectified

Dec 16, 2010
Chicago, IL
Lucky ive had no success when i go threw the process and ch the commnd i get permission denidd but dont see anything on my htc to grant besides getting the grant for adb shell ?

Granting it for the adb shell should do the trick. Thats the only thing that asked for root when I was going through the process.

Jun1orV

Sep 8, 2009
I did grant adb root access still get permission denied im thinking that for some reason my pc maybe not showing as admin or something

Wired4Fun

Sep 19, 2010
I did grant adb root access still get permission denied im thinking that for some reason my pc maybe not showing as admin or something

Did you do the following from the link I provided?

"C) READ CAREFULLY: If it doesn't already exist, you're going to need to create a 'local/temp' folder in the 'data' folder of the ABSOLUTE ROOT FOLDER of the device. You will NOT find the correct 'data' folder if you do not enable 'root explorer' and 'hidden files.' There are numerous 'data' folders in your phone, but you need the one in the absolute root. In ES File Explorer, you can click on the top, and it will progressively advance 'up' one folder each time you click it. Keep clicking until you see 'Device.' Once you are there, you will see 3 options under 'History." There should be:
"/Device"
"0 (x.xx GB/x.xx GB)"
"extSdCard (xx.xx GB/xx.xx GB)

4) Open the "/Device" folder, and find (or create) the folder named 'Local.' Open that folder, and find (or create) the folder named 'tmp.' Upload the 'firewater' file from Folder 4 of my Dropbox link.

For the previous step, I want to emphasize that for some reason, I absolutely could not push the 'firewater' file to my phone via adb as directed in the tutorials I found out there. I don't know if it had anything to do with the OTA that I downloaded, but everytime I would try pushing the file, the phone would disconnect from my PC, and upon reconnecting, it was gone. Also, the way I uploaded 'firewater' into that folder was by 'exporting' the file from my Dropbox to that folder. I expect there are other options, but that is what worked for me.
"

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Last edited:

Jun1orV

Sep 8, 2009
Using and adding the file firewater here and get that msg on cmd that i pm

Attachments

• 1401748595589.jpg
    1401748595589.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 46

Jun1orV

Sep 8, 2009