[16-JUL-2011] pcarvalho eXtreme ROM

Search This thread

blove

Aug 15, 2007
Set time problem

Thanks for the new ROM build 23557!
Very fast but one small problem is: go to Settings->Clock&Alarms->click tab "Time"->Date: click the arrow to select date, select date on Calendar, Set or Cancel then it don't return back tab "Time" but return to tab "Alarm" and can not do more.

Gonzilla

Nov 21, 2006
Sorry for the dumb question, but why the most recent version is the 23557 instead of the 28014??

By the way, can you explain the meaning of this numerotation?

chris10230

May 19, 2008
Sorry for the dumb question, but why the most recent version is the 23557 instead of the 28014??

By the way, can you explain the meaning of this numerotation?

they are different build trees from M$ pcar has expalined it very well and so have others, more info is around.

One has the new outlook, Some are more stable, but as far as updates go far as i know and see its random.

pijastomig

Feb 1, 2009
install rom from sd card

How can I install your great rom from the sd card?? I can't connect to the USB because there is a problem with the cable.
Thanks
Alessandro

pcarvalho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2008
A good ROM as usual.

How Can I copy manila2d.exe from \windows to SDCARD?

I can do this at the previous ROMs but not this time, why?

cause its been "modulized"...

only major issue is Ndrive...think its the taskbar thats not alowing it to come to the front...gonna do a quick build 23547 and check if it work then...hope it doesn't cause that would mean it was my mistake :)

Last edited:

raoul91

Jan 29, 2009
Essonne
5.2.23557 FB issues

Hi pcarvalho,

thank you for your time spent to build your roms! :)
I have a question:
I had an error when I'm trying to test the facebook application: facebook.exe - "The file 'facebook' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. Try reinstalling the application".
And when try to reinstall it from MarketPlace, an error: " Facebook for windows Mobile could not be installed"..
Any idea?

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
Hi pcarvalho,

I have a question:
I had an error when I'm trying to test the facebook application: facebook.exe - "The file 'facebook' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. Try reinstalling the application".
And when try to reinstall it from MarketPlace, an error: " Facebook for windows Mobile could not be installed"..
Any idea?

i dont have 23557 on my device right now, but as i recall it was working...will check this asap...thanks for reporting...if anyone else could check this so i can rule out flashing issues that would be great...

cheers

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
Thanks for the new ROM build 23557!
Very fast but one small problem is: go to Settings->Clock&Alarms->click tab "Time"->Date: click the arrow to select date, select date on Calendar, Set or Cancel then it don't return back tab "Time" but return to tab "Alarm" and can not do more.

known issue...gonna have to port newer plugin...compatibility issue probably...just type in the date dont use arrow...

cheers

alexinc

Feb 4, 2008
HTC Vision: G2
LG G5
Hi pcarvalho,

I have a question:
Any idea?

sorry to say, but for me its working without any trouble! better hard reset...

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
This as usual up to your standards, even though i don't use it when i went to set the time, in clocks and alarms, if you use the date picker

click set
sent to alarms, and cannot get back.
Then exit and have to set date by keyboard.

Apart from this seems to be excellent!

also i saw you dropped 3rd party task managers, i found every single has major battery drain issues, so good choice there. :)

thanks, note taken...

id just like to point out that all my releases are up to my standards...
else how would i be able to debug most things i do? :)
it takes time to develop/port, just cooking is very easy...
look at me as steven seagal...im not just a simple cook :D

cheers

btw: good news ndrive issue is my fault...bad news is ill take a week to fix it...

Last edited:

chris10230

May 19, 2008
thanks, note taken...

id just like to point out that all my releases are up to my standards...
else how would i be able to debug most things i do? :)
it takes time to develop/port, just cooking is very easy...
look at me as steven seagal...im not just a simple cook :D

cheers

btw: good news ndrive issue is my fault...bad news is ill take a week to fix it...

err think you took that slightly the wrong way, didnt mean any offence. Just had problems with the last one, as in it would not boot, at all, left it for a few hrs... This one does though. :)
Honestly these are getting better with each one, the ones i was running 6 months ago are slow in comparison ( and they were fast, dont know how to describe these... Lightspeed lol ) now that is development!

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
err think you took that slightly the wrong way, didnt mean any offence. Just had problems with the last one, as in it would not boot, at all, left it for a few hrs... This one does though. :)
Honestly these are getting better with each one, the ones i was running 6 months ago are slow in comparison ( and they were fast, dont know how to describe these... Lightspeed lol ) now that is development!

sorry if it seemed like i was offended...but i am not...im just greatful people like my work...i was just joking, and so thought the "steven seagal" was a good compare :)

lightspeed??? naaa...its still more...beam me up scotty! :D

cheers

Last edited:

tomcathp

Dec 20, 2007
On the previous build (WM6.5X build 23541), the free RAM of my Polaris is ~43MB when I use TouchFLO. It's the latest stable ROM with highest free RAM when using TochFLO. With this build (WM6.5X build 23557) everything seem work smooth but the free RAM when using TouchFLO is only ~24-25MB. Therefore I use Titamium Today now and everything is OK (wiht ~40MB free RAM). My Polaris runs very smoothly.
Many thanks to pcarvalho!
Sorry for my English :D

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
On the previous build (WM6.5X build 23541), the free RAM of my Polaris is ~43MB when I use TouchFLO. It's the latest stable ROM with highest free RAM when using TochFLO. With this build (WM6.5X build 23557) everything seem work smooth but the free RAM when using TouchFLO is only ~24-25MB. Therefore I use Titamium Today now and everything is OK (wiht ~40MB free RAM). My Polaris runs very smoothly.
Many thanks to pcarvalho!
Sorry for my English :D

probably newer (hopefully better) memory management by m$, not due to my tweaks or id try to make it better...lets hope they improve that with time...

cheers

s_j_a

Dec 27, 2008
Pcarvalho - firstly THANKS for all your hard work and the great ROMS you push out to keep these HTC Polaris devices still competing with the latest devices (well in my eyes :)).

I have one slight issue with Email which I'm not sure if its local to me so hoping someone can confirm or not. There doesn't seem to be the options for configuring email that used to be available. I have no way of setting the size of the email to download and whether or not to download pictures. It seems one of the email config screens is missing. As such only part of the emails are initially downloaded. Anyone else having this issue - if not - I'll reflash the ROM.

>>>Update<<< Okay - It looks like I have found a solution to the Email download options. It seems they are well hidden away and possibly only available if you use the right Application to setup the Email Account. I'll try some more first - I'm sure it was easier than this before ;)

Also, the size of the font in the Email app seems much larger than in previous ROMS - is this easily configurable? How can I make it smaller?

BTW - REALLY like the new SMS skin - makes threaded SMS very easy to read.

Thanks again for all your hard work - much appreciated.

Last edited:

caesium2

Jun 17, 2008
LG G5
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Hey,
my Orbit 2 crashed over night.
When i tried to turn it on, it acted just like as if I did a hardreset.
My radio rom is 1.59.46.12 and i flashed it using win 7.
I think i flash the original rom and then reflash this one today.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    build 29020 is out...

test it and let me know about issues...

cheers

Link:
    WM65_HTC_Polaris_29020_WWE_Beta1.rar
    I have tried this solution but it only works for once......

after that there is no sound on the device.....its like i have a dead speaker....no tones no nothing.....

any other solution or a re-cooked rom with the problem pre-fixed?

hi greekfragma,

im currently uploading a fixed rom, removed the app that made these sound issues happen...

once its uploaded ill post here its link...

cheers

29022:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hb9DAMB
    next up...

COM3 build 29017 has:
    -htc volume control (goodbye old wm volume control)
    -newer sip menu (now works like newer devices)
    -new utask by ultrashot (press and hold taskmanager for settings)
    -sip icon overlap fix in phonecanvas (now 2G dialer should be without glitches)...

major issues:
    -since its COM3 phonecanvas/screenlock may have issues that need to get debugged

-ezinput also has an issue, one can now change layout/languages alot easier but to make things work after every change touch input settings (sip menu item) has to be run, some layouts my be unfinished still...

alpha state is just cause i need people to test it...other then that its fully working rom...

cheers

LINK:
    pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha fileserve (10-04-2011)

pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha hotfile (10-04-2011)
    hi my fellow htc cruise owners

before i begin thank you those that believed in me and that due to my absense got worried...i am...ok...worrie no more please...

sorry for being away for so long but both work and personal life made it very hard to finish what i was doing...that was at the time...fixing stuff 2 make our polaris work a bit more a bit longer...

meanwhile i had a complete system break down, i had copies but not very updated and i would have 2 remake most of the rom all over again

all my efforts went, sort to say, down the drain...

i even managed 2 loose all my passwords, cause i saved them all in my browser (stupid me :) )...including xda forum one...

additionally my own htc polaris also failed me, on one of my last capable attempts on making a android rom...

i ended up losing 50% of the storage capacity...

all these events leaded 2 my total and complete lost in work and ability to bring my simple attempt on making a bug less rom to a final stage...

all and all it was a fun stage...i enjoyed it a lot...hope some of u enjoyed it too...

again sorry for being away for such a long long time...but i only was able to recover my account password 2 weeks ago...

since i had no more working kitchen nor workable device i decided 2 move on a month or so ago...

i have joined the android era...

gotten a new device and will start finding out how android OS is made up, once i have the time (if i ever will have it any time soon)...

again thank you to all...

if u ever need any help please contact me via PM (something i also have 2 take care cause my PM box got a bit full)

cheers
    whats to come...

build 29020 SYS
    major issues since my last alpha release should now be fixed (email/wifi, incall volume)
    threaded email
    added screen rotation app
    new lockscreen layout
    new wallpaper