[Info] After Revolutionary: install Clockworkmod, root & more

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To install Clockworkmod after Revolutionary

1. Get fastboot and adb tool for windows here:
    2. Get Fastboot and adb for linux here:
    3. Obtain clockworkmod recovery:
    4. Move the recovery.img above to the same directory/folder/map as fastboot and navigate there with an open cmd prompt (WIN) or terminal (LINUX).
    5. Put the phone is Fastboot USB mode (HINT: Android is not up and running - access it from your hboot screen - see how below)
    6. fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img <<< from a command line (use root for Linux- sudo ./fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img)

Clockworkmod includes a backup utility (also known as nandroid backups).

It's a good idea to do backups before installing new roms or modifying a current one.

To do backups:

1. Start clockworkmod recovery (instructions below)
    2. Select backup and restore
    3. Select backup

To restore a backup:
    1. Start clockworkmod recovery (instructions below)
    2. Select backup and restore
    3. Select backup

To root:
    1. Copy su-3.0-efgh-signed.zip to your sdcard root
    2. Start clockworkmod recovery (instructions below)
    3. Select "install zip from sdcard"
    4. Then select "Choose zip from sdcard"
    5. Then select "su-3.0-efgh-signed.zip"
    6. Then select "Yes - install su-3.0-efgh-signed.zip" to confirm
    7. Then go back
    8. Then reboot.
    9. You're rooted!

How to start Clockworkmod:
    1. Unplug USB
    2. Turn the device off
    3. Hold volume down button (HOLD IT) and press power
    4. Hboot will start. Navigate to recovery with the vol down button. Press power to select and enter recovery.

How to start Fastboot USB mode:
    1. Unplug USB
    2. Turn the device off
    3. Hold volume down button (HOLD IT) and press power
    4. Hboot will start.
    5. Wait for sdcard scan to complete.
    6. Plug in USB cord connected to the computer
    7. Press power ONCE and Fastboot USB mode starts

Flashing custom roms is much like flashing the root files above. Follow the flashing instructions for the custom ROM you select if you choose to do so. NOTE: You do NOT need to root to flash a custom, rooted ROM.

Q&A

i did the command for linux and i get waiting for device. not sure what im doing wrong i had no problems running the alpharevx s-off tool

Try it as root for Linux.

sudo ./fastboot <yadda>

If you are in windows, you need to install the correct drivers. The drivers are in HTC sync. Get the correct version sync for your phone from the HTC support site, install it, then de-install it, leaving just the drivers.
    Complete tutorial

im having the same problem, can you provide instructions on how to do it in HBOOT?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1.Move the fastboot shell script to sdk-tools where AdbWinApi.dll is located.
    2.Start-->Run-->write "cmd", press ENTER-->
    in command promt write
    cd C:\
    cd C:\directory\where\fastboot is located\

3.Turn off your phone and Boot it into fastboot.
    4.Connect your usb.(It should write FASTBOOT USB on your device).
    5.In command prompt write fastboot flash recovery E:\recovery-clockwork-3.2.0.0-j_r0dd_mod-buzz.img(Replace "E:\" with your clockworkmod image directory).
    6.Now in cmd write fastboot reboot
    7.You should be done now :)(When using clockwork mod recovery on wildfire use trackball button to select and Power button to go back )
    Hope this helps :D
    For anyone (like me) stuck after alpharevx: this info from another thread was life saver to me:

1. download the clockworkmod recovery file from link in the first post of this thread. Extract the contents of zip (u will see a file named "recovery.img")

2. Download the android flasher here

3. Run Android Flasher, and select "Recovery". (It's one of the options on the left side). Navigate to the location of your recovery.img, and select it. The phone should switch itself to fastboot, then install clockworkmod. It then goes right into clockworkmod, and you can follow the steps listed to install the root.

Worked for me on HTC Aria with stock 2.2
    I found the easiest method was to use HBOOT:

• Copy the PG32IMG.zip to the root of your SD Card
    • Turn off your phone
    • Press the power button and volume down button to boot into HBOOT
    • It'll look for .zips and find the one you put there.
    • Select yes to update, give it a few seconds then it'll tell you to reboot.
    • ClockworkMod should now be installed.
    I am stuck at step 3, it says waiting on device when flashing the recovery. Developer USB is enabled on my android, what am I doing wrong? I also tried to boot in to bootloader and have it connected with USB but nothing happened.

Edit: I just need to select Fastboot then it installed the recovery. I am now in the Clock work recovery but anything I select shows the tophat and does nothing, I can go back to the menu though.

I need to do more research on Clockwork I guess :)

Edit again: Pressing the scrollbutton on the wildfire did the trick, sorry about noobing this thread, hopefully this will help other noobs :p