CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Incredible 2 :DINC2: V7.1.0-Beta1 (3 July 2011)

Search This thread

junknstuff

Dec 6, 2010
That's been fixed. GSM works on future builds (I just now pushed the change) but you will have to manually add APN info for your alternate network.

that sounds about right. i had to do the same on the stock 2.2.1, so no surprises. looks like cm7 coming to my inc2 sooner than later. thanks for the help attn1

thecitywelivein

Dec 14, 2008
Google Pixel 7
I've been running this solidly all day and it's very stable. I do miss the sense camera and gallery though. The only app not working so far is Grooveshark. But other than that, I think I've found my daily rom.

Sent from my rooted dinc2 running CM7

payitforward

Jul 6, 2011
GSM Fix

Cdma only ay this point

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA Premium App

An easy GSM temp fix for anyone who needs it:

Step 1: Dial *#*#4636#*#* to get into test mode
Step 2: Phone Information > Set preferred network type: GSM only. Then your phone will start crashing, until you do the step 3 fix.
Step 3:
> adb shell
# su
# sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db 'update secure set value="1" where name="preferred_network_mode"'
# reboot
Now GSM works.

More info at: CyanogenMod Bug: Issue 2928: 2g/3g toggle does not work in Powerwidge-throws phone into a loop

knipp21

May 23, 2010
FT Riley BIG RED ONE
I've been running this solidly all day and it's very stable. I do miss the sense camera and gallery though. The only app not working so far is Grooveshark. But other than that, I think I've found my daily rom.

Could we not get the sense camera Apk and install it? When I finally root ill want that and the gallery

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App

thecitywelivein

Dec 14, 2008
Google Pixel 7
That's because fastboot doesn't completely shut down. Think of it like hibernate on your computer, because that's essentially what it is.

I think I confused you. Let me try again. CM7 boots twice as fast as Stock. Even when fast boot is enabled on Stock.

But then again, it had to load sense and prepare all that bloatware. And now I have 22 apps on an AOSP rom. It only makes sense to be faster.

nimdae

Feb 19, 2010
Texas
www.beausteward.com
I think I confused you. Let me try again. CM7 boots twice as fast as Stock. Even when fast boot is enabled on Stock.

But then again, it had to load sense and prepare all that bloatware. And now I have 22 apps on an AOSP rom. It only makes sense to be faster.

Sorry, you're right, I misread. My brain isn't awake yet, forgive me.

2010gt

Aug 15, 2010
Anyone using this that can tell me the status of the GPS? Last I heard HTC was using a proprietary GPS driver on Gingerbread, which is what was causing the issues with the GPS on the CM7 Evo 4G ROMs.

zeeeep

Feb 4, 2010
Could we not get the sense camera Apk and install it? When I finally root ill want that and the gallery

Sent from my ADR6350 using XDA Premium App

I just replaced my HTC Hero with a i2 yesterday. I've had CM7 on my Hero for many months and can confirm that sense apps and widgets do not work on CM7. The sense camera was the biggest thing I missed with CM7. The CM7 camera was significantly slower (this was on crappy hardware - no idea if it will be the same on the i2).

Somewhat related - I loved CM7 on my Hero, primarily due to the speed increase. The Hero only has a 528 MHz CPU, so performance is the primary driver for development. I've had the i2 less than 24 hours, but I can already tell that I'm using the phone differently due to the increased speed and I may end up preferring a sense based rom. The biggest thing I'm missing from CM7 right now is the power/setting toggles in the notification drop down.

thecitywelivein

Dec 14, 2008
Google Pixel 7
Anyone using this that can tell me the status of the GPS? Last I heard HTC was using a proprietary GPS driver on Gingerbread, which is what was causing the issues with the GPS on the CM7 Evo 4G ROMs.

You're right. I can't get my GPS to lock. That's a bummer. It could be months before someone writes a driver for it :(

Reactions: 2010gt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a beta, but you will find it stable for everyday use.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Incredible 2, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. (Required)
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2
    Download: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2-signed.zip
    Mirror: update-cm-7.1.0-Beta1-Inc2-signed.zip

MD5sum: 1f48933fa432f53cef392fdcd2db0872

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110613
    Mirror: link
    Mirror: link
    The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    it ain't official. we got hookked up

It's about as official as it gets. It's a pre-release beta. It's not on the CM site yet because my stuff was just now merged into the CM repository.

an RC is on it's way soon - probably when RC2 hits. :)
    Call me crazy, but I don't get why anyone would swap the stock Sense UI on the HTC Incredible 2 for CM7. I just did, and it was like going in the way-back machine to Froyo days, or something. I'm rooted and S-Off'd and all that. I really don't see the point.

It's posts like these that add no value to the thread that make them impossible to navigate for useful feedback for all the garbage sub-threading it generates . If you don't care for a project, why not move along, rather than make inane, offensive, trolling remarks about something you obviously have no understanding of?

This thread is for discussion of a specific part of a very large development, and not for off-topic general banter about absolute nonsense.
    This hasn't been updated for almost three months...follow the nightlies and no they have yet to fix it

i have made a lot of progress on audio source, but nightlies build still use prebuilt audio

probably we can switch to our source audio soon ...