[LIBRARY] APL - Android Proxy Library

Search This thread
Dec 26, 2010
play.google.com
APL (Android Proxy Library) is a library that makes it easier for app developers get the proxy settings from an Android device.

I decided to make this library when I realized that Android didn't have a standard and simple support to proxy networks that can support all the API versions (more information here). So, the first goal was to add an agnostic method to get the current proxy configuration of the device. After that, I continued adding features to the library in order to get and check proxy configuration, status and other related informations.

Anyway, here it is on GitHub: https://github.com/shouldit/android-proxy-library

The code is not so well documented, but please be patient, it's not my full time job :( !

I would really appreciate any feedback, comment, issue you may find, so please just write a couple of rows to me or into the GitHub Issues page.

Bye!

redders6600

May 14, 2010
This looks really useful, but I am completely failing to get it imported into Eclipse successfully...

I have done:

file > import > general > existing projects into workspace

and

file > import > android > existing android code into workspace

Both with "copy files into workspace" checked and unchecked.

Every time, I get 1021 errors in the console with things like:

Code:
android.net.LinkProperties cannot be resolved to a type

What am I doing wrong? Is there some extra setup step that I missed?

Dec 26, 2010
play.google.com
This looks really useful, but I am completely failing to get it imported into Eclipse successfully...

I have done:

file > import > general > existing projects into workspace

and

file > import > android > existing android code into workspace

Both with "copy files into workspace" checked and unchecked.

Every time, I get 1021 errors in the console with things like:

Code:
android.net.LinkProperties cannot be resolved to a type

What am I doing wrong? Is there some extra setup step that I missed?

You should exclude from the build of the library all the source files that are contained into the "excluded_from_build" folder. Those files are there only to have a fast reference for reflecting the Android source files.

Anyway I've on my todo list the task to provide an easily library package (aar). It should be ready soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    APL (Android Proxy Library) is a library that makes it easier for app developers get the proxy settings from an Android device.

I decided to make this library when I realized that Android didn't have a standard and simple support to proxy networks that can support all the API versions (more information here). So, the first goal was to add an agnostic method to get the current proxy configuration of the device. After that, I continued adding features to the library in order to get and check proxy configuration, status and other related informations.

Anyway, here it is on GitHub: https://github.com/shouldit/android-proxy-library

The code is not so well documented, but please be patient, it's not my full time job :( !

I would really appreciate any feedback, comment, issue you may find, so please just write a couple of rows to me or into the GitHub Issues page.

Bye!