[REF/GUIDE] [17/11] The Complete Wildfire Index

Search This thread

-iNCEPTiON-

Apr 29, 2011
Islamabad
Nope, still on 7.0.2. Actually, I am waiting for 7.1 :p Bit lazy to upgrade ROMs on a regular basis, and more so, because I always believe in fully wiping my device before flashing a new one.

If you are looking to upgrade, look at the newer nightlies rather than 7.0.3, because they use the latest Gingerbread build and a newer kernel.

The official changelog is:
This update contains a bug fix for our update notification system, as well as an important security fix. It is recommended that all users running a version of CyanogenMod prior to 7.0.3 update to this release. You should not install this update if you are already running a recent nightly build, only if you are coming from 7.0, 7.0.2, or 7.0.2.1.

which nightly build u would recommend that i should install ?

B

bx19

One question, Is JIT compiler enabled in AOSP custom roms.

And one more, Is there full adobe flash support in custom roms....

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
One question, Is JIT compiler enabled in AOSP custom roms.

And one more, Is there full adobe flash support in custom roms....

They may not be enabled by default, but, as far as I know, all AOSP ROMs offer an option to turn JIT on or off.

As for Flash support, no, no custom ROM has it because Flash support requires an ARMv7 Processor and the Wildfire has an ARMv6 one. So Flash will never work on the Wildfire. (Not Flashlite - That is different)

-iNCEPTiON-

Apr 29, 2011
Islamabad
They may not be enabled by default, but, as far as I know, all AOSP ROMs offer an option to turn JIT on or off.

As for Flash support, no, no custom ROM has it because Flash support requires an ARMv7 Processor and the Wildfire has an ARMv6 one. So Flash will never work on the Wildfire. (Not Flashlite - That is different)

what app shall i install to support flash lite ?

-iNCEPTiON-

Apr 29, 2011
Islamabad
It's an HTC only app AFAIK, so you must be on a Sense ROM. Corrections welcome if I am wrong.

Hmm, I m upgrading to Nightlies #72 :) , just wiping my device :) is there a way to just use the sim contacts rather than importing them, its really pain when i save new contacts :( i dont know how to copy them on sim :( any solutions :)

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Hmm, I m upgrading to Nightlies #72 :) , just wiping my device :) is there a way to just use the sim contacts rather than importing them, its really pain when i save new contacts :( i dont know how to copy them on sim :( any solutions :)

There's an app on the market called Contact2SIM. Proved really handy for me when I needed to transfer contacts across phones that didn't support VCF files.

Alternatively, if you sync your contacts with Google servers, they will automatically be restored when you sync after a reflash / format.

-iNCEPTiON-

Apr 29, 2011
Islamabad
There's an app on the market called Contact2SIM. Proved really handy for me when I needed to transfer contacts across phones that didn't support VCF files.

Alternatively, if you sync your contacts with Google servers, they will automatically be restored when you sync after a reflash / format.

I am trying to sync with google but its syncing the emails in my gtalk also lol

EDIT: Deleted the contacts from google account , i will sync them again :)

Last edited:

mysql2779

Jun 22, 2010
Guys.. for the #5 RUUs.. I am currently using Leaf_r3.. The situation now is how am I suppose to roll back to stock ROM using RUUs ? I downloaded a RUU in .exe file format ! I plug in the usb and connect my phone to PC den click on .exe and let it load ? In wat condition my phone will brick ? In addition, I S-off the phone using XTC clip..
I turn my phone off when I run the .exe file or turn it on with my leaf_r3 ?

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Guys.. for the #5 RUUs.. I am currently using Leaf_r3.. The situation now is how am I suppose to roll back to stock ROM using RUUs ? I downloaded a RUU in .exe file format ! I plug in the usb and connect my phone to PC den click on .exe and let it load ? In wat condition my phone will brick ? In addition, I S-off the phone using XTC clip..
I turn my phone off when I run the .exe file or turn it on with my leaf_r3 ?

The phone should be kept on. Never heard of a case of any phone bricking till date by using an RUU. You should be safe.

3xeno

Dec 6, 2010
Bangalore
Major update to the 1st post. Please do give me your suggestions / additions / subtractions / comments / criticism / whatever, if any. :)

B

bx19

@3xeno
Nice work again as usual.

Little things from my side (only if they were useful) ........

---- Under pre-requisites of section1, the htc sync might not be mandatory for adb drivers (more download memory). Alternatively, the "HTCDriver_2.0.7.17.exe" which comes in the memory card of wildfire at the time of purchase is enough. And it is just 13MB, and a working download link to it will be nice .
---- adb and hboot drivers needed only for windows os. Maybe need to be highlighted.
---- For AlpharevX beta process, many people make mistakes while rewriting the device serial number. If using windows command prompt, just CD to the adb path and enter the command "adb devices" (connecting the phone in full boot mode + debugging on). Then it displays serial number. Then right click inside the command prompt and "select all". Then press CTRL + C to copy entire text. Then create a text file somewhere and right click and paste. Now the serial number can be copied from here. I think this makes no error.
---- Under section RADIO LIST. Maybe the warning for not flashing these on wildfire other than A3333 , needs to be little big and red.
---- And if there is img/zip file for CWM recovery 2.5.0.7, linking to that would be great. Since cwm 3.x is needed only for 2.3 roms and can be kept as a secondary I think. Ofcourse im aware of offline charging bug.

Anyway nice thread which i always refer to.

konna280

Aug 20, 2010
Norwich
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
another solution for "wrong beta key" is redownloading alpharevx and getting a new key, as the key seems to be directly linked with each specific download

also im not 100% sure, but i think adb server has to be turned off aswell before using fastboot

Last edited:

pietpodlood

Jan 1, 2010
Why no 2.1 AOSP ROM..?

this might be a stupid question but why aren't there any Android 2.1 (Eclaire) AOSP Rom's? I've personally found that the stock 2.1 ROM, unoverclocked, was the fastest in GENERAL USE, not games like Angry Birds or whatever, general use. With Wildpuzzle or CM7 my notification bar lagged and I found myself waiting for menus to open, especially contacts. The onscreen keyboard was also quite slow compared to the stock HTC one on 2.1

This might only be me but from what I've seen on my own phone, the newer the version of android I flash, the slower my phone is, which is logical as newer versions have more features.

Back to my original question, is there a specific reason why there's no AOSP Eclaire ROM's? 2.1 Seems to be fastest, but I like AOSP ROM's because they have more free memory and no Sense or HTC apps....

Can anyone answer this for me?

zephyri-xr

May 10, 2010
Karabuk
Oh, thank you my friend. I did every thing as you said and the guy from post you gave for Clockwork. Everything went perfect except some my faults. You and the others (alpharev team especially) rock!

GelullaBarr

Jan 28, 2010
Ploiesti
it's any chance to unlock network for wildfire, it's blocked on vodaf spania, an I would like to use for vodaf romania, any solutions?

Top Liked Posts