OP Updated [ROM] Galaxy Exhibit/Exhibit II RebelROM 3.1[ICS hybrid, LITE and SMOOTH]

Search This thread

ovt00

Mar 10, 2012
Locking and unlocking is related to your wireless carrier which is different from this issue.

I'm guessing you meant rooting your phone which you need to do to gain special user privileges in order to flash roms and kernels etc. If rooting is what you meant I'm not sure if you need to root again when you go back to stock & I'm guessing you won't have to but you can use the free Root Checker app to check that. If its not rooted just use the zerg rush method to root again.

I know that is root and lock wireless.
Now I have: unlocking phone from T-Mobile (it made with NSPro), rooting phone and ROM by Rebel. But I have wifi problem. When I flash to SunRise ROM, wifi works perfect.
I want stay ROM by Rebel. I wrote that if I flash back to stock and then ROM by Rebel, wifi problem is solve. But I afraid to take locking phone again.

spidernix

Jan 26, 2012
I know that is root and lock wireless.
Now I have: unlocking phone from T-Mobile (it made with NSPro), rooting phone and ROM by Rebel. But I have wifi problem. When I flash to SunRise ROM, wifi works perfect.
I want stay ROM by Rebel. I wrote that if I flash back to stock and then ROM by Rebel, wifi problem is solve. But I afraid to take locking phone again.

I would think it remains unlocked. can't you unlock it again using Nspro?

infloman

Apr 3, 2011
WiFi problem

I just changed my rom to rebel 2.1 stable and wi fi does not work. My phone says just "error" when I turn the WiFi on.

I did wipe cashe
wipe/factory reset
wipe dalvik(?) cashe - I hope I spelled it right.

I am okay with it now cuz my plan has up to 5gig at 4G, but I would like to have WiFi on my phone sometimes.

Can anyone help me,please?

spidernix

Jan 26, 2012
I just changed my rom to rebel 2.1 stable and wi fi does not work. My phone says just "error" when I turn the WiFi on.

I did wipe cashe
wipe/factory reset
wipe dalvik(?) cashe - I hope I spelled it right.

I am okay with it now cuz my plan has up to 5gig at 4G, but I would like to have WiFi on my phone sometimes.

Can anyone help me,please?

there have been wifi problems for people coming from other ROMs to rebel. Best method is to flash back to stock and then flash rebel ROM

jvnat

Dec 21, 2011
RebelRom 2.1 was the first custom ROM I put on this phone. So went from stock to RebelRom. Wifi has been solid for me. I ran wiped first before putting on RebelRom. It's running great. Much smoother and responsive. No issues yet. Thanks bpear!

spidernix

Jan 26, 2012
I just checked the OP here and according to the change log CRT OFF has already been implemented in 2.1. It isn't working for me and wanted to know if it was working for others.

Xregards

Mar 25, 2012
Thanks for all the great work you have put into Rom. Just had a quick question installed Rom but seem to be having an issue with my wifi everytime i go to turn it on it seems to give me an error just thought id ask if there is any kind of fix for that thanks

I had the same problem before .. moving from stock to rebel. In my case I used jocala's custom kernel to root my device and then flashed to Rebel and that when I had the wifi error.

To solve the problem .. flash back to stock and then use ZergRush to root your device and then u can flash to Rebel hopefully with no issue..

I hope this could fix your problem ;)

Last edited:

tesla427

Mar 21, 2012
Escondido
AMAZING

I absolutely love this rom

Does everything it says it does

super fast, looks great

one question, how can I donate because I would love to do that (still a noob to xda)

:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

cu2cool

Feb 16, 2010
Does anybody else have problems with extreme lag when the RAM is close to being used up? Just leaving the phone alone and coming back to it, I experience so much lag, that it takes a a minute or two just to get into an app.

I had to install Easy Task Killer to monitor and close out all apps using RAM, and is set to do this automatically every 5 minutes. It's helped so far.

It runs perfectly fine when the RAM is cleared, but aren't unused background apps or RAM hungry apps supposed to be closed out automatically in this ROM?

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
If having wifi issues, reflash stock kernel like others have said.

--------------------------------------------------------------

ok guys, im uploading rebelrom 3.0 ALPHA 1 now.. Keep it mine this is a TEST BUILD i have not tested it, or has anyone. SO BACKUP before hand, and know your taking a risk if you install. Everything should be fine however, and if it doesnt boot you should be able to boot to recovery to restore backup, or if worse comes to worse, reboot to download mode, and flash to stock with odin.

3.0 alpha 1 is a test, and if it works ill add all the features of 2.1 + more.

Currently 3.0 is based on the Galaxy W XXLM6 with Kezra Value Pack V1.1 as base.
XXLM6 is 2.3.6 based, and is samsung feature pack for GB phones to add some ICS features, mainly faceunlock.

This should work, i replaced all the files needed to get this to work on the exhibit ii, if you guys remember earlier builds of rebelROM where based on a older galaxy w FW and mostly everything worked except the camcorder. Should be the same now. (will try and fix this time around)

This is mostly stock XXLM6 ATM, with the ics XPERIA themed launcher, but if this works there will be lots to come

So anyone want to test?

Reactions: ZenPit and cu2cool

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    RebelROM 3.0.9:

SamsungExhibitII4G.jpg

(Widget is Beautiful Widget with ICS theme, and Text on icons in dock is disabled in Xperia S launcher preferences)

Download:

Report bugs:
    here http://code.google.com/p/rebel-rom/issues/list

Features:
    Ported from Galaxy W by me :D
    XXLM6 brings updated Samsung lockscreen, Face unlock, performance, stability increases and android 2.3.6

Features kept from Black Notes Hybrid:
    • ICS Framework
    • ICS google music
    • ICS MODDED APPs (Browser, Gallery, MyFiles, Video Player, Voice Rec)
    • Worldwide APN list
    • Bravia Engine
    • Extended Power Menu
    • V6 Supercharged installed (Super UL, Bullet Proof, Nitro Lag, 100% charged)
    • Derek Gordon GPS Optimization with AGPS Patch (Worldwide)

Other features of Rebel ROM:
    • OTA updatable
    • Barebone with barely any trace of TouchWiz interface
    • ICS theme based on ICE DARK S theme thanks to ibanez7 (Great Job!) modified by me and camcory (camcory mostly :D )
    • CM9 Background in apps (settings, etc) http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1042532&d=1336233402
    • CM7 DSP manager
    • Adfree host file
    • ICS themed XPERIA S launcher
    • ICS keyboard
    • ICS google music player and ICS calculator
    • ICS wallpaper Selector
    • ICS clock
    • Lidroid customization notification toggles
    • Sqlite,App Process(Improves Performance) & System Server( Improves Scrolling) From ICS
    • Jocala's Kernel (thanks!)
    • Debloated
    • AOSP 2.3.7 Calender and Deskclock
    • Rooted
    • Busybox
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Has task killer tweaks
    • optimized memory
    • build.prop tweaks
    • Roboto font
    • Touchscreen more accurate
    • CRT off
    • 1% battery meter
    • Battery percentage notification popups removed

Bugs:

Working:
    • Almost EVERYTHING

Not working:
    • Flashlight toggle in notification pull down. Working LED flashlight app included (smart flashlight)

Screenshots:
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/14745788/1/RebelROM?h=8c4dce (thanks Camcory for most screenshots :D)

Coming soon:
    • XXLM8 Galaxy W updated base
    • More tweaks performance and visual
    • Custom Kernel with tweaks and OCable

Install:
    1. If on RebelROM < or = 2.1(or any 2.3.5 Exhibit II rom, or stock) FULL WIPE is recommended! 3.0 brings some major changes
    2. Install CWM
    3. Backup apps with titanium backup or similar
    4. Make a nandroid backup in CWM
    5. Wipe data, cache,system etc
    6. Install rom in CWM
    7. Reboot and enjoy

Change log:

RebelROM 3.0.9:
    • Includes Jocalas latest kernel (1.8) Thanks jocala for all your work!
    • Battery percentage popups removed
    • Smart flashlight app included in /data/app for easy removal if not wanted (working led flashlight)
    • Screen capture fixed

RebelROM 3.0.8 By Camcory:
    • Theme and other fixes.

RebelROM 3.0.6 Milestone 2a:
    • Some more theme fixes..

RebelROM 3.0.6 Milestone 2:
    • Theme fixed 100% (I think) thanks toibanez7's theme "Ice Dark S" which helped me fix up RebelROM's theme.
    • OTA updater (update me) Integrated into Settings.apk, so it wont be in app drawer, check settings for "Update ROM"
    • Lidroid (14 toggles) removed for now, will properly implement it soon.
    • Call log FC fixed.

RebelROM 3.0.5 Beta 4
    • Some theme fixes (thanks Camcory!)
    • Model # should be fixed (From Galaxy W's to Exhibit II's)

RebelROM 3.0.4 Milestone 1
    ALOT! Check http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26428206&postcount=339 thats 3.0 Beta 2 features
    Milestone 1 also has OTA update ability, Stock Exhibit II camera App with ICS icon, ICS theme Domination by Vertimus, ported by camcory etc

RebelROM 2.1
    • CRT off
    • 1% battery meter
    • ICS transition animations
    • More apps themed
    • New messaging app

RebelROM 2.0
    • Bravia Engine
    • ICS app_process, system_server and sqlite to improve performance
    • Dialer themed
    • Some ICS icons

RebelROM 1.4
    • Everything working
    • Added AOSP music player (or was it cm7 :p i forget)
    • DSP manager from CM7
    • ICS message app added
    • Added App Process(Improves Performance) & System Server( Improves Scrolling) From ICS
    • and some other stuff i forget

RC1:
    Camera,kies and accelerometer fix

Beta 2:
    • Wifi FIXED
    • ICS themed XPERIA launcher
    • Messaging,Email and calender all replaced with AOSP apps
    • ICS themed music player and ICS calculator (more apps to be themed soon)

• Credits:
      [*]Camcory - Tester, and helped ALOT especially with theme, + Worked on update well i was away, 3.0.8 includes theme fix and more.
      [*]jocala- For everything he has done for the Galaxy Exhibit.
      [*]Philhull - Testers, helped alot as well
      [*]dennis96411 - Tester and helped get logcats etc :D
      [*]Zenpit - Tester, and also helped get logcats, also may be making custom boot animation and logo for rebelROM.com
      [*]aznrunner1881 - Tester :D
      [*]adamwardw3 - Tester and some screenshots
      Also of course thanks again to anyone involved in the Dev work above!

[*]Donations to put towards phone:
      [*]famous26 - $5
      [*]Niya Lee -$30 thank you so much
      [*]Simon Chung - $10
      [*]camcory - $10
      [*]jwsm - $10
      [*]Thank you all!! :D
      [*]
    I have $45 in serve.com $30 from other things, i putting all that towards getting an exhibit ii though
    3.0 Beta 2

How to install :
    (thanks robsaw for instructions)
    Follow this to get a well functioning RebelROM

Download:

1. First of all, install ClockworkMod Recovery for this phone:
    See this post - http://xdaforums.com/show...09&postcount=4

2. Install RebelROM 3.0.7
    • Copy 3.0.7 and 3.1 ROMs onto sdcard
    • Boot into CWM
    • WIPE everything in CWM (ROM, Data, Cache - before flashing the new ROM)
    • Flash ROM 3.0.7
    • Reboot
    • When it reboots, skip the first setup message that appears and use the powerbutton to reboot back into CWM

3. Install RebelROM 3.1 overtop of 3.0.7
    • From CWM
    • Do NOT WIPE ANYTHING
    • Flash 3.1
    • Reboot and you are done
    I will work on 3.2 eventually that will fix this, and be one zip

Tips and how to's :

Use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1451712 for general discussion about rebelROM

Previous stable release:
    RebelROM 2.1 http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Samsung_Exhibit_II_Developers/bpear96/RebelROM/Stable/

RebelROM 3.0 Milestone 1
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...evelopers/bpear96/RebelROM/Stable/Milestones/
    RebelRom 3.0.7

Ok here it is RebelRom 3.0.7 with fixes,Galaxy Exhibit splash,working update in settings. I first wiped usb in settings to clear out any junk. Then ROM wipe and wipe dalvik cache in CWM. Flash ROM takes a bit of time at startup. Just to be perfectly clear I am not trying to hijack this ROM it is bpears baby I had nothing to do in the development and porting of this ROM we should all give him a big thanks and I know in time he will be back to give us more goodies. Enjoy. Download
    We're funny enough to get rid of disrespectful people.
    Now focus on development.

Sent from my X8 using Forum Runner
    Thread reopened after cleaning.
    One user is banned. Flaming others and spamming the board isn't the most clever idea.