[Q] Bootloader then turns off. Can't get into recovery

Search This thread

Nirmalspeed

Jan 15, 2011
So basically i got the ICS Encryption unsuccessful error and now my phone wont get past the vibrant splash screen. I tried odining back to stock but it just goes to splash screen and then turns off. i cant get into recovery mode. please please pleaseeee help!

cotbu

Jul 16, 2009
jig or get to download mode
odin EUGENE373_SamsungS_Froyo_PDA (read directions)
then flash back to stock then try not too "brick" the unbrickable vibrant again.

Reactions: Nirmalspeed

Nirmalspeed

Jan 15, 2011
this does not fix the problem. the /data partition is the cause of the problem and i dont know how to fix it. repartitioning in odin doesn't fix it either. :/

Merio90

Dec 21, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Unfortunetly there is no fix as of now. The problem seems to be the internal flash memory 16gb is unable to mount. SD card (External) mounts perfectly fine as i was able to pull some files using adb commands. Hope you have a spare phone cuz there is no way to fix your phone as of today.

A warning to ICS rom users. You phone could potentially become paperweight so be extremely careful. You might want to consider using Gingerbread or some other rom other than ICS until someone finds a solution to this problem.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

and then what? anything i flash gets me bootloader screen. eugene's unbrickable rom gets me to stock recovery but buttons dont work in that rom to let me select anything.

The buttons in recovery don't work after flashing Eugene's rom.
You can only reboot your phone through the adb command:
adb reboot

Of course you must also have the android debugging bridge installed on your computer to issue these commands. Including the SDK. Good luck.

Nirmalspeed

Jan 15, 2011
i have two other vibrants in my family right now. what do you think i could do with those to fix mine?

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
OP, what ROM were you running when this happened intially? Also what kernel?

I have been reading most of the morning and am looking into some things. Alex's thread does show how to workaround the problem but it seems that the internal sd is lost (for now).

Since you are not the only one this happened to, I would like to know the above and see if it correlates to the others that this happened to in the Vibrant section. I'll post the same in their threads too.

Nirmalspeed

Jan 15, 2011
OP, what ROM were you running when this happened intially? Also what kernel?

I have been reading most of the morning and am looking into some things. Alex's thread does show how to workaround the problem but it seems that the internal sd is lost (for now).

Since you are not the only one this happened to, I would like to know the above and see if it correlates to the others that this happened to in the Vibrant section. I'll post the same in their threads too.

i was running ICS Passion 13 with the Kiss kernel that came with it. and i've looked around and many people with ics have gotten this problem both on our device and on the AT&T's captivate.

cotbu

Jul 16, 2009
If you loaded Eugene's rom, and are stuck at the recovery, don't wait so long to type that adb reboot command and don't unplug the usb just type the command. let the rom load then get the phone back in download mode and flash the stock rom.

Eugene's rom properly set up will fix your issue. try again!

Nirmalspeed

Jan 15, 2011
If you loaded Eugene's rom, and are stuck at the recovery, don't wait so long to type that adb reboot command and don't unplug the usb just type the command. let the rom load then get the phone back in download mode and flash the stock rom.

Eugene's rom properly set up will fix your issue. try again!

that wouldn't work as the /data partition isn't being red by the phone. Nothing happens when i try that command.

cotbu

Jul 16, 2009
These are the instructions, Eugene's rom write like a lowlevel format, either you are not following directions or you actually bricked the vibrant.
But....you say you've made it to Eugene's recovery if you did you should be good to go.

Okay, Now with the Caution Posted, Lets Begin with the Froyo that Don't Brick ;)

I have Tested this 5 Time's to Make Sure! Only install What I Post!

First,
You must already Have Odin installed & Know how to boot into Down-loader Mode!!

Do Not Select Repartition In ODIN Flasher

Quote:
Installing...
Extract the .zip file

Open ODIN Flasher, Select the Pit File.
Select Eugene373_GalaxyS_Froyo_PDA.tar
Select start..

Second,
Once Odin had Done Flashed, & you are in Recovery Mode you will not be able to Access anything & need to be at a Computer with Samsung Driver's installed & a working SDK pre-installed..

Side note: you will get an error in recovery, Don't be worried!!!! Ignore this!

Third,
Open a CMD Prompt & type:

Quote:
adb reboot

Froyo with Downgrading back to Stock Possible:
Download here > EUGENE373_SamsungS_Froyo_PDA.zip
*Stock Froyo with*
~ Root
~ SuperUser.apk
~ Build.prop now Correct
~ Defualt.prop Also Correct
*Issue's
Volume Key are Reversed

*Not working*
~ Rom Manager via reboot to Recovery!
~ Selectable Menu in Recovery
~ 3.5 Head-jack
~ Hot Spot Tethering

sorry for stressing but, I have a 4yr old that loves playing with the vibrant and I think I've brought it back from every brick situation possible. As long as the vibrant has power, it will not stop! xd!

Top Liked Posts