[KERNELS][5 APR] Repacked for InsertCoin Evolution 17.0.0

Search This thread

danhthuan269

Nov 18, 2011
Can u please elaborate, what you have exactly done?
Is it rebooting or stucked at boot screen?

firts i copy rom and bricked_onex_0.3 module to phone and reboot phone into recovery

1/wipe all (wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, wipe data/factory reset), then flash rom
2) While still in recovery, flash the bricked kernel modules (Bricked_onex_v0.3")
3)"fastboot erase cache"
4)"fastboot flash boot boot.img"
5)"fastboot reboot"
and stucked in boot screen

DanteGR

Dec 14, 2010
Thessaloniki
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 11
firts i copy rom and bricked_onex_0.3 module to phone and reboot phone into recovery

1/wipe all (wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, wipe data/factory reset), then flash rom
2) While still in recovery, flash the bricked kernel modules (Bricked_onex_v0.3")
3)"fastboot erase cache"
5)"fastboot reboot"

I suppose in aroma installer of the ROM you are choosing to full-wipe also right?

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore

3)"fastboot erase cache"
5)"fastboot reboot"
Don't do that!
Try this way,
-First go to bootloader, then flash the boot.img using fastboot,
-Next from there enter recovery and flash the rom with fullwipe and boot the phone completely.
-Now again go to recovery and flash the modules.

Just one thing, ensure, in a single step, you must only flash the rom zip in recovery and then reboot

Reactions: Alex4159 and srilu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, I am just posting all the custom kernels repacked for the latest InsertCoin Evolution.

What's Repacking, I never heard that on any other thread before?
    'Every developer make their own tweaks on their Rom and they will place it in a folder named Ramdisk which will reside in boot.img along with zimage which is the kernel. Repacking is nothing but packing the custom kernel(zimage) with the Ramdisk(provided by the Rom creator), to make it usable and compatible with the Rom.
    Desire and S2 or any other device which achieved s-off never need this, cause there you can directly flash zimage alone from recovery, here we can't'

2myc5es.png

Just in case, I am posting the modules too:).

Alex-V's S2W Kernel
    Alex-V
    Modules

KozmiK Kernel
    kozmikkick
    Modules

NCX-Kernel
    n3ocort3x
    Modules

TripNDroid Master Series
    TripNRaVeR
    Modules

XM-Kernel
    Xmister
    Modules

Stock Kernel
    Stock 3.17
    Modules

All these boot.imgs are only meant for InsertCoin Evolution.

Finally, Thanks for Baadnewz for such a beautiful rom.
    Thanks to all the kernel developers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]02/03[/B]
    -Added XM #179
    [B]01/03[/B]
    -Added all the Custom Kernels repacked for IC 15.6.0
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FAQ
    Code:
    [B]
    [SIZE="4"][COLOR="YellowGreen"][B]Extract the [COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="5"]Android.ZIP[/SIZE][/COLOR] attached to the post and place the boot.img you wanted to flash in the Extracted folder.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"]How to flash just the boot.img[/SIZE][/B]
    1. Copy the Rom zip to sd card
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Now flash boot.img using 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' and 'fastboot erase cache'
    4. Now enter the recovery and flash the Rom.
    [This process will be useful when you flash stock boot.img]

[B][SIZE="4"]How to flash the boot.img with modules[/SIZE][/B]
    1. Copy the Rom zip and the modules zip to sd card
    2. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Now flash the Rom and boot the phone
    4. Enter the bootloader
    5. Now flash boot.img using 'fastboot flash boot boot.img' and 'fastboot erase cache' commands
    6. Now enter Recovery directly from the bootloader and flash the modules zip.
    okay, in the meantime, i start my HOX in the fastboot modus :D
    Thanks for your work and your SPEED ... ;)
    Hey, Updated OP with Franco r6.
    How do we have to flash those things? First the boot.img and then InsertCoin 6.3.0?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk HD
    As your wish. But it will be more comfortable to follow this process, which will reduce 1 reboot time.
    1. Copy the Rom zip to sd card
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Now flash boot.img using 'fastboot flash boot boot.img'
    4. Now enter the recovery and flash the Rom.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Apparently it doesn't need to be repackaged. Franco said we would lose some of his ram disk tweaks.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    Just in case, updated the OP with Franco r7.
    Simpody said:
    What's the difference with this being packed for insert coin or just flashing the dev files?

why should all these kernel need to repack? can we just directly flash it from the original kernel? i really have no idea about it.
    can some one explain it?
    thanks?

The difference is, you're going to miss all the tweaks build by Baadnewz if you people flash the boot.imgs directly from the respective kernel thread.
    Every boot.img consists of zimage and ramdisk. I am extracting the latest Ramdisk from IC rom's stock boot.img and repacking it with all the individual custom kernels.