Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
Does this work on 4.2.2?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

I really don't know. You can only try.
I wouldn't do the flash method.
It might if you change your build prop to the galaxy nexus info in op, grab the one from the market . Get it set up and try the new one in the part one of the op.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~

$$$$$$$$$$$PayPal$$$$$$$$$$$

BlackHoleSlam

Nov 25, 2010
Houston
I really don't know. You can only try.
I wouldn't do the flash method.
It might if you change your build prop to the galaxy nexus info in op, grab the one from the market . Get it set up and try the new one in the part one of the op.

Well the flash I tried already and my NFC is gone from my settings.

BlackHoleSlam

Nov 25, 2010
Houston
This is 4.1.2. Hope you did a nandroid first.

I reflashed my rom. I'm going to try and do the build prop change.

Update: ha yes the build prop change worked. You can add this to the op I rebooted if I open Google wallet I get not supported but if doing a purchase you make the cashier hit credit and just swipe your phone and it works. Proof I work at RadioShack and just tested it.

Last edited:

killerdvd

10. Once you get the wallet fc or network error. Navigate to data/app and DELETE the Google wallet apk.
Reboot into recovery and flash part 2
http://www.blownco.com/DAFOXS/wallet_part_2.zip
11. Open Google wallet and let it set up. It may take some time.

After deleting the wallet apk from data/app and flashing the second zip. I can't find the app no where so I can't open it.

Update: I download back again the wallet from the market and now working like a champ. No fc or nothing Thanks.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: Norma Stitz

Esj618

Jul 23, 2012
Just tried method in post 2, after flashing zip and start google wallet for set up i get a message "Insufficient secure element priviliges for this image (release keys)".

Any ideas?

Note: I'm on stock Rom 4.1.1

Did you ever resolved this issue? I am having the issue at the moment.

aporada12

Feb 18, 2013
Elton
AT&T Galaxy Note 2 Issue

I see people saying buildprop.bak or buildprop.apk, well i dont have either. I have build.prop. I can get everything working, but when i change the 3 lines back to my samsung default, after rebooting, Wallet comes up with a message saying not supported. PLEASE HELP! i followed all the steps correctly.

killerdvd

I see people saying buildprop.bak or buildprop.apk, well i dont have either. I have build.prop. I can get everything working, but when i change the 3 lines back to my samsung default, after rebooting, Wallet comes up with a message saying not supported. PLEASE HELP! i followed all the steps correctly.

You don't supposed to change those lines back. Just leave it as a nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008

Really wish people read before asking. It only means it's rooted

aporada12

Feb 18, 2013
Elton
Really wish people read before asking. It only means it's rooted

this is what comes up after changing the 3 lines back to default. it wont let me into the app!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-21-20-47-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-21-20-47-30.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 201

aporada12

Feb 18, 2013
Elton
You did it wrong

what did i do wrong? i made a copy of the original build.prop then edited it. rebooted the phone. installed wallet. deleted the "build.prop" and changed "build - copy.prop" back to "build.prop" and restarted the phone. isn't that what the instructions said to do? also when i changed the 3 lines to the Nexus settings, i was not able to use my S-Note features!

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
what did i do wrong? i made a copy of the original build.prop then edited it. rebooted the phone. installed wallet. deleted the "build.prop" and changed "build - copy.prop" back to "build.prop" and restarted the phone. isn't that what the instructions said to do? also when i changed the 3 lines to the Nexus settings, i was not able to use my S-Note features!

First time users need to do the 2 flash method

Sass86

Jul 2, 2011
Boston, MA

Its not working for me either. 1. Nandroid 2. Turn on nfc, flash part two. 3. Open wallet (says it will take up to five minutes then stops working after a second and says the app stopped working, no fcs)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

aporada12

Feb 18, 2013
Elton
Its not working for me either. 1. Nandroid 2. Turn on nfc, flash part two. 3. Open wallet (says it will take up to five minutes then stops working after a second and says the app stopped working, no fcs)

I FOUND THE FIX, just go to the Sky Note ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2093870) and follow the instructions for google wallet down toward the bottom of the page. 2 Flashes and your done. Works like a charm! Already used it twice! Credit goes to "geek wana-b"

Reactions: Sass86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Transparent or inverted wallet depending on what rom your on.

u3atage5.jpg

Most have a working wallet first.

For folks that have wallet working already do this
    Rename your current wallet in system app to GoogleWallet.apk.back
    Drop the new one in system/app
    Fix permissions
    Reboot
    Done
    Part 2

For those that have never had a working wallet on there phone do this

Once you get it working and want the new one, do part 1

Read instructions very carefully and download the 2 files before starting

YOU ASSUME AND TAKE ALL RISK
    YADYADA

1 . DO A NANDROID, reboot and turn nfc on
    2. Flash part 1
    http://www.blownco.com/index.php/doc_download/237-wallet-part-1-zip

3. You will get a few nfc crashes and some slow screens, just keep hitting ok.
    4. Open Google wallet and wait for it to do its thing. Again keep clicking ok on the nfc crashes. When Google wallet is done you will either get a wallet fc or a screen saying you don't have network connection.
    5. At this point navigate to system/app and DELETE the wallet apk
    6 . Navigate to system, open the build prop in text editor and change these 3 lines to exactly:

ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

This will automatically create a backup of the original buildprop

7 . reboot
    8. Download Google wallet from the market
    9. Open wallet and let it do its thing. Wait for the fc or network error, click through any nfc fc.

For some of you, it may just work at this point.
    You're done then

10. Once you get the wallet fc or network error. Navigate to data/app and DELETE the Google wallet apk.
    Reboot into recovery and flash part 2
    http://www.blownco.com/index.php/doc_download/238-wallet-part-2-zip
    11. Open Google wallet and let it set up. It may take some time.
    12. Once your all set up, navigate to system and delete the buildprop.apk and rename the buildprop.bak to buildprop.apk. If you don't see the bak one edit the existing one back to

For ATT users only
    ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    ro.product.device=t0lteatt

Any other carrier, I have no clue. Be smart and keep a copy of the original someplace safe

13. Reboot.
    14. Done
    Another guide for wallet? How many do we need?

At least 1 more. Is it killing you. This one happens to make the other three allot easier and since I started the other 2, does it matter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    I'll have a 1 zip working method out tonight
    Real easy

Im on Rogers in Canada, Google wallet is not available in the play store. However, I have seen the quick pay terminals and really want to give this a go. Does anyone know of another source for the Google wallet apk?

This is the market version of wallet. It is the one you put in data/app. Side load it there, fix permissions, reboot. Start app, it won't work. Just open it for a few seconds and continue on with the steps above
    http://www.blownco.com/DAFOXS/com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel-1.apk