[Q] Newer build TF701t docks confirmed defect free?

Search This thread

malos1984

Aug 19, 2011
what annoys me is the dock s not heavy enough, as in it falls back wards. i was thinking larger battery and a bit thicker, happy to pay a bit more for it too.

Reactions: pelago

spyroo

Nov 30, 2006
PARIS
I have been using a 11/2013 for a week, And absolutly no problem !

Sent from my TF701 FR using xda premium

david90531

Dec 19, 2013
Got my dock today. 2013. 11, no issues of disconnecting and the wobble is better than my TF201 so I'm happy with it. I did see flickering once, hopefully they will address that in an update. BUT, the biggest issue for me is that the USB 3.0 port DOES NOT read my USB 3.0 sticks!! Did I miss some settings here? It reads my wireless mouse and my USB 2.0 sticks but when I stick in my USB 3 stick it has no response what so ever like it didn't recognize anything.... Also, after I remove my wireless mouse, the cursor with the touchpad disappears.
Any advice on these?

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
Got my dock today. 2013. 11, no issues of disconnecting and the wobble is better than my TF201 so I'm happy with it. I did see flickering once, hopefully they will address that in an update. BUT, the biggest issue for me is that the USB 3.0 port DOES NOT read my USB 3.0 sticks!! Did I miss some settings here? It reads my wireless mouse and my USB 2.0 sticks but when I stick in my USB 3 stick it has no response what so ever like it didn't recognize anything.... Also, after I remove my wireless mouse, the cursor with the touchpad disappears.
Any advice on these?

I have not tried usb3 sticks but I can tell you that the dock will not work with a mobile hub to view more than 1 Usb drive. You can run a mouse and a usb stick but it only read 1 drive on the hub.

Last edited:

marcmarshall

Apr 20, 2010
Providence
No, I am just using one USB stick, and the weird thing is the USB 2.0 sticks would work, but not the USB 3 ones

I mention my experience just to verify that there is a problem with the usb host. I also experienced loss of the touchpad after the usb host fails to recognize a device.

I am on my 6th dock. The latest is a 11/2013 manufacture date and it also has disconnect problems. I think Asus completely blew it with these. I'm amazed they got released as they are. They must have they heads up their butts.

david90531

Dec 19, 2013
I mention my experience just to verify that there is a problem with the usb host. I also experienced loss of the touchpad after the usb host fails to recognize a device.

I am on my 6th dock. The latest is a 11/2013 manufacture date and it also has disconnect problems. I think Asus completely blew it with these. I'm amazed they got released as they are. They must have they heads up their butts.

I see... yeah it is a shame. So far I have no disconnection between the tablet and the dock, and the response is good. But the fact that a USB 3.0 port doesn't even read a USB 3.0 stick will be the factor that I RMA this for another dock to try... hopefully it won't fix the issue and create another.

Nixus_Maximus

Jun 13, 2011
I see... yeah it is a shame. So far I have no disconnection between the tablet and the dock, and the response is good. But the fact that a USB 3.0 port doesn't even read a USB 3.0 stick will be the factor that I RMA this for another dock to try... hopefully it won't fix the issue and create another.

I read that you tried several flashdrives? I don't have a USB 3 flashdrive, but I just tried my USB 3 cardreader in the dock and it works flawlessly. So maybe it is either a specific problem with your dock, or maybe a firmware / driver problem that it cannot read your sticks.

Flense

Nov 23, 2011
Sounds a little bit strange. My Lexar 32 GB USB 3.0 flash drive works flawlessly, so I don´t think there is a general firmware issue.

david90531

Dec 19, 2013
Yeah I believe so... I wonder if it could be the tablet's problem. I will go exchange a dock first today, I believe that store has another Nov dock

david90531

Dec 19, 2013
Got my 2nd dock. 2013.10; thought I would give it a try anyway. The USB 3 port now reads USB 3 sticks fine, but yes the problem with the connection is apparent like most people stated here. When I move the tablet around or change the angle of the screen, it disconnects and including the USB port also stops functioning then it reloads again.
So October docks have connection issues, and November docks have USB port issues. I am going to wait for a Janurary batch....

david90531

Dec 19, 2013
Has anyone tried to send in their tablet/dock for repair at Asus service center? Any success with that? I just contacted them online, and the guy says to send it in for repair if they are under warranty. But then I will have to pay the shipping cost...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    On the transformerforum someone got a tablet with dock with production date 2013.11.
    He reports that the flex is nearly absent and it connects more firmly.
    Also the connection problem didn't popup.
    Good news but now waiting for more people with the same experience.

Sent from my superfast Asus Infinity TF701with Dock
    Sorry if dumb question, but how can i check my dock build date?
    thanks

Date is on the box where it came in.

Sent from my superfast Asus Infinity TF701with Dock
    I received my 6th keyboard a few days ago from Amazon. I was happy to see I finally got one with a manufacture date of 11/2013. I immediately inserted an SD card and tried moving the viewing angled. I did not see the SD card disconnecting and reconnecting so was hopeful.

Last night I noticed that the dock was not charging the tablet. I had to disconnect and replace the tablet in the dock 5 or 6 times before the widget showed the tablet charging.

This morning I tried viewing a video file on the external SD card in the dock. Changing the viewing and repeatedly caused loss of the data connection and the video player to crash.

Fail :crying:

I had the TF101 since it came out and was happy and had none of these problems. I now have had 2 of the tablets and 6 of the docks. I really want the TF701 to work for me but think I need to give up on this device find another option. I might try replacing dock or both dock and tablet again just because I want the tablet/dock combo and I am stubborn.
    what annoys me is the dock s not heavy enough, as in it falls back wards. i was thinking larger battery and a bit thicker, happy to pay a bit more for it too.
    In most countries in Europe the TF701 comes with 2 year pickup and return warranty.
    That is why it is picked up and returned by a courier paid by Asus.