[Rom\Miui] Nimiui-1.12.9

Search This thread

quynhnt

Apr 21, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
Xiaomi 12 Pro
1. everything works, and works quickly, one flaw though, apps heavy on ram (youtube, google maps, tvcatchup) are causing hot-reboots sometimes, or foreground apps are being killed without any notification(no FC's) It's like ( I suspect) android has some problems freeing up memory by killing background apps... (51MB free after 2days use) Maybe I should find out how to include more aggressive supercharging script...
2. sd-ext partition works "out of the box' 55MB of 900MB in use

Kremx : its not miui problem.I added a memory optimization script that system will automatic kill the apps if low memory. If its a problem I will remove it for the next release. The release already charged with super charger V6 with multitasking. If you want more option, use FuFu OR minimod and execute supercharger script from Menu.

Sent from my Milestone using xda premium

kremx

Aug 14, 2010
Kremx : its not miui problem.I added a memory optimization script that system will automatic kill the apps if low memory. If its a problem I will remove it for the next release. The release already charged with super charger V6 with multitasking. If you want more option, use FuFu OR minimod and execute supercharger script from Menu.

Nah, mate You're doing excellent job, keep it up. Those are not major flaws, phone is good enough for everyday use, always I can let miui launcher to be killed (not kept in memory) if low on memory, that should give ~20meg extra, just will have to wait for it to load up again. After fresh reboot ~60 free, then andriod starts caching apps. Pity that google services keeps restarting all the time (google maps sh1t) So they're uninstalled (and few others) but just in case kept as a back-up in Titanium backup. Cheers!

akantoch

Jan 9, 2010
System_server memory leak

Please, i'm asking You again to help me solve problem with system_server service. IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS SOME MEMORY LEAK, THAT CAUSES LAG WITH LONG USING OF THE PHONE. CM7, CM6 and even CM9 doesn't have this problem, ram used by this service is kept on the same level in this rom. I love the look of MIUI and the only thing that is a problem is groving memory usage of this service. Now i am using Miui4 from android hilfe, and even this version doesn't have this problem, though it has lots of different issues. Please, can someone check this, or write me have to solve this. Google did't help:(:(:(

kremx

Aug 14, 2010
Please, i'm asking You again to help me solve problem with system_server service. IT LOOKS LIKE IT HAS SOME MEMORY LEAK, THAT CAUSES LAG WITH LONG USING OF THE PHONE. CM7, CM6 and even CM9 doesn't have this problem, ram used by this service is kept on the same level in this rom. I love the look of MIUI and the only thing that is a problem is groving memory usage of this service. Now i am using Miui4 from android hilfe, and even this version doesn't have this problem, though it has lots of different issues. Please, can someone check this, or write me have to solve this. Google did't help:(:(:(

allrighto, what values d'ya need?
1day use | | reboot
vss 55388k 54288k
rss 52156k 51052k
pss 37594k 21776k
uss 32428k 28336k

Vss = virtual set size
Rss = resident set size
Pss = proportional set size
Uss = unique set size

And Guys what the hell is Telocation provider? rss 50000k!!! AND 11%cpu!

Last edited:

akantoch

Jan 9, 2010
:( so there must be a problem with my phone i think. But thank You for answer, i have more than 40 mb after a few hours in USS and this is my dead line. But i've used latest version of miui from us with polish update. Soon i'll try again version from this forum. Thank You again;)

Sent from my Milestone using XDA

Vatazhka

Jul 13, 2010
The Polish update (I believe you're referring to the one from miuipolska.pl...?) contains a number of tweaks and modifications, not just translations and dictionary. Please report a bug on their support forum, since some of these additions may be cause the memory leak you observed.

Sent from my Milestone

akantoch

Jan 9, 2010
I know, i've written to them some time ago, and they didn't help. Now i'm on CM7 want some peace, then i'll try again MIUI, which is the one rom i like the best:) thanks guys

studjuice

Feb 23, 2010
St. Louis
there's no need for a script. If u have a proper EXT2 partition, works out of the box (at least for me) . 'bout the boot loop, try full wipe (also ext, cache, dalvik) in the recovery. to make sure all wipes, flash rom then wipes again :cool:

I'm having the same problem hwithv is about boot loops. I'm wiping everything seperate and checking ext/fat but it still won't work. I noticed talk about ext2 here and so I'll try messing with my sd card to see if it's related. (I'm pretty sure I have ext4, wonder if it's related)

Edit: yep. Removed my sd card and booted. it got stuck on the boot screen, rebooted itself, then booted into miui. I'll try to figure out later what about the sd card puts it into a boot loop if I get bored.

Edit edit: while it does boot to the home screen, it will only last 5 seconds before freezing and going into a bootloop

Last edited:

zeletrik

Nov 23, 2010
Debrecen
games always crashed.. (with ChainFire3D) [for example: Angry Bird (normal & space) , Fruit ninja...etc. so not a high pretension games]
any fix or solution?

Last edited:

studjuice

Feb 23, 2010
St. Louis
For me this freezes about 5-10 seconds after it boots. When i type 'adb devices' it comes up with a string of number but next to it instead of saying "device" it says "offline", and I am unable to do a logcat.

quynhnt

Apr 21, 2011
Ho Chi Minh City
Xiaomi 12 Pro
For me this freezes about 5-10 seconds after it boots. When i type 'adb devices' it comes up with a string of number but next to it instead of saying "device" it says "offline", and I am unable to do a logcat.

You may have trouble with Motorola MTP USB Device driver same as me. It failed to install. It happens to many people when I do a google search and now it's still an unsolvable problem.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

even after a full wipe - stuck on motorola logo...

Me work even dalvik cache wipe only not yet try the full wipe

dstruct2k

Jan 31, 2008
Winnipeg
Google Pixel 4
You may have trouble with Motorola MTP USB Device driver same as me. It failed to install. It happens to many people when I do a google search and now it's still an unsolvable problem.
You could always try setting up a second installation of Windows on a seperate HDD/partition and seeing if you can get your drivers working there if you're not willing to reinstall your main OS. Chances are good that something has been broken in your copy of Windows that's not letting the drivers work.

I can play Angry Bird space but if play for a long time it got rebooted.Miui is not a rom that you can choose for playing game.

I don't think it's MIUI... Our Milestones are designed around Android 2.0, they're a few generations behind current devices, and most new apps expect you to have at least 512 MB of RAM in your device. There's not much more that can be done with what we have.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nimiui​
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Nimiui Version 1.12.9
    Available here

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Nimiui Version 1.12.2
    Available here

Nimiui Version 1.11.25
    Changlog:
    - Removed MyNet.apk
    - Removed miliao.apk
    - Removed MIUIStats.apk
    - Added Miui Compass
    - AD Free
    - Changed heap size to 24m (Androids Default)
    - App2EXT (Kabaldan)
    - Autoboot OR (Kabaldan)
    - improved init.d scripts
    - RTL fix (roenano)
    - Theme change is now working!
    - 4 way reboot is not included since it isn`t out yet and its not that important.

Download:
    http://www.multiupload.com/CJZ8E9GLTO
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~--~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    Nimiui Version 1.12.9

Changlog:

- Removed MyNet.apk
    - Removed miliao.apk
    - Removed MIUIStats.apk
    - Added Miui Compass
    - AD Free
    - Changed heap size to 32m
    - App2EXT (Kabaldan)
    - Autoboot OR (Kabaldan)
    - improved init.d scripts
    - New self-made script for tweaking memory and more.
    - RTL fix (roenano) *
    - 4 way reboot
    - Keyboard fix (thanx!)
    - hebrew in the dialer \ contacts*
    - media_profiles improvements
    - 3G speed improvements
    - 1% battery (roenano) - optional

* rtl fix and Hebrew in the dialer are optional!
    ** עברית מלאה בתקווה תשולב בגרסא הבאה **

Full wipe is highly recommended!

Download:

RTL and Hebrew dialer Version - Here

Normal Version - Here

1% Battery - Here

Again, I wont be here for the whole week so, hope you wont have too many bugs, and if you do - write them so i`ll know.
    While waiting for nim come back from holiday. I just combined my own miui version based on latest release 2.1.13 with the same features from nim's version + extra tweaks & mods from KosToM & Miui MODs forum at www.miuiandroid.com.

Download link: miuiandroid_Milestone-2.1.13.zip
    http://www.multiupload.com/IUGK4DMFJ4
    Warning: Use it at your own risk!
    Miui​
    Changlog Version 1.12.09 (from miuiandroid):
    Code:
    System:

Optimisation of setting the alarm. The process was forced to stop (Press Back key, Task Manager forced to stop etc) Alarm clock will still ring / alert
        Fix third-party applications, the system cannot adjust the ringer volume
        In some cases fix delete, send notice of phone restart due to application problems

Phone:

In some cases fix is not effective to switch between airplane mode

Messaging:

Optimisation of new messages notification in the upper right corner of contacts, choose to add recipient, do not directly input from pop-up

Themes:

Fix problem with lockscreen replacement style (including wallpaper support) option displays the wrong information

Music:

Fix problem where album art cannot be automatically downloaded

Gallery:

Optimisation of multi-frame GIF animations, you can now play all GIF animations frames
        Fix saving of Mms attachments when using GIF file format, only saving first frame as a Jpeg file

Weather:

Optimise the weather icon
    Changlog Version 1.12.02 (from miuiandroid):
    Code:
    System:

Optimisation of user guide prompt, clicking the menu button will turn the prompt off to avoid interference with phone functions
        Special SIM card optimisation support (Mione only)

Keep reading for full list of changes…

Phone:

Fix in some cases the recording is not automatically ended when the call is finished

Lockscreen, Status bar and notifications:

Lock screen display support for third-party application data parameters queries and dependencies
        Optimisation of call answering to avoid problem operations of the lockscreen functions
        Fix lunar calendar information cannot be displayed
        Fix lockscreen does not display the number of unread messages

Gallery:

Optimise gallery select a contact picture does not appear when using the video option
        Optimisation of the SD card tab to choose wallpapers, filter out videos and only show pictures

Music:

Fix problem where lyrics cannot be automatically downloaded and matched to chosen song

Changlog Version 1.11.25 (from miuiandroid):
    Code:
    System:

Fix in some cases the phone automatically restarts (Mione only)

Lockscreen, status bar and notifications:

New lockscreen 2.0, Support for content providers, any third-party applications can read data provided by the content provider and display. At the same time added better logic to select the function
        Optimisation of lockscreen digital screen image shows the way with a convenient source of production and support for picture animation

Camera:

Optimisation of the “Reduce flicker” camera mode settings value
        EXIF camera fix time saved details when using the local time instead of UTC time to ensure that the majority of third-party applications can display the correct time the photo was taken
        Fix problem selecting effect in camera settings did not display the selected effect
        Fix for camera effects e.g. “Nostalgia”, selecting effect and returning to the camera did not show selected effect, only “effect”

Gallery:

Optimisation of image detail page to show EXIF information. If the file does not contain EXIF data the last modified time details are shown
        Optimisation of the SD card tab, display list of photos, picture detail showing 24-hour clock time
        Fix third-party applications to open illegal file names e.g. .txt into .jpg leading to FC problems

Browser:

Optimisation of HTML5 full screen video playback and hiding of the status bar
        Optimisation for back button to browse the web control process
    Hey, i know that my last 2 versions were not the best - i didnt have the time to test them .
    this week i`ll test them for a dew days and then i`ll release.