[ICS] should they stop working on it

Search This thread

oodork123

Nov 28, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
I've been following the ics project since after my birthday (11/27/11) and a lot has changed but when it comes to (FFC) it came to me that its not gonna work till maybe after the summer or never, whenever HTC gives out the code bit what's your opinion about the ics for the EVO 4G?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

ben.nesheim

Nov 30, 2010
Duluth, MN
plus.google.com
ummm my opinion on it is that if they dont want to they shouldnt. It will give us an awesome rom but more importantly that means our wonderful devs are learning stuff. this means that in the future they can use these experiences to help them in work or in other aspects of there personal lifes. so dev on guys you are doing great :)

Reactions: teh roxxorz

Dan330

Apr 16, 2008
htc will release the code.. because it is an open source project. when is the question, not if.

ics will come..

drewmonge

Jan 2, 2012
HTC may release the FFC code for our OG's as soon as they sell enough of their newer devices.

They seem to be dragging their feet in releasing the official ICS updates for the Evo 3D and the Evo Design when they said they would, but they're holding it back, why? Cuz they want to sell enough of the One series models before they officially update the older HTC models that are scheduled to be updated with ICS.

Its kinda crappy of HTC to do that, but hey, they're a "for-profit" business.

But in answer to your question, heck no they shouldn't stop developing ICS for our OG Evo's! This sh*t is fun as hell. ;)

From AOKP b31 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Last edited:

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Yeah, I don't get why a thread was started for this. But why should devs abandon ICS on Evo? Because they can't get FFC to work!? I've been on ICS since the minute they got camera working (around Xmas), and could NEVER imagine going back to GB or Froyo (well, ...maybe froyo).

Keep up the awesome work, all who are working on ICS for Evo.

tomzefi

Yeah, I don't get why a thread was started for this. But why should devs abandon ICS on Evo? Because they can't get FFC to work!? I've been on ICS since the minute they got camera working (around Xmas), and could NEVER imagine going back to GB or Froyo (well, ...maybe froyo).

Keep up the awesome work, all who are working on ICS for Evo.

I flashed outer depth express from, which is a great rom , just for ****s and giggles and let me tell you I haven't tried sense for about a year now and if you want to appreciate ics, flash a sense rom and you will see y we won't look back.....omg.....

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium

tomzefi

Wow I should know that, but I've never used mine so I never thought of it. But really why would they stop ics for that.

That's my point. This thread makes no sense. Ics development for evo is extremely active. Don't understand the creation of this thread.

PsiPhiDan

Oct 27, 2011
Plainfield
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hahaha. Let's see... These devs have given us some of the smoothest ROMs our phones have ever seen, with incredible battery life and cutting edge features...

But if I can't look at myself in my phone with a FFC, what's the point??

:rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

tomzefi

Hahaha. Let's see... These devs have given us some of the smoothest ROMs our phones have ever seen, with incredible battery life and cutting edge features...

But if I can't look at myself in my phone with a FFC, what's the point??

:rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using XDA

Hell no. I am ugly. I don't want to see myself anyway.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
The evo is EOL(end of life) HTC doesn't have to support it any longer meaning they won't release any source for it as they are not working on ICS for the device. Hardware mfgs may release source for the same hardware in other devices, like they did with the adreno or the devs may code their own drivers. But don't expect HTC to do a damn thing for the evo, period.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

oodork123

Nov 28, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
All I'm saying we have a lot of people love the ics Rom but some people hate it cause no 4G. But let me tell one thing about the ics it came a lot since then and like some people who are poor or they don't make a lot of money, its hard to keep up with ics roms when the last two months the biggest change was 4.0.4 which is like starting all over again. Don't get me wrong with the debate about their work, its freaking amazing, but the biggest break through will be the ffc. Closest to that is from a horse ride to a plane ride experience

Kevtrooper

Mar 25, 2012
Springfield
I don't think that they should stop working on the ICS ROM's. I went from Sense to Ice Cream Sense to ICS and having ICS on my phone is like having a brand new phone. We don't have 4G in our area, and the front facing camera I hardly used. I am using gummyWorms ICS right now and so far had no major problems with it. There are minor glitches sometimes but, that is no big deal. I hope that the ICS developers can get everything working and I know that it will take time to do so. I appreciate all of their hard work in bringing us some ICS goodness to our phones. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This doesnt belong in the Android Development section, belongs in GENERAL.
    HTC may release the FFC code for our OG's as soon as they sell enough of their newer devices.

They seem to be dragging their feet in releasing the official ICS updates for the Evo 3D and the Evo Design when they said they would, but they're holding it back, why? Cuz they want to sell enough of the One series models before they officially update the older HTC models that are scheduled to be updated with ICS.

Its kinda crappy of HTC to do that, but hey, they're a "for-profit" business.

But in answer to your question, heck no they shouldn't stop developing ICS for our OG Evo's! This sh*t is fun as hell. ;)

From AOKP b31 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    ummm my opinion on it is that if they dont want to they shouldnt. It will give us an awesome rom but more importantly that means our wonderful devs are learning stuff. this means that in the future they can use these experiences to help them in work or in other aspects of there personal lifes. so dev on guys you are doing great :)
    I don't follow ICS what is FFC?

Front facing camera

im somewhat with the OP in regards to ICS still lacking major features, but aside from that I want development to continue. I 'm no where near the end of my contract. I'm still 380+ days from a $150 discount. I wont go near an ICS rom because of a somewhat OCD i have with phones. I like the option of having every feature available to me, no matter how much i use it. So no 4G yet? No FFC yet? No ICS staying on my EVO! GB is for me!
    I'm waiting for it to get there though.