Install htc one x drivers on Windows 8

Search This thread

rushingdog

Feb 24, 2010
Naked City
dude i dint even install the drivers it worked windows 8 is a champ.at drivers

Champ with drivers?
So you must be one of the lucky ones, in terms that MS is friendly with your computer manufacturer.

I have Asus G73jw-A1 and Win 8 x64 Ent was clueless in a lot of areas. No MultiCard slot detection, No USB 3,a lot of BT problems,
but what most is important is (that what this Forum is about) no HTC Android devices.

I have T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide and Nexus One.

So this thread here helped me a lot.

For the time being I'm using "MyphoneExplorer" for basic syncing.
Note: If anyone download "MPExplorer" even from the official site must be unblocked via properties dialog first before installation

machv5

Sep 4, 2012
Drunken Duncan
Basically installing windows 7 drivers on windows 8

Because when u install HTC sync their r no specific drivers for windows 8 so the driver folder is empty

1. jump on a windows 7 computer 32 or 64 bit the same as the windows 8 computer
2. download this the htc drivers HTCDriver install them
3. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver copy the files and put them on the windows 8 computer
4. windows key + r to open the device manager then look under the other devices right click htc than update driver
5. click browse my computer for driver software then browser and find the drivers from the windows 7 computer
6. it well install and work fine

05525ffaff514af17ddcfca28e8b257d91ed91d338b85292a49a542cbad3d8bc6g.jpg

if u can't get on a windows 7 computer the 64bit drivers are here Driver Files
and start at step 4

Adb works fine HTC sync doesn't

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

Outstanding thank you for the help

Zoide_

Sep 27, 2009
Just FYI, I think the latest version of the HTC Sync Manager officially supports Windows 8.

enemyrex

Aug 7, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4
i recently upgraded to windows 8 pro 64 bit but since the upgrade ive had stability problems i found a clean install of the OS helped and then i found that the new htc sync worked with out a problem including drivers.

Afzalzada

Mar 10, 2012
Kabul
Thanks a lot it worked for me like a charm. Don't know how to thank you as you deserve it. :thumbup::)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Cyb0rgz

Jan 2, 2012
Chennai
Thank you so much! Was searching for Drivers for windows 8 for Quite long time and finally got one. Many Thanks mate!!

arknailed7754

Dec 28, 2010
The Matrix
When I installed 8 I kept everything and all drivers for my one x were fine. My sons galaxy s though a different story. Kept doing that gadget rubbish so had to use the have disk mdthod

gwuhua1984

Nov 5, 2010
Los Angeles
If you're on stock JB, I believe the phone itself has the drivers built in. I noticed that when I had to re-install drivers for my One X on Window 7 computer at work and Window 8 at home.

Last edited:

bharaniviswan

Oct 14, 2012

Because when u install HTC sync their r no specific drivers for windows 8 so the driver folder is empty

3. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver copy the files and put them on the windows 8 computer
4. windows key + r to open the device manager then look under the other devices right click htc than update driver
5. click browse my computer for driver software then browser and find the drivers from the windows 7 computer

and start at step 4

thank you...

JUburton

Oct 27, 2012
What can you do if the phone doesn't show up in device manager? I think I have my drivers all set up correctly but I can't update them since it's not showing up in device manager. I recently upgraded from W7 to W8 and it disappeared. I'm on 4.2.2 CM10.1 and I've since uninstalled and reinstalled Sync Manager. Is there any way to get the One X to show up in my device manager? The only thing I have is 'Android USB Devices -> My HTC'...nothing in my 'Other devices'.

Vcek

Aug 27, 2011
Simril
I just downloaded the drivers from htc.com and everything worked fine (i uninstalled htc sync later because I hate it)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

and start at step 4

You can download HTC Sync Manager from http://www.htc.com/uk/software/htc-sync-manager/#download which can be installed on Windows 8 (although it may not run properly!).
    This will install the correct HTC Drivers (32 or 64 bit) v3.0.0.023 which are later than the driver above.
    If you don't require Sync Manager then that can be uninstalled afterwards without uninstalling the drivers.
    If htc driver without above solution won't installing why my htc driver on widows 8 install and work .

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Maybe because HTC updated HTC Sync and Sync Manager last month and they included drivers that work on windows 8 ;)