Replacing Speaker Grilles

Search This thread

munraf

May 24, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I know some of you have the issue of the lifting speaker grilles. I just want to let anyone who has this same problem know that they are rather simple to replace. If anyone needs the parts they can be found here:

http://www.etradesupply.com/htc/android-models/htc-one-m8-replacement-parts.html

Shipping was expensive, but it arrived to New York from China in about four days which was impressive. Build quality of the replacement parts is excellent. I cannot tell the difference from the original. My old one was bubbling in places and scratched. After some heating using a hair dryer and a little peeling, the old one came right off and i put the new one on. It already had adhesive on the part. I just hope this sticks and doesnt bubble.

D

DinoSoup

This is not a question. Please in the future use the general thread.

doublehp

Jul 14, 2009
Thank you; I will bookmark this link. Good to know where to buy parts like these. Some can be found on Ebay, others are rare.

Doughnut

Jan 13, 2008
Not at all pointless, I've damaged my speaker surround (the black outline) removing the grill the other day (Shawarma fat went over my phone) anyway I've sorted it and now the black surround looks funky.

As it goes I want a silver version of the M8, so I'll be ordering the silver body and grills, not at all a pointless thread.

:good:

Reactions: munraf

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Not at all pointless, I've damaged my speaker surround (the black outline) removing the grill the other day (Shawarma fat went over my phone) anyway I've sorted it and now the black surround looks funky.

As it goes I want a silver version of the M8, so I'll be ordering the silver body and grills, not at all a pointless thread.

Imo it's basically a post with a link that has already been posted several times and nothing else. :rolleyes:
It would have been nice to have seen results.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know some of you have the issue of the lifting speaker grilles. I just want to let anyone who has this same problem know that they are rather simple to replace. If anyone needs the parts they can be found here:

http://www.etradesupply.com/htc/android-models/htc-one-m8-replacement-parts.html

Shipping was expensive, but it arrived to New York from China in about four days which was impressive. Build quality of the replacement parts is excellent. I cannot tell the difference from the original. My old one was bubbling in places and scratched. After some heating using a hair dryer and a little peeling, the old one came right off and i put the new one on. It already had adhesive on the part. I just hope this sticks and doesnt bubble.