[Q]Problems installing CM7 on Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830

Search This thread

Manawyddan

Jan 3, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post such question.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace (GT-S5830) and I still have Android version 2.2.1 installed on it.
I would like to install Cyanogen Mod 7, but I'm having a few problems.

This is the first smartphone I've attempted to modify.

The phone is at the moment unlocked(it was locked to Vodafone Portugal, but I've unlocked it before attempting to modify anything).

I followed the instructions on the Cyanogen MOD wiki page.

But now I'm having a bit of an issue at the moment!!

I was only able to complete the 1st part of the instructions, installing ClockworkModRecovery kernel, but when I try to do the instalation of CM7 itself, I'm unable to!!

If I press Home+Power and release once the Samsung screen logo appear, the screen gets stuck on the phones Samsung logo, doesn't do anything, doesn't go to recovery mode, I waited about 30 minutes and then had to press Power and then it reboots.

If I press Home+Power+Volume Up I get to the 'RAMDUMP ARM9 Mode' screen, doesn't do anything else, pressed Power for a very long time, doesn't power off, had to remove the battery.

If I press Home+Power+Volume Down goes to Download mode, but doesn't do anything either!!! Power off does't work, had to remove the battery aswell!!

This means I'm unable to get to the second part and install CM7!!!

Good news is that if I just press Power to turn the phone On, and let it load, it still works, I can still enter the PIN number, etc, so the phone is still working properly!!!!

I've double checked the applications that I have installed and 'CWM Manager' is showing as installed, but needs SuperUser access to function.

I haven't rooted the phone, and now anything that requires to try to boot in recovery mode is out of the question, because of course I can't get to recovery mode.

I've also tried to root the phone using SuperOneClick

No go!!

Also tried Instant Root:

No go!!

Also tried using Odin Multi Downloader v4.38, but doesn't do anything, it says couldn't find device.

All applications were copied to the phone's sdcard and running from there.

Does anyone know if I can use 'adb' from the Android SDK to root the phone? And how I can do that?

Can someone please provide some more information regarding this?

I have no idea what else to try!!

Thank you very much,

Ricardo,