Adonit jot - the best capacitive stylus in existent

Search This thread

goodintentions

Aug 14, 2010
I highly recommend it. It is by far the best one out there. Way better than the new dagi p602. It's incredible. I'm amazed how much better it is than everything else I have tried.

Added by edit 3/17/2012

A lot of people have been asking about the conductive grease. The following is the one I use and it works great. Also cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-OX-100B-Anti-Oxidant-Compound/dp/B000BODU66/ref=pd_sim_e_16

You can also find conductive grease at local hardware stores, like home depot. Just ask an associate. I think you can get one as cheap as like $1.75.

Last edited:

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Where do they sell it? The website only shows preorders

Also.. what's the different between jot and jot pro....is it just the grip?
Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

goodintentions

Aug 14, 2010
You can "preorder" to order right now. Someone's been too lazy to update the website.

The only difference between the jot and jot pro is the pro has a magnet for you to stick it to the ipad. For our purposes, just get the jot.

I've been using it. Holy cow, it feels 99% like a real pen with ink. It's incredible how good the damn thing is. Insanely accurate, too.

Reactions: finalhit

lrissman

Oct 3, 2010
What notes program do you use with it that "it feels just like a pen"?

Sent from my Transformer TF101

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
Cool...decided to waste 25 bux(dunno why I bought one...I really have no need for this.

Anyway...any idea on my wait time to socal?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
I tried a few different stylus, but on the TF these stylus' did not perform anything like a pen.

I realized I am looking for a digitizer, not a capacitive touch stylus, which are two different technologies. :(

I am looking for a "dual" tablet, with capacitive touch and digitizer. :)

goodintentions

Aug 14, 2010
I tried a few different stylus, but on the TF these stylus' did not perform anything like a pen.

I realized I am looking for a digitizer, not a capacitive touch stylus, which are two different technologies. :(

Trust me, the adonit jot might as well be a digitizer.

Elektra said:
Yes, this has to be the right answer on my stupid and probably pretty complicated question...
Your questions don't make sense. Hard to answer.

Just look at it this way. Suppose I tell you I love my tablet, and you ask the question "can I bat a ball in a baseball game with the tablet?"

Elektro666

Mar 20, 2011
Zemun
Your questions don't make sense. Hard to answer.

Just look at it this way. Suppose I tell you I love my tablet, and you ask the question "can I bat a ball in a baseball game with the tablet?"

I just asked on which video particularly did you mean when sad “Watch the video”, but never mind, I found a lots of YouTube adonit jot reviews, and it seems that adonit jot is one pretty good stylus. Did somebody test adonit jot vs. dagi P503? They look very similar and I wondering which one is better…

(Sorry for my grammatical error, but I hope that everybody can understand what am I writing :confused: )

goodintentions

Aug 14, 2010
I just asked on which video particularly did you mean when sad “Watch the video”, but never mind, I found a lots of YouTube adonit jot reviews, and it seems that adonit jot is one pretty good stylus. Did somebody test adonit jot vs. dagi P503? They look very similar and I wondering which one is better…

(Sorry for my grammatical error, but I hope that everybody can understand what am I writing :confused: )

I own half a dozen different styli, including the dagi p500s and p600s. My problem with the dagi is that they all go dead in about 2 months. I had this happen to me to several dagi styli, and I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

That said, the biggest plus about the adonit jot is that there's no friction between the stylus and the glass. It really does feel like using a pen.

earlyberd

Mar 29, 2010

Return your Transformer and get the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet. It has both capacitive touch and a digitizer, and an optional keyboard dock.

Having owned a tablet PC in the past with an actual Wacom digitizer, there is no comparison, even with the best capacitive stylus that money can buy. Don't waste your time with capacitive-only devices if you're going to be doing a lot of work with handwriting or drawing.

Reactions: Magnesus

goodintentions

Aug 14, 2010
Return your Transformer and get the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet. It has both capacitive touch and a digitizer, and an optional keyboard dock.

Having owned a tablet PC in the past with an actual Wacom digitizer, there is no comparison, even with the best capacitive stylus that money can buy. Don't waste your time with capacitive-only devices if you're going to be doing a lot of work with handwriting or drawing.

Well, might I dare say that your experiences with capacitive styli in the past never included an adonit jot, since it just came out just now?

I've worked with a wacom digitizer before, too. Trust me on this. There's a reason why I posted this thread. The adonit jot really does feel like a real pen. And might I dare say that it actually feels better than a digitizer.

What puzzles me is why no big brand names have done enough research to come to this point before. We had to wait for this no-name company to have done enough research to provide us with something as wonderful as this.

I know, you probably don't believe me how good this stylus feels. Try it. I'm not kidding when I said this feels 98% or so like a real pen. The response and accuracy are simply astonishing.

earlyberd

Mar 29, 2010
Well, might I dare say that your experiences with capacitive styli in the past never included an adonit jot, since it just came out just now?

I've worked with a wacom digitizer before, too. Trust me on this. There's a reason why I posted this thread. The adonit jot really does feel like a real pen. And might I dare say that it actually feels better than a digitizer.

What puzzles me is why no big brand names have done enough research to come to this point before. We had to wait for this no-name company to have done enough research to provide us with something as wonderful as this.

I know, you probably don't believe me how good this stylus feels. Try it. I'm not kidding when I said this feels 98% or so like a real pen. The response and accuracy are simply astonishing.

It's not about feel and accuracy, it's about additional features built into the pen and digitizer. Capacitive screens don't offer pressure sensitivity, and the pen only has one business end. Arists and designers need pressure sensitivity and at least an "eraser" end on the pen in order to do their work quickly and efficiently, and it's even better if the pen has some built-in programmable buttons. The Adonit can get the job done for the occasional doodle and handwritten note, but some people rely on a pen for 40+ hours of their week, which is why digitizers exist in the first place.

goodintentions

Aug 14, 2010
It's not about feel and accuracy, it's about additional features built into the pen and digitizer. Capacitive screens don't offer pressure sensitivity, and the pen only has one business end. Arists and designers need pressure sensitivity and at least an "eraser" end on the pen in order to do their work quickly and efficiently, and it's even better if the pen has some built-in programmable buttons. The Adonit can get the job done for the occasional doodle and handwritten note, but some people rely on a pen for 40+ hours of their week, which is why digitizers exist in the first place.

You're right, of course, in this respect. I should have have said for all intents and purposes of a capacitive device such as the TF, the adonit jot stylus is perhaps the best option for hand written notes and art works.

As far as responses and feel, I still say the adonit jot feels and gets a better response from the tf than the digitizer pen I have worked with in the past. This really is an amazing product.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If anything, this thread is a perfect demonstration why I'd rather shoot myself in the head than do anything with sales.
    I highly recommend it. It is by far the best one out there. Way better than the new dagi p602. It's incredible. I'm amazed how much better it is than everything else I have tried.

Added by edit 3/17/2012

A lot of people have been asking about the conductive grease. The following is the one I use and it works great. Also cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-OX-100B-Anti-Oxidant-Compound/dp/B000BODU66/ref=pd_sim_e_16

You can also find conductive grease at local hardware stores, like home depot. Just ask an associate. I think you can get one as cheap as like $1.75.
    Should have gotten an ipad.

How is that relevant and or helpful?

Yes because i wanted to pay more for half the horse power half the functionality and have ios5 which looks like a said Chinese copy of honeycomb.

Are you serious?...............twat

Any help on my actual question is appreciated thanks :)
    Just never mind. Go with the typical fat-ass rubber tip. Or even better. Go get an ipad.

Yes, this has to be the right answer on my stupid and probably pretty complicated question...
    skipping issues solved

So i've bought both the adonit jot classic and the new jot pro. Both of them started skipping a few days after i got them, this is on my tf101.
    I sent adonit support an email and they've been nice enough to send replacement disks for both the pens. Didn't solve anything...
    I was just about to give up and move on, then i found this great app that changes touch screen sensitivity. The trial version is available on google play here: TouchScreenTune.
    There are different versions for galaxy note, s2, etc.
    The trial thing means it won't remember settings after you turn the screen off and back on. It isn't really that big of a deal, so just stick to trial, because the way to purchase the full version is kinda sketchy... the dev wants you to send him money via paypal, and he'll send an email with the reg code.
    Anyway, it solves skipping and makes the stylus way more precise, even without using capacitive paste on the tip of the stylus.
    Hope this helps anyone who's annoyed with the pen, also adonit ;)

--
    Remember to press the thanks button if i helped.