[Q] Charge a phone with a 5.3v charger

Search This thread

BSwap

Dec 2, 2013
I recently bought a power bank from my phone which has an output voltage of 5.3V/1000mA, but the stock charger has an output voltage of 5V/500mA. Now, I've two questions.....

Is it safe to use the power bank to charge my phone?

Will it affect the battery life of my phone?

PradeepMurugan

Oct 2, 2013
Karur
It will slowly affect your battery since the voltage is high
I recommend you to use the one with same output voltage

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Power bank is safe to use but the problem is you are getting a bit high voltage

BSwap

Dec 2, 2013
But, on the battery of my device, it's mentioned that the 'Max Charging Volt.' is 4.2V, though the included[stock] charger supplies an output voltage of 5V. So, I hope it won't affect my device if I charge it with a 5.3V power bank. :)

Sent from my Gionee P3 using xda app-developers app

BSwap

Dec 2, 2013
But, on the battery of my device, it's mentioned that the 'Max Charging Volt.' is 4.2V, though the included[stock] charger supplies an output voltage of 5V. So, I hope it won't affect my device if I charge it with a 5.3V power bank.

Sent from my P3 using xda app-developers app

BSwap

Dec 2, 2013
It will slowly affect your battery since the voltage is high
I recommend you to use the one with same output voltage

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Power bank is safe to use but the problem is you are getting a bit high voltage

But, on the battery of my device, it's mentioned that the 'Max Charging Volt.' is 4.2V, though the included[stock] charger supplies an output voltage of 5V. So, I hope it won't affect my device if I charge it with a 5.3V power bank.

Sent from my Gionee P3 using xda app-developers app

fusionstream

Account currently disabled
Sep 28, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
The "charger" that comes with your phone doesn't actually charge your battery.
What it actually does, is supply power to your phone, which has a charger inside it, which charges the battery.

As for 5.3V, it is close enough to the USB power spec to be alright to use with your devices.