[REQ] Hover / peek better blacklist

Search This thread
Dec 25, 2013
Hi, I've been using Hover for a bit and am loving it. The only slight gripe I have about it is that when I get a message through Facebook messenger, it always shows me the "chat heads active" notification before the actual message. What would be really useful is if you could blacklist these hidden (permanent? Not sure what the word is, see the attached picture) notifications that come from some apps (Google Now does it too) but still allow "normal" notifications through. This would also be really useful with peek: I'm assuming that whenever I get a Google Now notification like this, saying the weather or something my device is waking up to poll sensors etc. This isn't necessary, but I don't want to blacklist the whole app as other notifications (reminders etc.) are useful and I'd like to be able to Peek at.
Sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense, it's rather hard to describe. I know hover and peek are relatively new features and I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, but if possible it would be great :)
Thanks for all your great work on this ROM! :)

WilliamMRees

May 1, 2013
Hi, I've been using Hover for a bit and am loving it. The only slight gripe I have about it is that when I get a message through Facebook messenger, it always shows me the "chat heads active" notification before the actual message. What would be really useful is if you could blacklist these hidden (permanent? Not sure what the word is, see the attached picture) notifications that come from some apps (Google Now does it too) but still allow "normal" notifications through. This would also be really useful with peek: I'm assuming that whenever I get a Google Now notification like this, saying the weather or something my device is waking up to poll sensors etc. This isn't necessary, but I don't want to blacklist the whole app as other notifications (reminders etc.) are useful and I'd like to be able to Peek at.
Sorry if this doesn't make a lot of sense, it's rather hard to describe. I know hover and peek are relatively new features and I have no idea how hard this would be to implement, but if possible it would be great :)
Thanks for all your great work on this ROM! :)

Long hold notification > App Info > Blacklist > Blacklist from Hover/Blacklist from Peek

Sorry, got ahead of myself.

Last edited:

EStt

May 31, 2014
in fact the google now notification is not a persistent one, just it does show up very frequently, and sadly there is no option on which updates we'd like to receive

had the same problem with facebook messenger, just blacklisted the whole app because as there is a chat head hover notification would be useless