[Q] no service after root, trying to get my regular phone bacl

Search This thread

ViiRuZ

Feb 28, 2014
I'm pretty sure I made a rookie mistake and I'm facing the conscience. Last night I was need of rooting my phone (at&t galaxy note II i317) using Kongo Android to get superUS and everything was going fine, I still had all my stuff, service and everything, so I decided to add a custom ROM (cm-10.1.3-tOlteatt), wiped everything and I ended up in a bad situation, I forgot to back up my phone so I lost all of my contacts, lost my service provider so I have no signal, and can't download any apps because I don't have play store. . . If anyone knows to way to help solve this PLEASE HELP ME. . . all I want to do now is find a way to uninstall all this rooted stuff and go back to my regular functioning galaxy s note II :(

THANK YOU FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Last edited:

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California
I'm pretty sure I made a rookie mistake and I'm facing the conscience. Last night I was need of rooting my phone (at&t galaxy note II i317) using Kongo Android to get superUS and everything was going fine, I still had all my stuff, service and everything, so I decided to add a custom ROM (cm-10.1.3-tOlteatt), wiped everything and I ended up in a bad situation, I forgot to back up my phone so I lost all of my contacts, lost my service provider so I have no signal, and can't download any apps because I don't have play store. . . If anyone knows to way to help solve this PLEASE HELP ME. . . all I want to do now is find a way to uninstall all this rooted stuff and go back to my regular functioning galaxy s note II :(

Let's turn the frown upside down..... How's it going ??

Reactions: ViiRuZ

ViiRuZ

Feb 28, 2014
Check here for help:thumbup::
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49616709
You can also look here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41340941
And you should have used this for your rooting needs...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33854391
And from the sounds of it, you downloaded the wrong Rom for your phone! And it's always bad skiing stuff late when we're tired. That's when we run into problems. It's called late night flashing:eek::mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation but I've previously tried the method, but my phone always failed to download (even when it wasnt rooted) would u have any other way of solving it without having to use odin. . . my phone is currently stuck in recovery mode so any help trying to get out of it would be helpful. .thank you for your time helping me solve my issue

rangercaptain

Oct 27, 2010
West Coast of California
Put the correct ROM on your external sd card with a PC adaptor. Install the card, boot into recovery, wipe system and data, then install the correct ROM. Boot, let rhe phone settle in for a few minutes, connect to wifi, or check if the correct ROM has the at&t APN settings.

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
Thanks for the recommendation but I've previously tried the method, but my phone always failed to download (even when it wasnt rooted) would u have any other way of solving it without having to use odin. . . my phone is currently stuck in recovery mode so any help trying to get out of it would be helpful. .thank you for your time helping me solve my issue

Ranger is correct, try doing what he suggested.

But not really understanding what you have tried from your post.....

Which method, and what does fail to download?

Do you mean fail to get into download mode, and you only can get into recovery?

Are you doing this to get to download mode?

Put your Note 2 in Download Mode

-First you will need to turn off your device.
-Once it’s off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button.
-Keep them pressed until the download mode shows up.
-Once you’re there, you will be required to press volume up to enter the download mode or volume down to cancel and reboot the device.

Obviously you want to press the volume up. Now you are ready to ODIN flash.

ViiRuZ

Feb 28, 2014
Put the correct ROM on your external sd card with a PC adaptor. Install the card, boot into recovery, wipe system and data, then install the correct ROM. Boot, let rhe phone settle in for a few minutes, connect to wifi, or check if the correct ROM has the at&t APN settings.

i will be sure to try this method whenever i get my hands on an SD card adaptor. What ROM would be best to download for the correct at&t APN settings? i would look but my past luck has been failure.

Thank you for your help

ViiRuZ

Feb 28, 2014

-Once it’s off, you need to press this button combination: volume down, power button and home button.
-Once you’re there, you will be required to press volume up to enter the download mode or volume down to cancel and reboot the device.

i would have tried ODIN for this situation but everytime i do. It says "FAILED" how would you suggest i fix this so that my phone can use ODIN. I was going from cyanogenMod to a custom ROM, but i assume i didnt flash the old ROM and now i kinda stuck in a bootloop like it'll show the samsung intro then show the customROM emblem stays there. I've left it in that state for a whole night and it didnt change (still showing the custom ROM emblem) the only thing i can do is enter TWRP v2.6.3.1 and access my external SD.

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
i would have tried ODIN for this situation but everytime i do. It says "FAILED" how would you suggest i fix this so that my phone can use ODIN. I was going from cyanogenMod to a custom ROM, but i assume i didnt flash the old ROM and now i kinda stuck in a bootloop like it'll show the samsung intro then show the customROM emblem stays there. I've left it in that state for a whole night and it didnt change (still showing the custom ROM emblem) the only thing i can do is enter TWRP v2.6.3.1 and access my external SD.

I don't understand this ....... It says "FAILED" What is failing ?

What are you flashing?

ViiRuZ

Feb 28, 2014
I don't understand this ....... It says "FAILED" What is failing ?

What are you flashing?

Sorry bout that. . just tried to connect my phone to ODIN in ODIN MODE. I'll update with what happened.

Just got done trying to flash with ODIN, and it got the part where it starts to install but 4 mins. in my device was removed. I was using the PDA from sammobile.com, and now my phone is saying "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again." i know it might be as simple as actually doing what it says but Kies will not recognize my At&t samsung galaxy note II. What would u suggest to let my laptop recognize my device??

Last edited:

ViiRuZ

Feb 28, 2014

Thank you for your time helping me with my phone issue. I took the steps you suggested, now im running custom ROM jellybean 4.1.1. and got my service provider back. If you could suggest away to get my stock program and upgrade to jellybean 4.3. I had fun with the rooted life but i make the worst mistakes.

PS. i found it to be alot easier using the other tar. in the firmware u suggested me to use. At least for At&t Samsung Galaxy Note II

Last edited:

ViiRuZ

Feb 28, 2014

So i just flashed my at&t Samsung galaxy note II with jellybean 4.1.1 using Odin ( ATT_I317UCAMA4_I317ATTAMA4) and it was going on with everything working. Then i tried to update to jellybean 4.3 after it got done installing it rebooted, and what do u know, i'm stuck in boot loop the Samsung galaxy note 2 logo, and cant access recovery mode. Also I tried the original firmware that used repeatedly,would that hurt the system. Would there be any firmwares suggested to use.

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
So i just flashed my at&t Samsung galaxy note II with jellybean 4.1.1 using Odin ( ATT_I317UCAMA4_I317ATTAMA4) and it was going on with everything working. Then i tried to update to jellybean 4.3 after it got done installing it rebooted, and what do u know, i'm stuck in boot loop the Samsung galaxy note 2 logo, and cant access recovery mode. Also I tried the original firmware that used repeatedly,would that hurt the system. Would there be any firmwares suggested to use.

So you did the OTA update to 4.3?

I've been where you are lots of times.... :D

Try post #2 from here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618447

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check here for help:thumbup::
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49616709
    You can also look here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41340941
    And you should have used this for your rooting needs...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=33854391
    And from the sounds of it, you downloaded the wrong Rom for your phone! And it's always bad skiing stuff late when we're tired. That's when we run into problems. It's called late night flashing:eek::mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Let's turn the frown upside down..... How's it going ??

So you did the OTA update to 4.3?

I've been where you are lots of times.... :D

Try post #2 from here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618447