im tired of the I9300 getting all the good stuff >:(

Search This thread

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
all i see is I9300 gets this I9300 gets that! bla bla wile we I710 users are at a standstill!
now i dont know how many I710 devs we have here but im sure you guys are tired of it as well.
Its like one brother getting more stuff then the other brother, spec wise i am aware that the I9300 has the quad core and the exynos chipset thing going on but they lack ram! we have 2gb they only have 1. and when it comes to android OS especially JB and above processor is not everything android os is getting lighter believe or not so dual care is plenty for now and where it counts even RAM footprint is lighter with kitkat.
now i have been developing for the xperia play for some time now but now i have moved on to this galaxy s3. despite the knowledge i have from xperia play, Xperia and Samsung are very different hardware and software changes so that being said i am a noob again now relearning the android basics for the galaxy S3. now im not sure how hard it is to port to the galaxy S3 but i have tried and im stuck at bootanimation. but back to topic I want to learn to port roms from the I9300 to our I710 so that we also can enjoy the latest updates. I encourage other devs to also give it a try:good:
just my 2 cents:D

Reactions: Ainz_Ooal_Gown

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
all i see is I9300 gets this I9300 gets that! bla bla wile we I710 users are at a standstill!
now i dont know how many I710 devs we have here but im sure you guys are tired of it as well.
Its like one brother getting more stuff then the other brother, spec wise i am aware that the I9300 has the quad core and the exynos chipset thing going on but they lack ram! we have 2gb they only have 1. and when it comes to android OS especially JB and above processor is not everything android os is getting lighter believe or not so dual care is plenty for now and where it counts even RAM footprint is lighter with kitkat.
now i have been developing for the xperia play for some time now but now i have moved on to this galaxy s3. despite the knowledge i have from xperia play, Xperia and Samsung are very different hardware and software changes so that being said i am a noob again now relearning the android basics for the galaxy S3. now im not sure how hard it is to port to the galaxy S3 but i have tried and im stuck at bootanimation. but back to topic I want to learn to port roms from the I9300 to our I710 so that we also can enjoy the latest updates. I encourage other devs to also give it a try:good:

The I9300 is an unlocked GSM phone with no carrier affiliations. The phone is available in Korea...where Samsung is as well as the rest of the world. International, unlocked phones will ALWAYS get everything first or exclusively. You are in the Sprint forum...a CDMA, carrier update driven device. For this device to get similar features it needs to either be requested by Sprint, or suggested by Samsung...then approved by both, then to also meet any federal specifications if it affects the telephone/transmitting function at all. In order to do proper ports you need device trees, which in the past for AOSP ROMs has been driven by Cyanogenmod. You have seen that they have now gone commercial..with all the work they have put into every device, good for them. But that means less time and effort put into work on older devices. If you look in Themes and Apps you will see S5 this and S5 that, or Android L this or that.... apps and themeing elements can be ported more easily as piecemeal things. You will find that if you switch to a GSM carrier and phone you will be able to also use most I9300 ROMs. CDMA is a different animal.

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
The I9300 is an unlocked GSM phone with no carrier affiliations. The phone is available in Korea...where Samsung is as well as the rest of the world. International, unlocked phones will ALWAYS get everything first or exclusively. You are in the Sprint forum...a CDMA, carrier update driven device. For this device to get similar features it needs to either be requested by Sprint, or suggested by Samsung...then approved by both, then to also meet any federal specifications if it affects the telephone/transmitting function at all. In order to do proper ports you need device trees, which in the past for AOSP ROMs has been driven by Cyanogenmod. You have seen that they have now gone commercial..with all the work they have put into every device, good for them. But that means less time and effort put into work on older devices. If you look in Themes and Apps you will see S5 this and S5 that, or Android L this or that.... apps and themeing elements can be ported more easily as piecemeal things. You will find that if you switch to a GSM carrier and phone you will be able to also use most I9300 ROMs. CDMA is a different animal.

thanks for clearing some of that up for me.
But i was wondering, at the current time i dont care about phone data or signal because my phone is not activated at the moment and i dont know if i want to. does this make it easier to port roms to my sprint phone or do i still run the risk of bricking?

so far the basic and most important rules i know about porting to the galaxy s3 is dont downgrade the bootloader/modem and make sure to edit the meta-inf update-script to the correct blocks to avoid bricks.

Last edited:

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
But i was wondering, at the current time i dont care about phone data or signal because my phone is not activated at the moment and i dont know if i want to. does this make it easier to port roms to my sprint phone or do i still run the risk of bricking?

so far the basic and most important rules i know about porting to the galaxy s3 is dont downgrade the bootloader/modem and make sure to edit the meta-inf update-script to the correct blocks to avoid bricks.

That sounds about right. You might also need a compatible kernel so as not to have wrong device trees.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

ReapersDeath

Dec 6, 2011
Washington
Why is there complaints about this? Last I checked the International version is incapable of handing kitkat due to ram yet us with 2gb of ram already have it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That sounds about right. You might also need a compatible kernel so as not to have wrong device trees.