[ROM] UPDATE!!! [FroYo Fusion 2.5] [Android 2.2 | 8/18/10] [Sense and Senseless]

Which ROM version would you be most likely to use?

• FroYo Fusion with HTC Sense - already built

Votes: 115 38.0%
  • FroYo Fusion "Senseless" - already built

Votes: 107 35.3%
  • FroYo Fusion - less/no HTC apps (android dialer, keyboard, contacts, etc) - not built

Votes: 81 26.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

FusionX

Nov 15, 2008
NY
FroYo Fusion

Hi all, as I have moved away from Windows Mobile and over to the "dark" side of Android I have decided to continue developing custom ROM's and I have released my first FroYo rom!!!

First of all thanks to Flipz, Netarchy, Toastch, OMJ, dsixda for his kitchen and anyone else that may have helped that I forgot (hopefully not though!)

Special thanks to D/\SH for his youtube review, found here

Also, thanks to all of the beta testers and for your positive feedback!!!!

Features:

Android 2.2 FroYo 3.26.651.6
DeOdex'd | Rooted | zipaligned
Kernel 2.6.32.15
HTC Sense
Removed Most Sprint Bloatware
This ROM is signed and should work with all recoveries

You will need to be fully rooted to run this rom.

How to Fully Root - perform parts 1 & 2

Steps to Install this ROM

1. Download ROM
2. Nandroid backup your phone
3. Wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik
4. Flash ROM from SD card
*If you haven't flashed the updated radio or wimax then continue, otherwise you are all set!
5. Boot into ROM then reboot into recovery
6. Flash updated radio
7. Reboot, update Profile and PRL and reboot into recovery
8. Flash updated wimax
9. Reboot, update Profile and PRL and enjoy your new ROM :)

OPTIONAL 10. This is not specific to this ROM it is applicable to the phone in general Calibrate Battery

By no means is it required, but if you appreciate my work feel free to buy me a beer :)

Code:
Version 2.5+++++++
Updated GMail
Updated VoiceSearch
Updated Facebook
Updated Titanium
Updated SuperUser
Fixed apps not updating on market!

ROM DOWNLOAD HERE
- HTC Sense Version 2.5

SENSELESS VERSION HERE - Version 2.5

You will need to have the latest radio and wimax updates which you can find here courtesy of OMJ. Thanks OMJ!

Baseband 2.15.00.07.28 Radio DOWNLOAD

Wimax DOWNLOAD

snap20100804091826.png
snap20100804091853.png

snap20100804091940.png
snap20100804092117.png

With a modded kernel from Netarchy you can accomplish these kind of results (overclocked 10 1.15ghz). Bite that Droid X & Nexus One ;-)

Here is a link to that kernel so you can flash it after you install the ROM. As always do a nandroid backup before flashing the kernel. One thing you should note is that the kernel limits the megapixels of the camera to 3.0. Other than that i have not had any issues running that kernel.

snap20100819113500.png

I have not had any issues running this rom or any of the linked apps, mods, kernels or software in this post. But as always I am not to be help responsible for anything that happens to you, your phone or anything else related should something go wrong

Older Versions

Sense 2.4 - HERE
Senseless 2.4 - HERE

Sense 2.3 - HERE
Senseless 2.3 - HERE

Last edited:

FusionX

Nov 15, 2008
NY
Current Known Issues and Fixes if Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddark4eva View Post
So sprint released Voicemail upgrade an on ur sensless rom it wont install...any suggestions? I havent tried ur sense version (cus i hate sense) but it installed fine on DC3.5 an Fresh. I dont care for the upgrade but the notification icon wont go away even after the installation fails.

Sent from Canadian Jigsaw's barn cus he got all the Rush records.
Remove the voicemail app with Titanium or do it manually but clear data first...

install this apk that i've attached.

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=383629&d=1282228299

Last edited:

FusionX

Nov 15, 2008
NY
Great job!

Will this have the 8 mp camera and WiFi tether working?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

yes to the 8 mp camera and no to the wi-fi tethering (waiting for the developers of the app to update)

although if you want wi-fi tethering install the netarchy kernel but you will then only have 3.0 mp camera.... its your choice ;-)

EDIT: wi-fi tethering works with stock kernel and netarchy as of now. :D

Last edited:

rumessingwitme

Oct 28, 2007
NY
Rom is uploaded!!!! Enjoy, you will NOT be disappointed.

EDIT: Homescreen screenshot updated... since I ban sense I used my wifes phone for screenshot, don't hate her sense of style ;-)

Can you explain some things that you added and or took away to enhance our Evo's ?? Boot.img, Screen Locks.... Any customization ???

Thanks it looks nice !!! Great Job !!!!

arozer

Jun 11, 2010
Atlanta
Welcome to Android family. =]
D/ling this right now and will post results within half hour.

Edit:
Using sense:
Just like it says. Very stable, very smooth. All bloatware removed (kept only the minimals.) 38.573 best MFlops so far but on an average around 34, for me.

Everything else seems to respond fairly well.
Front camera works, back camera works. Don't have 4G in area to test but DOES go on into "scanning.."

Very nice and clean. Will be keeping this.

Last edited:

FusionX

Nov 15, 2008
NY
Can you explain some things that you added and or took away to enhance our Evo's ?? Boot.img, Screen Locks.... Any customization ???

Thanks it looks nice !!! Great Job !!!!

Took out all the sprint "****" that slowed the rom down. Tweaked the power settings and cleaned up /system. This rom should be clean, stable and speedy. You can easily remove sense by deleting /system/app/... Rosise.apk, HtcLocationPicker.apk and HtcLocationService.apk. Use a root file explorer or ADB Shell to do this.

I prefer LauncherPro verse sense myself but that's just my opinion. As always do nandroid backups and use titanium backup!

EDIT: You can download the senseless version in order to save yourself the trouble.

Last edited:

rumessingwitme

Oct 28, 2007
NY
Took out all the sprint "****" that slowed the rom down. Tweaked the power settings and cleaned up /system. This rom should be clean, stable and speedy. You can easily remove sense by deleting /system/app/... Rosise.apk, HtcLocationPicker.apk and HtcLocationService.apk. Use a root file explorer to do this.

I prefer LauncherPro verse sense myself but that's just my opinion. As always do nandroid backups and use titanium backup!

Im going to check it out now :)

Thanks for the hard work !!

pongoface

Jan 13, 2008
From Rochester as well here. Were you getting 1300 quad with sense? I'll give your rom a shot here. Thanks

FusionX

Nov 15, 2008
NY
From Rochester as well here. Were you getting 1300 quad with sense? I'll give your rom a shot here. Thanks

nice to see a fellow rochesterian here. my quad benchmark was with sense disabled... i've grown quite fond of launcher pro! I also achieve 38 MFLOPs with linpack. I'm very impressed with this FroYo build so far. I may have to "break into" my wifes phone and test that as well. she still has sense installed. hahahaha :cool:

EDIT: let me correct that... 40.009 MFLOPS

Last edited:

arozer

Jun 11, 2010
Atlanta
Thanks, I look forward to your review. :)

Wow. Is there a mirror up for this yet?
MegaUpload has failed me 6 times now. Gets about 80% and then loses connection.

I'm anxious yo try this out because it sounds GREAT but wth!

Now I got "d/l limit exceeded:" notice.
Gotta wait 10 more mins AGAIN.

FusionX

Nov 15, 2008
NY
Wow. Is there a mirror up for this yet?
MegaUpload has failed me 6 times now. Gets about 80% and then loses connection.

I'm anxious yo try this out because it sounds GREAT but wth!

Now I got "d/l limit exceeded:" notice.
Gotta wait 10 more mins AGAIN.

really? i'll have to upload to a mirror then lol!

cjcamilla

Sep 20, 2008
Long Island, NY
One quick question, do I need to flash the radio and wimax update if I have them already?

I've been flashing the new radio and new wimax update every time I install a new rom. Just want to make sure if I still have to do it or not, just wanna save some time.

ForrelZ

Jul 31, 2010
Huh?!

Getting an error trying to flash this:

Verifying update package...
E:Wrong Digest:
system/build.prop
E:Verification failed

Any idea what that means?

pongoface

Jan 13, 2008
So here is my quick review. Very snappy and stable. I was able to get 1330 quadrant on stock kernal with sense and 1275 with netarchys kernal at the same 998mhz. I believe that htc new kernal when released is going to be nice. I find the new stock faster at the same 998mhz. Stock kernal was giving better mflops as well at 998mhz. However, when netarchy's kernal was overclocked to 1125mhz I was able to get 1400 to 1453 quadrant on sense and 45 mflops.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Camera Trouble

Nevermind.... problem suddenly unexplainably solved itself.