[ROM][t769][Galaxy S Blaze 4G ][OFFICIAL] CM11 [4.4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
You are right. The setting doesn't matter. I just had crappy signal. Strange that the option still doesn't show though. Could be confusing to
n00bs like me...

I thinks its because so many devices use at least 4g..its now the default..the other options will help with battery drain and such as well (should one choose to use it on 4g,LTE)

sent from my slimmed down i577 using Tapatalk (cause xda premium app sucks)

Last edited:

dledwith2

Feb 23, 2011
Tampa, FL
What's the reasoning behind using outdated radios? Is there some know issue that I should be aware of? I'm on Baseband version T769UVMB1.

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
What's the reasoning behind using outdated radios? Is there some know issue that I should be aware of? I'm on Baseband version T769UVMB1.

As far as I know, it's a personal area preference. If the radio you're using works for you in your area, stay with it. But on a different radio you might get stronger service, your data might stay at H+ instead of jumping around, etc. For me, after I flashed 11 official, I had to go to U5 because the U1 didn't give me service. I could reflash and see if it works now (which I probably will at some point). But no, there's no issue that I'm aware of.

The U5 is recommended by Uber, that's the only reason it's popped back up on here.

dledwith2

Feb 23, 2011
Tampa, FL
In my case there was an echo using a newer radio.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using xda app-developers app

Good to know, thanks. I haven't experience any issues myself. I just flashed the stock ICS rom less than a month ago to get the most current radio and everything else from Kies before I moved over to CM11. I did a hash check of the latest rom files on Samsung-updates.com if you ever want to try the current radio again. Or I would be happy to pull mine for you if you provide instructions.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

As far as I know, it's a personal area preference. If the radio you're using works for you in your area, stay with it. But on a different radio you might get stronger service, your data might stay at H+ instead of jumping around, etc. For me, after I flashed 11 official, I had to go to U5 because the U1 didn't give me service. I could reflash and see if it works now (which I probably will at some point). But no, there's no issue that I'm aware of.

The U5 is recommended by Uber, that's the only reason it's popped back up on here.

Thanks for the quick feedback. I gave the benefit of the doubt to the carrier and assumed they fixed something by releasing a newer radio even though I wasn't having any known issues. I think I may be getting better battery life since I switched but I wouldn't swear to it. I also live pretty close to a tower.

Reactions: njstein

lanrrydon

Nov 7, 2012
TRY ThIS

You can try this *#*#4636#*#* code to switch between H+ (WCDMA) or E (GSM)
Click on phone you gonna have different options to choose from

WCDMA ONLY : This will be only for 4g with out changing
WCDMA PREFERED : This will switch between H+ and E but will stay on H+ more than E
GSM PREFFERED : This will switch between H+ and E also but will stay on E more than H+
GSM ONLY : Well you should know what this is already.....

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

so right now i'm on 4.3, when updating to 4.4 do i need to install the new 4.4 recovery first?

Yes you gonna need that .. Just flash the recovery provided on this thread on your normal 4.3 recovery Then follow the steps providing in OP to flash your rom and join the team.. LOL..

Reactions: champ784

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
Thanks everyone for chiming in and helping each other :good: .. Its great to see this thread so active.. ;)
Everything everyone has said rings true..The radios do sometimes cause an echo..and Yes you NEED to be on 4.4 recovery for it all to work right..Everything is different on 4.4..(hence the time to release functions,The whole roms need to be rebased)

OneBiggBoss

Apr 12, 2013
so right now i'm on 4.3, when updating to 4.4 do i need to install the new 4.4 recovery first?

Don't quote me on this but I believe that you should update to the latest one just in case. I used Rom Manager to update mine when coming from 4.1.2 over to KitKat, although I had to pay 1.99, I had no problems whatsoever updating. But I am not using this version of 4.4 I am using Carbon 4.4 Build 11 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2535862 . I just kept seeing in a couple places that you should update recovery. Although I seen a couple direct links for 4.4 recovery.img and zips I stayed away from those since I'm still a noob and just used Rom Manager. I'm at latest recovery version

Device - Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G
Android Version - 4.4.1

Last edited:

dledwith2

Feb 23, 2011
Tampa, FL

http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager I am using the latest ClockworkMod Recovery from this website v6.0.3.8 Touch.

When I used the one as instructed in the op of the unofficial cm11 thread and assuming the same one in this op, I was able to flash cm11 just fine but I was not able to go back to cm10 or cm9 which I needed to do at the time.

I'm not suggesting you go against the wisdom in the opening post but I did want to share my experience. I really would like to know WHY they suggest using the recovery they do, especially since mounting sd cards in recovery doesn't work right anymore and partitioning doesn't even show up like it did in CWM v5.5.0.4

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Thanks everyone for chiming in and helping each other :good: .. Its great to see this thread so active.. ;)
Everything everyone has said rings true..The radios do sometimes cause an echo..and Yes you NEED to be on 4.4 recovery for it all to work right..Everything is different on 4.4..(hence the time to release functions,The whole roms need to be rebased)

I didn't catch this post before I put my 2 cents in below. I'm not using the recovery in the OP. CWM 6.0.3.8 is what I'm on because it allows me to got back to cm10 if needed, whereas the recovery in the op does not. Do you have any technical reasons you could elaborate on as to why I should switch to a newer one that utilizes kit kat goodness. Like I mentioned in a different post. I'm not able to mount internal or ext sd cards with the recovery in the op. I know you don't have the blaze device but are you able to use those functions on your device?

dirty_s0ciety

Jul 25, 2013
Hey guys can someone please tell me where to find the list of compatible radios for this ROM i know ive seen them but i dont know where?

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager I am using the latest ClockworkMod Recovery from this website v6.0.3.8 Touch.

When I used the one as instructed in the op of the unofficial cm11 thread and assuming the same one in this op, I was able to flash cm11 just fine but I was not able to go back to cm10 or cm9 which I needed to do at the time.

I'm not suggesting you go against the wisdom in the opening post but I did want to share my experience. I really would like to know WHY they suggest using the recovery they do, especially since mounting sd cards in recovery doesn't work right anymore and partitioning doesn't even show up like it did in CWM v5.5.0.4

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

I didn't catch this post before I put my 2 cents in below. I'm not using the recovery in the OP. CWM 6.0.3.8 is what I'm on because it allows me to got back to cm10 if needed, whereas the recovery in the op does not. Do you have any technical reasons you could elaborate on as to why I should switch to a newer one that utilizes kit kat goodness. Like I mentioned in a different post. I'm not able to mount internal or ext sd cards with the recovery in the op. I know you don't have the blaze device but are you able to use those functions on your device?

If you have a recovery that works for you, Thats fine..The recovery in the op was the first 4.4 recovery to drop..If anyones willing to make a flashable zip of the 2 (touch and non-touch) from the imgs on clockworkmod, that would be fine as well, atleast for people to try.. ;) As this is not my primary device i only put in the op things that im aware of..and i wasnt aware of them...

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
Im building the zips right now for people to test...Await the link and i need a few testers..Keep the other recovery handy incase of issues..

dledwith2

Feb 23, 2011
Tampa, FL

Pretty great response time there buddy, I was going to get you the ones I made later this evening but you beat me to it.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1591622 This is the thread for the recovery in which mounting the internal and external sd's works and you can use it to partition your sd card for moving apps onto an external, ext-sd card. BUT I am NOT positive that it works on cm11 and this IS a cm11 thread so if someone tries it and it doesn't work, please report that back here.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

-UVLF4: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1779450
-UVLH5: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1918608

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
Pretty great response time there buddy, I was going to get you the ones I made later this evening but you beat me to it.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1591622 This is the thread for the recovery in which mounting the internal and external sd's works and you can use it to partition your sd card for moving apps onto an external, ext-sd card. BUT I am NOT positive that it works on cm11 and this IS a cm11 thread so if someone tries it and it doesn't work, please report that back here.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

-UVLF4: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1779450
-UVLH5: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1918608

I know that the img can be pushed through odin, Just wanted to see if my flashable zips acually flash...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-10-banner-600.jpg

~NIGHTLIES ARE UP!! ~

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

~DISCLAIMER~
    * Your warranty is now void. *

~I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.~
    ~Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    before flashing it!~
    ~YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.~
    ~Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading
    cause of male impotence (so decide if its worth it).~

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review at http://review.cyanogenmod.com. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features here http://www.cmxlog.com/11/.

Official CyanogenMod Wiki for your device: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/T769_Info

Known Issues That Will Be Fixed

Speakerphone "muting" bug STILL exists
    Camcorder preview is out of focus
    Scanner apps (code scanners and bank apps) do not work
    Bluetooth can be a bit spotty-but should work

IMPORTANT: Many CM10.2 features have not been ported forward to CM11.0.

---Screens---

Screenshot_2013-11-28-17-40-22_1_.pngScreenshot_2013-11-28-17-41-02_1_.pngScreenshot_2013-11-28-17-41-07_1_.png

Thanks @carvsdriver for his patch list to get this thing building...
    and to @UberPinguin for letting me take on this project..

Recovery Link:

CWM 6.0.3.8 (No touch) - http://d-h.st/Cc2
    CWM 6.0.3.8 (Touch) - http://d-h.st/hVY

Official Nightlys Download Link:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=t769

Thanks go out to...
    @thomas.raines @carvsdriver@mikeyman77 @dhacker29 @PlayfulGod [ @UberPinguin (for all his work to get us up to where I could help a little) and my tester @Skywalker.00
    for all helping with this project..!!!

UPDATED GAPPS:

4.4.2 (lightweight core apps) - http://d-h.st/9PV
    4.4.2 (standard apps) - http://d-h.st/yeS

UVLH5 Radios (if you have silent calls or echo)
    http://d-h.st/MQN
    Thanks @dwitherell

installation1.png

First Timer? Full wipe of system, data cache and dalvic is a must before flashing cm11 for the first time, then flash gapps..
    Repeat Offender? Only wipe cache and dalvik..

This ROM is stable for the most part with audio, data, wifi and such all working..The builds will be stronger,more stable and full of features as things get worked out and features implemented..

You can find and download the newest updates (once you are on the rom) by going to settings/about phone and tapping Cyanogenmod Updates..It will allow you to download and install all in one step.

~~~ART IS NOW AVAILABLE AS AN OPTION~~~

ART (the new Android Runtime) is now available for use with this device.It helps with performance and overall stability of the rom. It is still early and if there are any issues you may come across while using it, you are welcome to switch back to dalvik until it has some more time to get smoothed out..Some apps are NOT ART compatible yet..Its seems more only an issue if restoring backups or side loading..some apps will not install by side load until they are updated..if you are already running art then feel free to only wipe cache and dalvic before flash..if you choose to have your device run dalvic (normally) and have full access to your app backups and/or full app compatibility that's fine as well and the flash process would be the same as above..if you are wanting to see what art is all about, I do recommend a full wipe so there is no app issues on boot..in that case full wipe, flash ROM and gapps..reboot..change to art in developer options..it will reboot and take a hot minute to optimize the apps..then you will not need to do it again when you flash alpha 4. YOU NEED TO RUN THE UPDATED GAPPS PACKAGE IF CONVERTING TO ART AS IT IS OPTIMIZED FOR THAT PURPOSE...

More info to come..

Work in progress..

~I do all this for the "Thanks", but a little beer helps me work better. (And I could use one.;) )...~
    Thanks to those who have donated to me through my projects....
    "Call forwarding Service was Enabled" popup issue

i recommend anything b4 3/1 guys.... although it doesn't have the call forward issues, ive notice my battery life cut in half and other wierdness happening as well. :)

it seems that the "Call forwarding Service was Enabled" popup issue is still there.

i have dive into the problem these days, and found the solution (i'm not using t769 but my phone also have this issue)

the cause: the value of a CONST in RIL changed, the CONST's name is "RIL_UNSOL_ON_SS", whose value changed from 1039 to 1038, the previous const with value 1038 is "RIL_UNSOL_RESPONSE_TETHERED_MODE_STATE_CHANGED", if you're using a vendor provided ril binary, that means lower ril send a RIL_UNSOL_RESPONSE_TETHERED_MODE_STATE_CHANGED event, but the upper framework mistaking it as a RIL_UNSOL_ON_SS event, then "Call forwarding" dialog popup

the solution: instead using the ril binary from vendor, ril related binary have to be built from source, including `/system/bin/rild', `/system/lib/libril.so', `/system/lib/libreference-ril.so'. ril from source don't works on cm-10.2 but works on cm-11 in my case, hope the source built ril also works for t760.

hope this post will help;)
    Quick update...
    We have camera working, media -caf implemented and a ton of kernel updates inbound for the 8660 platform.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    i second that, connected to car stereo and rec'd call, call was dropped and it wouldn't reconnect. Also, GPS fix takes forever, both these things I notice while on the go, which is when I find my smartphone most handy. I am stoked for a fix, thanks for all the hard work!

OK...I WILL REITERATE.. (as nicely as i can) These are NIGHTLYS...They WILL be broken...and I WILL look into the issues, but instead of "waiting for a fix" it would be better to just flash back to a build that the issues didnt occur on..(Its ALWAYS wise to keep a good solid build on your sd for these reasons)..For those who don't know the process of "nightlys"..There are MANY things changing in source (between ALOT of devices) and I can promise you the device files for the blaze have not changed for BT etc. so its other things in the rom itself and its interactions with the files..Many things will get fixed and many more may get broken (and then fixed again HOPEFULLY).. But at the moment its alot of hit or miss, and as we are not the only msm8660 device, all we can do is (as others working on their devices also actively)..is take notes and dig..and its all for FREE and a HOBBY..So waiting isnt a good idea..I have other things i need to handle to pay the bills (and even buy a beer) so it may not be REALLY high on the priority list.. Im glad that everyone appreciates my efforts, but for a while, I will have more pressing matters at hand..I hope you all understand...and again, noone has offered a log , so, being as i dont own the device ( and i will say that again, I DO NOT own the device) its hard to see whats going on when i cannot replicate it..
    Thanks for the reply. I was just hoping someone had found a way around it. I've gone back to cm 10, and it is sooo much better for what I need.

Have a good evening.

4.1.2 is the last "fully functional" version for both the blaze and the exhilarate....Sucks I know, but if you are a user that can live without the couple of bugs 4.4.4 has, its really not a bad running fw version...I, however, have now lost my i577, and never owned a blaze, so it looks like my time devving for these devices is done, and its time to focus mainly on flo (nexus 7 2013)...Hope sum stuff gets worked out for these devices, but as they are no longer high priority (not alot of users,not much demand persay) alot of other devs have moved on, and as I can no longer test what i build, I will be of no more use to the blaze users.... Good luck guys...!!! Its been fun...If anyone gets a n7, Im still working for that, and have some new projects going on of my own...This is my "Dear John" letter...Its been fun..