[RADIO] HTC Desire Stock Radios [LATEST 5.17.05.23] [29/05/11]

Search This thread

System of a pWne!^

Aug 3, 2010
www.daggeringcats.com
??

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

What does you prevent from using google, to find out, what virtual box is. Seriously, your post is pure spam. (question marks and especially the "spam slogan" "sent from my...". I still want everyone instant banned, who uses this spam signature. Btw I'm on tapatalk right now, with no spam sig)

Reactions: x潮騒x

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
What does you prevent from using google, to find out, what virtual box is. Seriously, your post is pure spam. (question marks and especially the "spam slogan" "sent from my...". I still want everyone instant banned, who uses this spam signature. Btw I'm on tapatalk right now, with no spam sig)

If you do not want to answer, then dont. But stop whining about spams etc- you should say that to the tapatalk app creator(He will laugh with your problem imo). I am flashing new roms every 1-2 days, I cannot bother changing tapatalk settings every time.
You,in the first place should either explain about virtual box or dont write it at all, comments like "what does prevent you from using google'' are useless. That's why forums exist, to answer questions.

TheLastOne

Mar 8, 2005
The issue with the latest radio is that it's not signed for us people who are S-ON.

Would it be possible for someone to make a signed version, or alternatively link me to a tutorial on how to sign it myself?

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
You,in the first place should either explain about virtual box or dont write it at all, comments like "what does prevent you from using google'' are useless. That's why forums exist, to answer questions.

I must react for your arrogance. Forum is not exist to just answer questions! Especially for the people who are so lazy to learn something by him self. You really should learn that forum is community to help each other, not customer service. If you became more polite, ask real question, then someone will answer you and make conversation useful for everyone. Asking simple questions what could be found so easy, like this one about virtual box or just post ?? like you did is pure spam as colleague said.

Reactions: x潮騒x

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
I must react for your arrogance. Forum is not exist to just answer questions! Especially for the people who are so lazy to learn something by him self. You really should learn that forum is community to help each other, not customer service. If you became more polite, ask real question, then someone will answer you and make conversation useful for everyone. Asking simple questions what could be found so easy, like this one about virtual box or just post ?? like you did is pure spam as colleague said.

If you see my posts you will see that I am always more than willing to help other people if they have problems, I never said anything about customer service. So you are wrong in that.
As for the "polite", I am polite enough to everyone, dont know why the "??" comment I wrote while I was on the street is a big deal.
But instead of whining, you can either answer a question or not. Isn't that the case? No need for bad willing comments.

Btw we are off topic,

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
You said that booting Linux to s-off is to hard for you?! What is already very lazy. He offer you solution with virtual box (what should be enough for someone like you who is here for long time) and you answered with "??" So what did you expect as answer? Explanation what is the virtual box?

Yes, I agree. We are complete off topic. So let stop. Next time, please do short search. It's faster then post question marks :)

Last edited:

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
You said that booting Linux to s-off is to hard for you?! What is already very lazy. He offer you solution with virtual box (what should be enough for someone like you who is here for long time) and you answered with "??" So what did you expect as answer? Explanation what is the virtual box?

Yes, I agree. We are complete off topic. So let stop. Next time, please do short search. It's faster then post question marks :)

My question marks were about the procedure, but nevermind..
As for the booting linux part, in fact in 3 different computers I tried to boot a USB linux but didnt make it, either laptops would boot directly to windows, or blank screen, so its not a lazyness thing.
We should stop off topic now...

Just my two cents.

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
My question marks were about the procedure, but nevermind..

But how do anyone know what you're thinking? As you could see both of us understand that you were asking what is virtual box.

Procedure is that you can install virtual box, boot linux for s-off inside virtual box and than s-off...

As for the booting linux part, in fact in 3 different computers I tried to boot a USB linux but didnt make it, either laptops would boot directly to windows, or blank screen, so its not a lazyness thing.
We should stop off topic now...

Honestly you should google it for a little :) For laptops it sounds that you didn't change boot device in BIOS...

Edit: As you can see, if you ask normal question you'll get normal answer. We don't read minds, even with the latest version of Android :D

Last edited:

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
Honestly you should google it for a little :) For laptops it sounds that you didn't change boot device in BIOS...

Believe me I googled it a lot.
I have changed boot device, yet still no boot.
I tried to solve the blank screen problem on my desktop, still no luck, so I stopped digging, thus I prefer flashing zip files through recovery

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
Believe me I googled it a lot.
I have changed boot device, yet still no boot.
I tried to solve the blank screen problem on my desktop, still no luck, so I stopped digging, thus I prefer flashing zip files through recovery

Hmmm, strange problem. Are sure is not problem with your monitor? Maybe with graphic card? If you really wish s-off try virtual box. It's free and really powerful software.

thanito

Jul 10, 2008
Hmmm, strange problem. Are sure is not problem with your monitor? Maybe with graphic card? If you really wish s-off try virtual box. It's free and really powerful software.

Not a problem with my pc, since I use it every day without issues.

There are some live cd issues and need to run in low graphics mode to boot, tried that but no luck.

I will check the virtual box too, as well as alpha rev method

saweboy

Jul 9, 2010
Radio 5.17.5.23 is not working. Change from 3G to WIFI, or vice versa, not working at all. Reboot needed to get a working condition.
5.11.5.27 is latest latest, on which I have no bad word.

Last edited:

Zeljko1234

May 7, 2010
Stockholm
I've just tested and radio 5.17.05.23 works as it should. Tried to connect to 3G, turned on WIFI, phone switched mobile data off and works with WIFI, then I turned WIFI and phone turned 3G automatically...

TheLastOne

Mar 8, 2005
Not everyone wants to S-OFF necessarily, as it involves significant risk of Bricking, plus the inability to return the device to factory defaults.

ziggy1001

Aug 7, 2010
London
Don't think that's entirely true, the risk is significant if you don't read, understand and follow the instructions. If you can't do that then don't touch your phone. AFAIK restoring to s-on is straightforward, so no problem with guarantee ;)
Of the probably 10's of thousands of people that have done it i guess the failure rate is very low and almost entirely down to "user error" Every HTC phone i have owned has been s-off'd on the day i bought it

kimzplaze

Jun 25, 2008
if you had s-offed your phone, you will just need to run the official RUU for your region if you need to revert back factory settings

c4p3fi3rr

Jul 9, 2010
Has anyone got any statistics of signal strength, battery duration, gps fix time, ecc. for different radio versions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have taken the time to put together all the radios available for the HTC Desire (GSM), all the radios have been packaged in recovery flashable zips.

I do not know which is best for battery life/performance so please discuss that below, if you find any radios I do not have listed please send me a message with the link so I can update the thread.

Note: Flashing RIL files will not improve battery, stability or enhance anything despite what people think, you are wasting your time, lookup what the RIL actually is and the example source code and you will see why.

Latest radio

Old radios
    5.10.05.17_2
    5.09.05.30_2

Old eclair radios
    4.06.00.16_2
    4.06.00.02_2
    4.05.00.30_2
    4.04.00.03_2

Instructions on how to flash the radios can be found here.

NOTE: If you have the Alpharev Oxygen or CM7 HBOOT then you will not be able to flash these files via recovery, quote from AlphaRev site below.
    If you downloaded Bravo Data++, please notice the /cache partition is too small to hold Radio flashes from recovery. You can however flash the radio just fine with 'fastboot flash radio radio.img'. Just extract the radio.img from the radio update.zip beforehand.

You need to have a rooted device to flash any of these radios, help with this can be found here.

Mirrors
    mofirouz.com
    How to flash the radios:

Make sure you have the usb driver installed from the android sdk

1. Turn your desire off
    2. Hold the back button and turn your desire on
    3. When you are at the white screen, make sure BOOTLOADER is selected and press the power button
    4. Wait a few seconds then press volume down to select RECOVERY and press the power button again
    5. When you are at the screen with the red triangle and the phone, plug in the usb cable
    6. Run the recovery-windows.bat script from modaco r5 root pack
    7. When the recovery menu appears select 'Flash zip from sdcard'
    8. Select the radio zip file and press the trackerball to confirm
    9. Press the trackerball over 'Reboot system now'
    10. When the radio image has finished being written unplug the usb cable
    11. The phone will reboot a couple of times and then return to a normal state with your new radio :)
    Radio posted

Hello all.

I have updated the website with the new radio (which is flashable).

http://www.mofirouz.com/wordpress/2011/03/htc-desire-radios/

As always, please have a look at the FAQ before posting questions and etc.

Thanks,
    Mo.
    Radio 5.17.05.23

http://www.multiupload.com/9QPO6P4MUK

Thanks to proxuser for this.

Just flash it over with
    Code:
    fastboot flash radio radio.img
    Here is a mirror for all the radio :

http://morcus.free.fr/xda/desire/radio/

You can direct link.

If you want me do add something to host, just PM.