HOX $99 w/ contract

Search This thread

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
When does this sale go into affect because I currently have the Atrix HD and was gonna pay the extra $100 tomorrow and grab a One X.

I just called my local ATT store and was told the price is still $199.99 for the One X

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Shaddy-Z.

Dec 19, 2010
Resale value going to ****.. I hate how on craigslist S3 owners want 150+HOX for their phone. This is going to make it worse.. its because HTC sales have been going down hill on the last quarter. They couldn't even meet their purchasing price for BEATS. Tsk tsk they should have shipped the phones with unlocked BL and source code ready. Maybe some devs will hop on though!

jags_the1

Aug 26, 2010
Resale value going to ****.. I hate how on craigslist S3 owners want 150+HOX for their phone. This is going to make it worse.. its because HTC sales have been going down hill on the last quarter. They couldn't even meet their purchasing price for BEATS. Tsk tsk they should have shipped the phones with unlocked BL and source code ready. Maybe some devs will hop on though!

Lol..so you guys buy phones on resale value?. Bam bam , just buy i phone then, it has phone s resale , great price aswell.

No other phone has resale value, and i am pretty sure devs won't be popping out here anymore, this device holds no real value to them

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
You say the HOX has no real value? Best handset out there, but no value? Does the s3 with all its issues, and they are many, have value? HOX has like no issues, low activity in the forums means few problems, and it now has kernel source. $99 means a super deal for the best phone out there right now. A lot of people will get it at that price.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side
At&t price matched Sam's club $98 price when I got mine few weeks ago over the phone. I don't care how cool the phone is, not paying more than $100 for one.

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: plmiller0905

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
Just stopped by my local ATT store and the reps were ridiculous... I asked them if the HOX went down in price and he was like not that he's aware of. Then he started telling me about refurbished HOX and maybe they're $100....wtf.

I will try my luck again tomorrow

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Silellak

May 17, 2012
the sale starts the 29th. my apologies for the confusion. The email I received didnt say the 29th.

Interesting. Either way, thanks for the information! I hope the One X's sales increase with the price drop...at $199 it's a great phone, even compared to other $199 phones. At $99 it's a steal!

Would it be safe to share this information with sources outside of XDA, or might it put your job at risk?

plmiller0905

Apr 25, 2010
Chicago
Interesting. Either way, thanks for the information! I hope the One X's sales increase with the price drop...at $199 it's a great phone, even compared to other $199 phones. At $99 it's a steal!

Would it be safe to share this information with sources outside of XDA, or might it put your job at risk?

It sure is a steal.... :)

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

surflamj

Jun 23, 2012
Orlando

Share away! Hopefully the more people using HOX's the more interest will have in Dev!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is our company website.
    the sale starts the 29th. my apologies for the confusion. The email I received didnt say the 29th.
    Hey guys.. I just checked the AT&T web site and indeed the HOX is now at $99.99 or the same price as the Atrix HD. Amazon has not changed the price yet however, though if they do what they did with the Atrix, it could well be on sale at Amazon for $50 tomorrow. I had a long chat with an ATT rep when dialing the 611 number and they are bending over backwards to get me the phone I want. In fact they're going to wave the activation fees and credit me what I would pay in CA sales tax too, thereby matching the deals at Amazon. Needless to say, getting the phone direct from ATT has big advantages, especially when grandfathering over my existing plan (450/UNLTD data/200 txt msgs).

So as a noob to Android coming from 4 years with Apple, I want to make the best choice. I can get the HOX for the same price as the Atrix, and can also get a GS3 for $100. I had actually written off the HOX due to the many hardware issues I was seeing people have over in the AC forums as well as the wifi and multi-tasking problems. I really like what Moto has done with their UI, but the battery life and poor camera kind of kill that. The GS3 is nice but the blue tint on the screen and some of the issues with that phone concern me as does how Sammy fumbled the ICS update with the Skyrocket. So I guess my question is if anyone can offer a NON-biased suggestion as to which phone is really the best built and best performer overall. The lack of the microSD on the HOX also is a sticking point, but needless to say, the screen, camera and battery life are big pluses. Thanks.

I was on the fence like you, but just picked mine up a couple days ago.

Galaxy S3 advantages:
    MicroSD
    Removable Battery
    2GB of RAM
    MHL that may or may not support USB OTG and HDMI out at the same time
    Accessories

HTC One X advantages:
    Significantly Better Screen
    Doesn't feel like plastic

I thought of it this way... everything the S3 has going for it you may or may not use, but everything the One X has going for it you have to deal with ALL THE TIME. I had the Galaxy S2, and while it was a nice phone, not being able to see the screen in sunlight and the fact that every time I held it, it felt like plastic really annoyed me. I am LOVING the One X. Also, if you really care about having a removable battery, you can always just pick up those portable battery packs. RAM should be less of an issue now that source is out. In the end it matters what you care about.
    I work for At&t as a sales rep and just got the email. This is the new price point, no special or deal.
    At&t price matched Sam's club $98 price when I got mine few weeks ago over the phone. I don't care how cool the phone is, not paying more than $100 for one.

Sent from my HTC One X