Porting to rom

Search This thread

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
Should it be hard to port to a rom if say you are forking from the tf700. Can someone recommend a guide to do this type of thing? Any thoughts?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Should it be hard to port to a rom if say you are forking from the tf700. Can someone recommend a guide to do this type of thing? Any thoughts?

TF700 is tegra 3, our devices are Tegra 4 so that adds some complication. Also the apk files for the TF701 include higher res images for xhdpi and xxhdpi which increases their size meaning you'll have to live with crapily scaled images.

Read up on apktool and baksmali, smali tools as well as basic android ROM makeup. You'll need to understand those basics to build a ROM. Download my ROM zip and pull it to pieces.

The other side is compiling your own ROM from source including the kernel and modules. That is much more complicated in one sense but easier in another.

I went down the first route to learn the basics.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TF700 is tegra 3, our devices are Tegra 4 so that adds some complication. Also the apk files for the TF701 include higher res images for xhdpi and xxhdpi which increases their size meaning you'll have to live with crapily scaled images.

Read up on apktool and baksmali, smali tools as well as basic android ROM makeup. You'll need to understand those basics to build a ROM. Download my ROM zip and pull it to pieces.

The other side is compiling your own ROM from source including the kernel and modules. That is much more complicated in one sense but easier in another.

I went down the first route to learn the basics.