[Q] Connect with Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 is not working for Windows 8.1

Search This thread

BillyRazOr

Dec 17, 2013
Alor Setar, Kedah, Malaysia
I got a new computer(Windows 8.1, 64-bit) in few days ago. When I connected my Galaxy Y GT-S5360 with Windows 8.1(already installed Samsung Galaxy driver software), it's not working with it like "USB connected" in my notification Android phone. I tried many times but still not working it. Can anyone pls help me? :crying: :(

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London

BillyRazOr

Dec 17, 2013
Alor Setar, Kedah, Malaysia

How To Get Windows 8.1 To Recognise USB Mass Storage On Your Phone

I have had the problem for ages that when I connected my Samsung Galaxy GT-S5360 into my Windows 8.1 PC nothing happened - Windows 8.1 simply refused to recognise the device - not even anything in device manager - nothing - nada

However it would recognise the phone if I set the phone to download mode - but I want to use my phone as mass storage

Well after months of trying I finally found a really stupid solution

Solution
Install the usb drivers for your phone as normal
connect the phone to pc via usb cable (nothing happens other then a few beeps as normal)
now plug in any usb dongle that you have already installed on your pc - like a usb wireless mouse dongle
suddenly windows detects the phone and you can now set your phone to mass storage from the phone status bar

Every time you want to connect your phone in mass storage just plug it in then plug in the other usb dongle after

You mean need to use Odin for Galaxy Y S5360 with compatible from XP, Vista, 7 to Windows 8, 8.1? But how to install Odin and firmware???

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
You mean need to use Odin for Galaxy Y S5360 with compatible from XP, Vista, 7 to Windows 8, 8.1? But how to install Odin and firmware???

no - read the thread fully - at no point do I mention odin

you just need to plug your phone in then plug in any other usb dongle and the option to connect to mass storage will appear in the phones status bar