i messed up build.prop file on note3 and is not booting up.

Search This thread
X

XDA Visitor

I did sift reset but didnot worked. he samsung kies is not detecting my phone, when connected. can you please help me? I think i have access to SD card only ( i mean any boot up from SD card can help, i guess)

D

Darth

Hi,

I will have your thread moved to your device section. You will need to register on XDA to respond to any replies you get.

Good luck!

WhateverMan2

Feb 20, 2014
Singapore
There are a few ways to make your phone boot:

1. If you have knowledge of ADB pull the build.prop from your device onto your desktop and edit it.
2. Re flash stock ROM.
3. If you have TWRP recovery, just pull the build.prop from any Touchwiz based rom zip and put on your SD card, then move it to /system/.

bdvkishore

Jan 3, 2015
There are a few ways to make your phone boot:

1. If you have knowledge of ADB pull the build.prop from your device onto your desktop and edit it.
2. Re flash stock ROM.
3. If you have TWRP recovery, just pull the build.prop from any Touchwiz based rom zip and put on your SD card, then move it to /system/.

=============================================================================
Thanks Guyse for your prompt reply.

I dont have knowledge on ADB and i want to flash. Can i jusy copy the ZIP file on SD card and boot the device using " Apply update fromexternal Storage option?

WhateverMan2

Feb 20, 2014
Singapore
=============================================================================

Thanks Guyse for your prompt reply.

I dont have knowledge on ADB and i want to flash. Can i jusy copy the ZIP file on SD card and boot the device using " Apply update fromexternal Storage option?

Oh, looks like you have stock recovery. You need to flash a custom recovery before you can install ROM zips.