[ROM][2011.12.07] CyanogenMod, HO!NO!, iceandfire(Ultimate), Cronos Ginger X

Search This thread

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Yeah, I was supposed to download motomizer, but I keep on having "server error" error when I open market.

Too many issues, yeah bud I agree, I think I should start fresh 2.1.. Have to do that tomorrow after work though, hope this gets throughout the day at work tomorrow.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App

Did you apply Mz's update with it? Also I think there was a newer update I used instead of the one on the O.P., I am probably mistaken but that is the one I used, from the 7th I think, I'm gonna check

***EDIT
Here's the update I used, not that i think it will matter much.

Also I am not partitioned, since I am running with only a 2gb sdcard lmao! I had some kind of outbreak that swept thru my sdcards and destroyed them lol (well not funny)

Last edited:

secret_tidus

Jan 22, 2011
i feel tat the ho! no! rom eat up more rom and come with too many stuff i dun nid.. i prefer the cm7 nightly... the hono rom make me not enuf space to install more apps like previous in cm6.30... trying nightly..

xxeddixx

Feb 25, 2007
Fantastic Developments for this phone :)

I can't wait until memory management and availability gets better on these roms.

Can anyone recommend me a ROM currently that has the most free ram ?

I've been using cm7 but I find the memory available terribly low :/ . about to give OH!NO! a try

JiroPrinz8

Apr 20, 2011
Island city of the South
And use motomizer to set your processor to 1000mhz no need for milestone overclock.

So are you guys using the v8 successfully or just using the v6 and calling it v8? I haven't tried the v8 yet.

Yup, uaing V8 with the gaming settings and all seems good so far.. it's like the phone ia on steroids seriously. Super fast transitions.

Reactions: LibertyMonger

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Yup, uaing V8 with the gaming settings and all seems good so far.. it's like the phone ia on steroids seriously. Super fast transitions.

Cool will have to try it. By the way, tried CM7 nightly and market kept forceclosing. Overtop Bravo so maybe sbf cbw? Or maybe go Ho!No!

Also there is an app called theme chooser themes in the market loaded with themes, gonna try it now...

JiroPrinz8

Apr 20, 2011
Island city of the South
Cool will have to try it. By the way, tried CM7 nightly and market kept forceclosing. Overtop Bravo so maybe sbf cbw? Or maybe go Ho!No!

Also there is an app called theme chooser themes in the market loaded with themes, gonna try it now...

Not sure, haven't tried any other cm 7 except Ho!No!, came straight from Special Rc3.. so dunno bout that one..

Anyway, I believe theme chooser is already a system app, you just have to add themes (apks) and your all set..

ashish7350

Aug 3, 2011
Mumbai

Here are the hell lot of themes...........
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1167075
u can try any HDPI theme, you just need to install the apk and the theme will appear in theme chooser app (which is already there in system apks). Choose the theme u want to apply.

JiroPrinz8

Apr 20, 2011
Island city of the South

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Not sure, haven't tried any other cm 7 except Ho!No!, came straight from Special Rc3.. so dunno bout that one..

Anyway, I believe theme chooser is already a system app, you just have to add themes (apks) and your all set..

Yeah it's already an app but there is also an app called theme chooser themes that has all of the themes in that hell lot of themes and you click on it and it leads you straight to the theme to download from the market. It's the same as that list but it's an app.

I am running Ho!No! on my neices Xt and CM7 nightly on mine. Cm7 nightly refuses any installation from the market and then reboots so I am gonna sbf and give it one more shot...

Ho!No! is almost great, it tends to black out at the homescreen but not like a full blackout, just til I click on something else, and also when it has to search for themes for theme chooser themes it sometimes gets froze and have to do a battery pull. That could be just the app. Or my v8 settings or something not sure. Other than that it's been great.

***Just seen on the theme chooser theme app most themes are free but they are charging for a lot.

Last edited:

xxeddixx

Feb 25, 2007
Well Im using OH!NO! and I :

- Used motomizer one click optimizer from the android market

- Installed on "aggressive mode" [Script][U9 Beta 6.2.2] THE V6 SuperCharger!
The ONLY Android
MEMORY FIXER! 3G & KAK!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

And According to Advanced task killer im Getting 75m free on boot with Messaging only open. With ebuddy on im getting 56m (any better background facebook chat apps that are smaller mem hogs?)

Im curious to see what other people are doing and how much free ram they are averaging. I def want to find out the best setup to get the most free ram

Last edited:

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
Yeah it's already an app but there is also an app called theme chooser themes that has all of the themes in that hell lot of themes and you click on it and it leads you straight to the theme to download from the market. It's the same as that list but it's an app.

I am running Ho!No! on my neices Xt and CM7 nightly on mine. Cm7 nightly refuses any installation from the market and then reboots so I am gonna sbf and give it one more shot...

Ho!No! is almost great, it tends to black out at the homescreen but not like a full blackout, just til I click on something else, and also when it has to search for themes for theme chooser themes it sometimes gets froze and have to do a battery pull. That could be just the app. Or my v8 settings or something not sure. Other than that it's been great.

***Just seen on the theme chooser theme app most themes are free but they are charging for a lot.

I think doing a data wipe and flashing Ho!No! overtop of my Ho!No! fixed my blackout after unlocking issue.

***nope spoke too quick. still blacking out after unlocking and Now Markets rebooting just like my CM7. I think I need to sbf first maybe

Last edited:

tiger2wander

Feb 6, 2009
Hà Nội
Hey guys, is there any kernel source for Motoroi XT720?

I'm trying to update & customize CM7 & MIUI to get more optimize & remove all Korean related stuff because of I don't use them.
CM7 is ok now, but MIUI reboot after playing boot animation for a while. I guess it has problems with kernel module missing from MIUI build.

Have a good day guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

[Porting Log]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    [2011-12-07] Mirror download link all changed. (Now available for download)
    [2011-12-04] HO!NO!_CM7.1.1-ICS_Edition-V1
    [2011-11-30] MIUI-Galnet-ICS-1.11.9-XT720 download link moved on this thread.
    [2011-11-25] HO!NO!_CM7.1.0.7-ICS_Edition
    [2011-11-25] CM-7.1.1-KANG
    [2011-11-22] CM-7.1.0.7-KANG (FMRadio does not work)
    [2011-11-22] iceandfire-v4-UltimateMilestone-1.0Beta1
    [2011-11-19] HO!NO!_CM7.1.0.6-ICS_Edition
    [2011-11-17] CronosX-1.7.0-AllNew
    [2011-11-16] CM-7.1.0.6-KANG-AllNew (AllNew means very stable and new feature added....etc)(and FMRadio added!!)
    [2011-11-14] CM-7.1.0.5-KANG
    [2011-11-13] HO!NO!_CM7.1.0.4-KANG
    [2011-11-13] CM-7.1.0.4-KANG
    [2011-11-11] CronosX-1.7.0 (Cronos Ginger X)
    [2011-11-10] CM-7.1.0.3-KANG
    [2011-11-02] HO!NO!_CM7.1.0.3-KANG
    [2011-08-22]
    All CM7 ROM's Upgrade And All Fixed.!!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

[CyanogenMod 7, iceandfire (Ultimate), HO!NO!, Cronos Ginger X] port on XT720. :D

I have also ported to XT800W and A853(Milestone).
    XT800W Rom's: http://code.google.com/p/jydaddy/downloads/list?q=XT800W
    A853 Rom's: http://code.google.com/p/jydaddy/downloads/list?q=A853

And i'm "Motomizer" application developer. ;)
    (Thread link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1230493)

[Alert]
    There are reasons that created this thread.
    MilstoneXT720 and MotoroiXT720 specification is very similar.
    MotoroiXT720 was Gingerbread (CM7, MIUI ...) have been ported.
    I wish, MilestonXT720 also hope to help porting CM7.(by developers)
    I have no MilstoneXT720. So, i can't support for MilestoneXT720.

MilestoneXT720 has support now by Mioze7Ae. (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1284017)

[ROM's original change log]
    CM7 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=941346
    HO!NO! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=849676
    iceandfire http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=941851
    MIUI http://forums.miui.us
    CronosX http://www.cronosproject.org

[Outline]
    CM7 ROM customized.(nadlabak's Milestone ROM based)
    iceandfire ROM customized.(iceandfire's Milestone ROM based)
    HO!NO! ROM customized.(HO!NO!'s Milestone ROM based)
    MIUI Gingerbread customized.(MIUI for Milestone ROM based)
    Cronos Gingerbread X customized.(Feeyo's Milestone ROM based)

Phone Model : Motoroi XT720
    Kernel Based Rom : STSKT_N_79.33.50R (Android 2.2.1)

Phone Model : Milestone XT720
    Kernel Based Rom : STR_U2_04.1E.1 sbf (other 2.1 SBFs are expected to be no problem)
    MilestoneXT720-bootfix : Mioze7Ae's bootfix (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1284017)

[MIUI porting information]
    Nowadays, MIUI has it ported from tiger2wander. ;)
    Follow link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1311603

[Work]
    3G fixed.
    WiFi fixed.
    Battery fixed.
    USB fixed.
    KeyPad fixed.
    Sensor's fixed.
    Touch fixed.
    Camera fixed & stable.
    Camera flash fixed.
    Camcorder fixed & stable.
    Overclock fixed & stable.
    App2sd (ext3/ext4)
    MMC Patch
    FMRadio
    Etc.

[Install for Motoroi-XT720]
    1) RSD for STSKT_N_79.33.50R (Android 2.2.1)
    2) root
    3) OpenRecovery install
    4) ROM download and copy (/sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates)
    5) OpenRecovery boot
    6) Wipe Data / Factory reset (Please reset first!)
    7) Apply Update
    8) reboot

[Install for Milestone-XT720]
    1) RSD for STR_U2_04.1E.1 sbf (other 2.1 SBFs are expected to be no problem)
    2) root
    3) OpenRecovery install
    4) ROM download and copy (/sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates)
    5) MilestoneXT720-bootfix download and copy (/sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates)
    (by Mioze7Ae : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1284017)
    6) OpenRecovery boot
    7) Wipe Data / Factory reset (Please reset first!)
    8) Apply Update - J.Y.Daddy's ROM
    9) Apply Update - MilestoneXT720-bootfix
    10) reboot

[Mirror]
    CM-7.1.1-KANG Download
    HO!NO!_CM7.1.1-ICS_Edition-V1 Download
    CronosX-1.7.0 (Cronos Ginger X) AllNew Download
    iceandfire-v4-UltimateMilestone-1.0Beta1 Download
    MIUI-Galnet-ICS-1.11.9-XT720 Download

[Latest messages from J.Y.Daddy]
    2011.11.22 : FMRadio does not work again from CM-7.1.0.7-KANG. :(
    2011.11.22 : Ultimate Milestone? iceandfire's new start rom. ;)
    2011.11.16 : AllNew means very stable and new feature added....etc. (and FMRadio added!!) (Thanks to MilestoneXT720 CM7 Build Team)
    2011.11.14 : is now apply browser reboot problem solved module. (is my hope) (Thanks to peshovec)
    2011.11.02 : is now apply new kernel modules. (Thanks to Mioze7Ae, fjfalcon)
    2011.10.31 : is now apply Torch.apk. From CM7 for MilestoneXT720. (Thanks to fjfalcon)
    2011.10.31 : Usb icon display problem and features fixed. From CM7 for MilestoneXT720. (Thanks to fjfalcon)

Good Luck!! :)

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Developers, Develoid Members, nadlabak, HO!NO!, iceandfire, Mioze7Ae, fjfalcon ...
    THANK YOU for everyone who help me and who make this rom possible.
    Hi~ everyone!

Hi~ everyone!

I will try to stop rom porting.
    Because a lot of has changed in nadlabak's CyanogenMod-7.1.2.
    I can't port working on XT720. :(
    Of course, if use more time port work might be possible.
    But, now it's ICS time.
    In addition, the longer the current CM7 not to expect something more than.
    So, i think now enough worked. :p

Ported rom will be left in this place.
    In addition, i'm quit rom porting, but Motomizer will be always supported with Motorola all devices. ;)

Thanks for use of everyone.

Good luck with your phone! :D
    AllNew version realease

[2011-11-16]
    CM-7.1.0.6-KANG-AllNew
    (AllNew means very stable and new feature added....etc)

* Internet Browser, Facebook.. etc. Reboot problem solved.
    * FMRadio is now work.
    * Applied new MMC patch module.
    * Camera 8M pixel work.
    * Camcorder stable work.
    * Etc...

Enjoy~ and Good Luck!
    I've been looking into porting the sensors to the Korean kernel. It may not be as bad as I thought initially. We can build the sensor support as kxtf9.ko, but I think we also have to add the sensor to the board (a long time ago, Dexter tried using just kxtf9.ko without success). I think the file that is relevant here is arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-sholest-sensors.c and it looks like the kxtf9 stuff is modular enough that it should be possible to move it into a new module-- sholest-kxtf9.ko, say. These are the files that changed between Milestone XT720's and Motoroi's kernel and the number it times "KXTF9" (any case) appears in them if someone wants to work on this:
    Code:
     1 arch/arm/configs/sholest_skt_defconfig
     1 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/mach/mux.h
     1 drivers/misc/Makefile
     2 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-mapphone.c
     2 arch/arm/plat-omap/include/mach/board-sholest.h
     3 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-sholest.c
     3 drivers/misc/Kconfig
    34 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-sholest-sensors.c
    37 arch/arm/mach-omap2/board-mapphone-sensors.c
    I have both kernels in the github as separate different branches (master is Milestone XT720 1E and the Motoroi is STSKT_N_79.33.50R). We'll probably have to also create device nodes and use the correct /system/lib/hw/*.sholes.so files. Anyway, I'm not going to have time to work on this for a bit (getting onto the korean sbf is a long-term goal but improving the CM6 build is a higher priority for me right now). I have ported the symsearch.ko module to our kernels in case that is needed (apparently this can be used to replace functions in the running kernel as needed).