[Q] easy root method s4 mini

Search This thread

cujokillz

Feb 4, 2014
after multiple attempts using the odin method I found an easy root. my phone is rooted but I dont have a custom recovery. While this really doesn't concern me much, my problem is wifi tethering. my previous phone was an HTC thunderbolt on Verizon. my new s4 is sprint. I never had problems with rooting my htc or my wifes razor. I'm not completely green to the world of roms. WiFi tether from the Google play store is what I used on both and I was intending to use this as well for my mini. is their another app I should be using? or is it simply a settings issue? I have read another thread about tethering issues, but that was for the odin method with cm. I followed the directions precisely with the odin method, but it doesn't seem to recognize my phone when I get ready to use odin. it goes to the warning screen, I plug it in, go to next screen. odin says all threads complete (succeed0/failed0) it says this if I try to run it without the phone plugged in as well. this is why I went with the easy root method. I even tried to change the settings in wifi tether. but the only profile it had was for a standard s4. this profile did not work and auto detect seems to fail too. I get a wifi tether started with errors check log. but no log file is saved. I'm pulling my hair out. both me and my wifr need to be able to tether. any help would be greatly appreciated.

alesa1988

Dec 6, 2013
Madrid
No need for an app, look at the screenshots... They're from a full blown S4, but my S3 Mini was the same, so I'm guessing the S4 Mini should be too...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391489986574.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391489986574.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 99
  • uploadfromtaptalk1391489998167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391489998167.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: cujokillz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No need for an app, look at the screenshots... They're from a full blown S4, but my S3 Mini was the same, so I'm guessing the S4 Mini should be too...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app