[Q] Actually considering trading my S4 Active for a SIII. Should I or shouldnt I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cablemirc

Oct 1, 2006
now i know it seems like a crazy idea, as the s4 active is a much newer phone. but since the s4a bootloader is locked, and i cant run any other roms (4.3 with ML2.. can't even root), i'm contemplating the choice. see, i'm an independent contractor, and i depend on near instantaneous system response to nab work orders from my platform ( I cant have my platform app take 5 seconds to boot because other bloatware programs are running and hogging memory), and without the ability to deactivate the at&t bloat or run something like CM, or a clean rom i find myself sometimes missing valuable jobs by fractions of a second.

i'm sure there are a lot of S4 active fans here, so i'll ask you before i make this trade.
what do you feel i can do short of swapping my new phone for an older phone to increase system responsiveness?
I've about had it with this S4 Active.

edit: GAH. title truncated. was supposed to say "what can you recommend i do before i resort to this trade"

Last edited:

Vattu

Feb 27, 2014
Westeros
now i know it seems like a crazy idea, as the s4 active is a much newer phone. but since the s4a bootloader is locked, and i cant run any other roms (4.3 with ML2.. can't even root), i'm contemplating the choice. see, i'm an independent contractor, and i depend on near instantaneous system response to nab work orders from my platform ( I cant have my platform app take 5 seconds to boot because other bloatware programs are running and hogging memory), and without the ability to deactivate the at&t bloat or run something like CM, or a clean rom i find myself sometimes missing valuable jobs by fractions of a second.

i'm sure there are a lot of S4 active fans here, so i'll ask you before i make this trade.
what do you feel i can do short of swapping my new phone for an older phone to increase system responsiveness?
I've about had it with this S4 Active.

edit: GAH. title truncated. was supposed to say "what can you recommend i do before i resort to this trade"
see if the international version can work in the USA. It doesn't have the bootloader locked, neither is it bound with any carrier.

adelynn2006

Feb 25, 2013
I went from the S3 to the S4A after buying a broken S4A and fixing the screen. I keep the S3 as a backup. Same as you I am sad that the 4.3 isn't rooted yet. I can fix the phones physically but I am no where near a software writing type of gal.

I would say sure do it. The S3 is a great phone. The regular S4 is too and I believe is rooted because it is a popular phone. Once thing I would be wary of is that the S4 screens are running about 180-200 dollars where as the S4A are about 120$ and the S3 are about 80-90. I keep all of mine in cases but I have had a screen break in a Waterproof/dustproof/everything proof case before :(

Just something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.