[Q] Display does not waking up when power button pressed and starts overheating

Search This thread

ghost1267

Mar 6, 2011
Hi all,i have a problem with my note 3 recently. When i press the power button to wake up the device(to unlock the screen, device is already opened), display does not opening about 1 or 5 minutes(sometimes icreases for each button pressing) but i can see the back lights of the back key and the menu key. During this issue device starts overheating. I have the device about 6 mounths and before 5 mounths there is no issue like that. Device has stock rom and not rooted. Do you know anything about this and do you know the solution?

re: issues

Hi all,i have a problem with my note 3 recently. When i press the power button to wake up the device(to unlock the screen, device is already opened), display does not opening about 1 or 5 minutes(sometimes icreases for each button pressing) but i can see the back lights of the back key and the menu key. During this issue device starts overheating. I have the device about 6 mounths and before 5 mounths there is no issue like that. Device has stock rom and not rooted. Do you know anything about this and do you know the solution?

Most likely it's a misbehaving app that you got from the playstore causing the problem.
Best solution would be to backup your apps first then go into settings and perform a
"Factory Data Reset".

If your phone is stock and un-rooted as you say it is, a factory data reset will put the
phone in the same state as it was when you first purchased it.

Any user apps which you may have downloaded/installed will be wiped out giving you
a fresh new start.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: ghost1267

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014

Yes, looks like a aftermarket app issue. Mine power button sometime has false response but it’s a hardware issue for me. But your definitely a background running app issue.

Try to remember what app you installed recently or widget, or any live wallpaper at lock screen. Remove them all and then see. If the issue fixed by removing apps, then do a factory reset and only use good aftermarket apps. Factory resetting will remove bad apps left behind files if any.

Reactions: ghost1267

ghost1267

Mar 6, 2011
Thanks for quick answers:) i will try to do factory reset and write the result of this operation. thanks :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: issues

Most likely it's a misbehaving app that you got from the playstore causing the problem.
    Best solution would be to backup your apps first then go into settings and perform a
    "Factory Data Reset".

If your phone is stock and un-rooted as you say it is, a factory data reset will put the
    phone in the same state as it was when you first purchased it.

Any user apps which you may have downloaded/installed will be wiped out giving you
    a fresh new start.

Good luck!

Yes, looks like a aftermarket app issue. Mine power button sometime has false response but it’s a hardware issue for me. But your definitely a background running app issue.

Try to remember what app you installed recently or widget, or any live wallpaper at lock screen. Remove them all and then see. If the issue fixed by removing apps, then do a factory reset and only use good aftermarket apps. Factory resetting will remove bad apps left behind files if any.