[PSA] Do not accept ota updates! No more s-off for speedy as of right now

Search This thread

turkbot

Sep 4, 2011
owosso
Nm ill get back to ya guys In A bit gunna try something hopefully I don't break my phone O_O that would suck

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Dunno if I did it the same way that you did, but...

9KrmH.jpg

:woop:

I don't think you did because it still says s-on on the top.

drob311

Reactions: crump84

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
lol..you guinea pigged..and gave me the groundwork/info for me coming up with it...it's probably 2/3s me and 1/3 j00...but if i didn't get a good description/understanding of what was going on...i wouldn't have figured it out....so maybe it is 50/50

I'm not sure if htc is going to do a ICS update for the shift or not but I doubt it. That is probably why there is no ruu for this latest update. They probably figured there's no point since this will be the last update, and it's a small update at that. I'm hearing now that the Evo 4G will not even get it. So with that in mind, you and otaking71 might as well post away on how this is done if this going to be the last locked bootloader update for the shift that they release. If not now give it some time and think it over, stalk HTC on what they are doing and planning just like they do to us ;)

Last edited:

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
There is various ways to sign things but they use differnet release keys. Htc has a unique set of release keys for signing things for their recoveries to recognize and use. If you use any other keys their stock recovery won't accept it. Good luck getting them to hand over their keys to you lol.

Reactions: drob311

sherlockpwnz

May 6, 2010
Port Angeles, WA
Anyone who speaks directly to htcdevs should be flown to a distant and remote desert and left lol dont worry if theyre pro enough theyll know bear grylls' no. 1 pro tip to survive.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

Reactions: sparksco

VICODAN

Apr 27, 2011
San Jose, CA
Anyone who speaks directly to htcdevs should be flown to a distant and remote desert and left lol dont worry if theyre pro enough theyll know bear grylls' no. 1 pro tip to survive.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

I don't speak to HTC devs, they read this forum which is why we are hesitant to post the downgrade method.

Also my camera is broken on my replacement. I'll be calling HTC tomorrow.

sparksco

Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
I have root on stock, should be available on rom manager in about a hour or so.

Attachments

• 2.3.4-Market.jpg
    2.3.4-Market.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.3.4.jpg
    2.3.4.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 78
  • No-CIQ.jpg
    No-CIQ.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 79

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yea.....i've raped hboot of it's all controlling glory again....i'm torn on the process....htc might "fix" it again if it's posted how it's done.
    Maybe you should stop "experimenting" on things that will cause serious issues to your phone
    It says in the title do not accept ota updates and I think that is a valid point. Only developers should accept and download the ota updates so they can make revisions on rom/fimeware updates to avoid loosing the eng s-off bootloader.
    Good point, and good thing this is my "dev" phone.

Now you just need to learn how to dev... Lmfao!

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
    So after my experimenting with the latest OTA update I cannot attain s-off, and I don't think you will be able to with the new bootloader.

I think the people that were able to downgrade with the latest OTA were able to do it before they rebooted with the new hboot.

It seems that we are going to end up like the Evo 3D people where you have to use fastboot to flash a kernel boot.img and clock to flash the kernel/rom.

If anyone can come up with any other work arounds please feel free to suggest them.

I had the unlocked bootloader, running UKE AOSP ROM (CM7) and tried the misc.img trick. When I rebooted to flash PG06IMG.zip I noticed my bootloader went from unlocked to locked.

It seems that HTC has patched the misc.img trick.

Again, I am more than willing to admit I am wrong and hope someone can prove me wrong on this.