Best Screen Protector?

Search This thread

ruvort

Aug 4, 2010
I bought a Halo Screen Protector Film Invisible for my Rezound, but I never installed it, still on my desk in its envelope. Don't really think I am that overly protective of my phone but I haven't used a screen protector now for years (Dinc before the Rezound)... I pocket the phone screen to the thigh rather than use a holster and am careful what I put on top of the phone when it is laying on a table.

I do take care of my equipment though... Living in the desert, it is hot, dry and dusty so you have to be a little careful when cleaning things to make sure there is no grit.

I do use a case as I am more worried about wearing from normal use on the bottom and sides of the phone and some protection from drops. My Dinc looks brand new and I got it when they first came out.

My Rezound.. No scratches at all.

Thank you for the input sir :)
I sent you a PM btw.

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk
j8t1uvaAWRgTE.png

craigsdocks

Mar 18, 2011
I have a Realook, had it on about a month, great screen protector.

Fits Exact, I mean exact, so you need to line these up perfect, it covers every bit of the screen

I had a Steinheil crystal clear on my Incredible and this one seems exactly the same as those, which were awesome, but Steinheil doesn't make them for the Rezound so I got a Realook

Cant see the protector on the phone, cant feel it either, so all is well, seems like its naked too me

Note: remember the side with tab 2 on the Realook goes toward the glass, kind of confusing, these go on dry no water needed

johnwaynegacy

May 25, 2010
Well, I got my first hairline scratch today. I will be ordering a new digitizer. Maybe I will order 3 or 4 and just swap them out when I get scratches. So basically the best screen protector for me will be having extra digitizers. :confused:

jemadar

May 2, 2010
I scratched my rezound the day I got it and since have been trying to find a good screen protector for it. I came from two phones both containing gorilla glass and never had to think much about screen protectors so this was a new territory for me. I thought I could just use the protector that came with my Otterbox commuter and all would be good. Well never having applied a screen protector before I found out what a nightmare dust can be. I couldnt stand the bubbles from the dust and removed it out of frustration. I then went down to my local verizon store and purchased a 3 pack of the VZW Rezound screen protectors - clear. It took 3 tries but eventually I managed to get one on that had 0 bubbles from dust and all was good.

I was proud of my newly installed screen protector ( note I killed 3 trying to install them not knowing what I was doing ) and slid my phone into my pocket knowing now I did not have to worry. One day later I look down at my phone and there are scratches all over the screen protector and two very large smudges which are called "burn" marks I think. All these frustrations was honestly making me hate my phone. I never had to worry about stupid scratches before and I started using my work phone over my personal just because of this. I looked around this forum and decided to give the Realook Crystal Clear's a try.

I received my Realook's two days ago and immediately removed my burned VZW protector so I could install my new one. Installation was a nightmare. I read that using tape can really help in removing dust and reapplying the protector incase you don't place it just right. Realook recognized the installation difficulty and actually gives you two pieces of tape in the package for such a situation. It took me probably about 20-30 minutes to get the screen protector sized just right on the Rezounds screen. If it's off just the slightest bit (because of its tight fit) then the edges will bubble up and there is no way to make it lie completely flush against the screen. After using my provided tape 10+ times to re align the protector I finally found the perfect fit.... but I had about 8 pieces of dust under my protector. Using the two pieces of tape, pulling back the protector slightly and using the second piece of tape to remove the dust made the installation finally perfect.

In the end I highly recommend the Realook Crystal Clear. The touch is much smoother than the VZW protectors and is pretty comparible to glass. You can't tell the protector is there at all on my Rezound, and after two days of work in my pocket, it still has 0 scratches or burn marks. Installation is a pita but my piece of mind with my phone has made it my daily go to phone again :D

Reactions: mdfzhi

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
I just go to the mall and have my screen protectors installed at a ghost armor kiosk. high quality screen protector that's install perfectly every time. Comes with lifetime warranty and they replace screen protectors for something as little as a scratch on protector. Cost 20.00 installed at the location I go to, but its worth it.

mighty_markus12

Sep 18, 2011
right now i have a invisible shield on but it's too cloudy and scratches easy. im about to buy a phantom skinz.

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
I have a Realook, had it on about a month, great screen protector.

Fits Exact, I mean exact, so you need to line these up perfect, it covers every bit of the screen

I had a Steinheil crystal clear on my Incredible and this one seems exactly the same as those, which were awesome, but Steinheil doesn't make them for the Rezound so I got a Realook

Cant see the protector on the phone, cant feel it either, so all is well, seems like its naked too me

Note: remember the side with tab 2 on the Realook goes toward the glass, kind of confusing, these go on dry no water needed

this is what i went with after reading some posts similar to yours. i was also a big steinhil fan as was bummed when i saw they werent making them for the rezound. got a 2-pack of realook's on ebay for $12 shipped. not bad.

Thadrow

Jan 24, 2008
Anyone use zaggs max protection ? Ordered but seeing if anyone has a input. How is it over time

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

mc_365

Sep 17, 2009
Jersey City
I just go to the mall and have my screen protectors installed at a ghost armor kiosk. high quality screen protector that's install perfectly every time. Comes with lifetime warranty and they replace screen protectors for something as little as a scratch on protector. Cost 20.00 installed at the location I go to, but its worth it.

and then its only $5 to replace on the same phone for any reason.
So through 2 years (cant afford the latest greatest) I go through 6 or so protectors. And they do all the work.

I have installed protectors myself, but I like the ghost armor, and they pretty much cost the same if you order them and do it yourself as if you go to the kiosk.

A Plus to me is Ghost Armor is the rubber type protector so the film heals itself from minor scratches.

Last edited:

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
Exactly. I tried the rest and these are the best especially when including install. I get my screen protectors replaced for free though when needed. They do heal small to minor scuffs and scratches. Excellent stuff.

Sent from my LG Chocolate using Tapatalk 81 beta 79 via 8g.

killahrey

Aug 23, 2009
East Texas
I always buy the cheapest ones I can fine on eBay.

Not because I'm cheap, I still end up spending about $20 for 20+ protectors.

They usually last me a few months and then I switch it out. I don't have a problem switching them out, I have years of doing it and now everyone comes to me to install screen protectors. Lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

cjsteier

Mar 24, 2011
Evanston
I go to the mall as well and get it from Tricked Out Accessories. Same deal 20 dollars and a lifetime warranty. Also if I give the phone away the warranty stays with it so whoever has the phone is protected for the life of the phone. I can even take the protector off and take it to the kiosk if I have to replace my phone for whatever reason and same deal. I have been doing this for three generations of my phones.

alphabets

Mar 18, 2010
PA
i have always used steinhil's on my phones so i was sad to see they do not make a screen protector for the Rezound. after a little research i found people saying the "Realook" makes a protector very similar to Steinhil ultra crystals. So i bougth them and i think they may actually be even nicer than the steinhil!!! just search for Realook, only $12 shipped for 2! i could not be happier. the fit is perfect and exact, and you have no clue there is even a protector on. no clue. great product!

pmania

Nov 26, 2010
Honestly in just using the one you can but at Verizon for like 4.99. You get 2 and this one has lasted me since febuary so far. Can't even tell its there if you do it right.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Watercycle

May 11, 2011
Manhattan
My best screen protector came from verizon, a matte one for X2 :p

I'm happy I payed like $15 for 2; being a year later and having no reason to switch out the first.

But that was a pentile qhd, now your talking about 720p, matte would be an insult :eek: so this time around realook ultra clear seems to be the more reasonable choice, it's not gorilla glass so not worth the risk of no screen protector.

Hopefully the crystal clear protectors don't grip your finger like the screen does, that was a reason matte got picked before.

unklsckness

Feb 15, 2012
I have used Zagg on my Fasinate and Rezound. I love them. They stick like tint but are pricey. I have heard good things about Ghost Armor. I have to replaced once on each device, there is Zagg stand in mall close by. They charge the replacement cost for shipping and will put it on free, the replacement cost is like 6-8 bucks to. It is pain to put on with no bubbles but, if you can put tint on then you are golden.

Sent from a J3d¡ M!nd Tr¡ck via Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some tips on applying screen protectors dust free: (I posted these earlier in the thread... if they help you guys out, maybe we can have them added to the OP)

Before you start... wash your hands well and dry the most lint free way you can.

1) Do it in the bathroom... yeah the bathroom. It has the most hard surfaces of any room and has the least amount of dust in the air.

2) Do this right after someone takes a hot shower if possible. The humidity build up kills floating dust.

3)Use a spray bottle with water in it set on the lightest mist setting you can to mist the air in the room before you begin. This helps kill lingering dust in the air.

(If you really want to be anal... take off your shirt... moisten your hair... eliminate other personal dust creators. )

4) This tip is for static style only... Have a piece of scotch tape (the clear kind found on most office desks) near by. You can use this to remove any dust that manages to find its way under the protector. Use one piece to lightly stick to the protector's top to aid in lifting it without damage and then use a second piece to lightly pick off the dust from the bottom of the protector. Just a light touch is all that is needed to remove the dust. Avoid touching with fingers for obvious reasons.

5) clean the screen well with quality glass cleaner, then use a lint free towel to wipe it down and ensure there are no streaks. (the ones that come with cheap protectors are far from lint free so get one on your own if you can) I also highly recommend a can of air to blow off the screen after cleaning just in case dust or lint found its way there. Be careful to keep the can upright as it can spit out liquid propellant and smudge the clean screen forcing a re-clean.

6) If using an adhesive style (zagg, skinomi, others) apply a thin but complete coat to the back of the protector and a light mist to the screen. Do not touch the back of the protector if at all possible, if it must happen keep it to the tiniest bit of edge you can. (the liquid may work with static style as well, don't know never tried and probably never will, try if you want though and report back your findings)

7) For static style do as recommended and only peel back a bout a third of the film and then start at the bottom and use a credit card to slide up the protector. This will cause the film to peel off on its own. It will also help remove air bubbles. Do this slowly and use this time to ensure the fit is straight before its fully applied and needs to be redone. This minimizes the chances of dust. The adhesive kind are a little easier in this regard, as you can slide them around. That clear tape can help remove stubborn air bubbles as well, so don't fret too much should you get one. Here is the time to remove dust as well. (remember this is for static only... sticky tape + sticky protectors = stuck together forever)

8) For adhesive style, after the protector is applied, aligned, bubbles removed and you have ensured all the liquid possible is removed, let the thing sit somewhere warmish and untouched for 30 minutes to an hour. If you can get it somewhere there is some air flow, even better.

9) Enjoy your new dust free screen protector. (remember the adhesive style needs a day or two to fully dry out and clear up)
    Are you saying you got a custom install of Ghost Armor?

In any event the Ghost Armor I had was Crystal clear right after I put it on.
    I got it replaced at the mall after 8-9 months and it was clear when the gave to me 20 min. later.
    Most people could not tell I had anything on my phone.

It's still on the screen of my TP2 and it is still clear after 18 months.

Did you get some sort of anti-glare type of protector?

Do a youtube of Ghost Armor.
    Jesus i dont know. Ive used GA quite a few itmes and i know they dont have different options to choose from. Ill take it back today and ask them about it. Most of those guys there at the mall where i am are dicks too. Ohh and my receipts say no returns on CUSTOM CUTS.,.....Gee, would have bee helpful if i knew that in the first place LO(L
    I'm using Halo clear screen protectors. Its as good as any other protector I've used. They are BY FAR the best value at $6 for 3 and I've tried a ton of different protectors in the past. I can't tell that its applied except that the screen is relatively fingerprint resistant.

They attach via static cling. They appear to be essentially the same as Seido or Steinheil protectors which I've used in the past. In fact, all of these static-typed protectors seem to be pretty much the same. I had a generic one on my OG Droid for 2 years with only miniscule scratches developing.

I find static typed protectors to be much easier to install as they tend to be stiffer, so you can hold them via the edges while applying. Bubbles come out with just a bit of pressure and its easy to remove dust with two pieces of scotch tape (one piece to pick up the protector and one to grab the dust underneath). You really shouldn't have dust issues if you install in the bathroom after a hot shower anyway.

I tried ZAGG on the Rezound and I hated it because of the orange peel, tacky feel and pain in the butt installation. There were subtle finger prints underneath the screen where I had to hold it during the install even after I washed my hands 3 times and wet my fingers with the install solution first. A fleck of dust under it was also there for good. You can't really re-apply ZAGGs since they stretch when you take them off and don't fit as well when you put them back. They're also way too expensive, IMO. For the cost of shipping one back to ZAGG to get a refund, you can almost buy 3 Halos.
    I scratched my rezound the day I got it and since have been trying to find a good screen protector for it. I came from two phones both containing gorilla glass and never had to think much about screen protectors so this was a new territory for me. I thought I could just use the protector that came with my Otterbox commuter and all would be good. Well never having applied a screen protector before I found out what a nightmare dust can be. I couldnt stand the bubbles from the dust and removed it out of frustration. I then went down to my local verizon store and purchased a 3 pack of the VZW Rezound screen protectors - clear. It took 3 tries but eventually I managed to get one on that had 0 bubbles from dust and all was good.

I was proud of my newly installed screen protector ( note I killed 3 trying to install them not knowing what I was doing ) and slid my phone into my pocket knowing now I did not have to worry. One day later I look down at my phone and there are scratches all over the screen protector and two very large smudges which are called "burn" marks I think. All these frustrations was honestly making me hate my phone. I never had to worry about stupid scratches before and I started using my work phone over my personal just because of this. I looked around this forum and decided to give the Realook Crystal Clear's a try.

I received my Realook's two days ago and immediately removed my burned VZW protector so I could install my new one. Installation was a nightmare. I read that using tape can really help in removing dust and reapplying the protector incase you don't place it just right. Realook recognized the installation difficulty and actually gives you two pieces of tape in the package for such a situation. It took me probably about 20-30 minutes to get the screen protector sized just right on the Rezounds screen. If it's off just the slightest bit (because of its tight fit) then the edges will bubble up and there is no way to make it lie completely flush against the screen. After using my provided tape 10+ times to re align the protector I finally found the perfect fit.... but I had about 8 pieces of dust under my protector. Using the two pieces of tape, pulling back the protector slightly and using the second piece of tape to remove the dust made the installation finally perfect.

In the end I highly recommend the Realook Crystal Clear. The touch is much smoother than the VZW protectors and is pretty comparible to glass. You can't tell the protector is there at all on my Rezound, and after two days of work in my pocket, it still has 0 scratches or burn marks. Installation is a pita but my piece of mind with my phone has made it my daily go to phone again :D