[APP] NSTools v1.16 for managing various Ezekeel's MOD and tweaks

Search This thread

arifhn

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2010
Jakarta
hi,

i found a bug in the applying of the settings by using init.d script (i suppose it is the same, if not using init.d)

the scaling min freq is set to the value it has to be, with live_oc applied, but before this, live_oc value is set to 100

then, scaling max freq is set to the value, it has to be, without live_oc applied (this is correct)

and finally, live_oc value is set. setting the scaling min freq to a freq which actually is not available causes the system to set min=max freq.

after changing the scaling min freq by hand in the init.d script, to the correct value, the freq all are applied correctly.

edit: after further thinking about it...maybe the problem is caused by a switch, i have included in my kernel, to deaktivate selective oc. maybe it would be possible for you, to verify the default freq. (without live_oc) before applying. If this really is the problem, and there is now way for you to fix it, i will work around it by myself.

it also would be nice, if you could include an extra checkbox/button, to set min freq. because of using ezekeel's patch, to set min cpu freq to 200, while gpu is active, leads to applying this freq (200) as user selected freq, although this value wasn't changed by user.
maybe you are right. my difficulties is to get the default freq with selective liveoc enabled
i'm trying to find a good way to do this

for the PVR limit (200), can you explain more about your idea? sorry i dont get it...

I am new in using NSTools. With version 1,16, every time i restart my device, settings go to default (on demand, min100, max1000, etc).

I use Matr1x V18,5
min 200
max 1300
SmartassV2 (deadline)
Oc Value100%
Oc targer low 800
Oc target hight ?

On settings set on boot is checked.

Am i missing something???

P.S. What "use init.d script" does? Should i have it checked too?
try reinstall it

mnazim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2011
mnmcodeworks.blogspot.com
Bug report: Every time i "RESET" the deep idle stats and "THEN" scroll down the idle stats appear on the bottom end... and it keeps looping with the scheduler settings and deep idle stats...!!!

DerTeufel1980

Jul 31, 2011
maybe you are right. my difficulties is to get the default freq with selective liveoc enabled
i'm trying to find a good way to do this

for the PVR limit (200), can you explain more about your idea? sorry i dont get it...
The problem is, that nstools is reading all actual settings when applying changes. Because of the GPU being active at this time, nstools takes the 200 MHz and puts it as min freq. After this, 100 MHz are not used anymore.

nexus.prime

Mar 14, 2012
Hi arifhn

How about adding "CM Colors Settings"?

For the NS CM kernel users and GN CMPlus-Tuna kernel users on non-CM ROMs : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1586508

KalimochoAz's modified voodoo color version is the best on ICS, IMO (No wash and No Green flicker even with 65 fps)

but, tweakable on only CM9

Thanks for your great works! :)

MДЯCЦSДИT

Nov 21, 2010
@arifhn

I maintain a kernel for the SPH-D700 (Samsung Epic 4G) and our custom undervolt that all of our kernels use does not work with NSTools but works fine with voltage control. Can you pm me your gtalk or tell me an IRC channel I can talk to you on to fix this on the kernel or app side?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

A

asasione

Latest NSTools from market automatically switches OC values to the highest possible for some reason. Please look into it Arifhn

arifhn

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2010
Jakarta
The problem is, that nstools is reading all actual settings when applying changes. Because of the GPU being active at this time, nstools takes the 200 MHz and puts it as min freq. After this, 100 MHz are not used anymore.
yes i knew the problem. I tought you have a solution for this

@arifhn

I maintain a kernel for the SPH-D700 (Samsung Epic 4G) and our custom undervolt that all of our kernels use does not work with NSTools but works fine with voltage control. Can you pm me your gtalk or tell me an IRC channel I can talk to you on to fix this on the kernel or app side?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
PM sent

superhil

Jul 20, 2010
@arifhn
a question
when i enable init.d option, I can't find the script in /etc/init.d folder, so where does nstools put the script?

Thanks in advance

Maxxd01

Jul 19, 2008
I'm want to understand how fast charge works. The kernel I'm using supports that feature but I'm afraid of using it because I don't know how it works.

Can anyone please explain me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Search for 'nstools' in market, its FREE

You can manage this tweak:
    - BLD
    - BLN
    - BLX
    - CPU Governor
    - Custom Voltage, now also support uv_mv_table (some kernel still use this)
    - Deepidle
    - Liveoc
    - Max/min scaling frequencies
    - Touchwake
    - CM Led
    - IO scheduler selection
    - Fast charge toggle

this app will restore seting on boot,
    so you don't need to create/edit init script

NSTools icon by Ziv Feldman

German translation and tab icons by fschaefer
    Italian translation by mattia.b89, updated by etoy
    French translation by benseoul
    Korean translation by phone_user
    Dutch translation by jorim.tielemans, updated by micha3lvd
    Polish translation by marekcichecki
    Portuguese translation by Mykos

Source code:
    https://github.com/arifhn/NSTools

Notes:

- If something bad happenned and you want to reset NSTools config,
    install reset_nstools.zip in recovery (if its not work, try to mount /data from recovery menu before applying the zip)

- If you want to switch kernel, i recommend to uncheck 'restore on boot' setting.
    It will reset to default kernel setting. You can recheck that after reboot.

- starting in v1.8 app will detect kernel version on boot, if the version has changed the settings will be discarded.

- The new permission on v1.12 and up: read contacts is used for detect missed call. You can check the source code on my github to make sure this app don't read/send your contacts data.

- read this thread about CPU governor

- for those who have problem with smartassV2 governor settings, ask your kernel developer to patch their source, see this post

- visit http://cyann.mobi/ for more information

For ROM developer
    I've added Android.mk file so you can directly build NSTools with android build system
    I've also publish my certificate here https://github.com/arifhn/platform_build

released version 1.15
    with ondemand, conservative, smartass2 and interactive governor parameters

The latest NSTools is overriding the blinking settings that i have on my BLN Control Pro app. Is there a workaround for this?

(I noticed this only happened after i updated to a new ROM though, would this be ROM-related?)
    Sorry, I dont understand. What is the problem?
    Hi arifhn

You seem busy these days in real life.

GN CMPlus and Air kernel users are waiting for the support of NSTools :D

Thanks, dev :)

I'm sorry, a bit busy :(

Be patient, pls wait for ver 2.0

Sent from my Crespo using XDA
    released v1.14

whats new?
    - slide to change tab
    - fix FC if service enabled
    - updated translation
    Excellent, thank you sir! Do you have a new APK that we can test?
    new apk

I am wondering if this problem is to know.

Rom : Codename Android Nightly.
    Kernel : Air kernel.

Of course, I'd like tell about NSTools.
    Live OC reboot after applying the maximum value of the minimum values ​​are same.
    This problem can be solved, if you already want to know what is going to resolve known issues.
    Finally, my English a horrible. Thanks.

sorry I don't understand. I've tried to set liveoc target low and high with same values, but didn't get reboot.